Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Using Q credits for a flight beyond expiry

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2019, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver

Apologies if answered elsewhere my situation is I have 40 credits expiring on June 19th which I can't use before the date can I in theory use them to upgrade a sector after the expiry date for example November if I booked the flight before June 19th

I hate the thought of losing them
Old Feb 12, 2019, 4:33 am

It is possible, but not only do you need to book the flight before they expire, but also spend them.
From my experience, if that upgrade later on gets cancelled for any reason, the Qcredits will vanish. This could happen due to cancellations from either side or aircraft swaps. Generally QR is quite generous in these situations with rebookings though.
I once had that situation where I had a C->F upgrade and they swapped the A380 for a 777. When I called they allowed me to change to a later A380 and even change the connecting flight to a different airport.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by makrom
It is possible, but not only do you need to book the flight before they expire, but also spend them.
From my experience, if that upgrade later on gets cancelled for any reason, the Qcredits will vanish. This could happen due to cancellations from either side or aircraft swaps. Generally QR is quite generous in these situations with rebookings though.
I once had that situation where I had a C->F upgrade and they swapped the A380 for a 777. When I called they allowed me to change to a later A380 and even change the connecting flight to a different airport.
yes they actually refunded the credits which is normally not permitted I guess worth taking a chance
thanks for your help
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by spec119
yes they actually refunded the credits which is normally not permitted I guess worth taking a chance
thanks for your help
It's not uncommon that they refund Qcredits when you didn't cancel yourself, but did they also extend the expiration date in your case? I have not heard of that yet.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by makrom
It's not uncommon that they refund Qcredits when you didn't cancel yourself, but did they also extend the expiration date in your case? I have not heard of that yet.
I was very surprised I just said I was unhappy with the equipment change they weren't extended ( Q suites to 333 )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.