Qatar VIP luggage tags

Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Qatar VIP luggage tags

Today I saw two ladies driven to the plane on the tarmac in Doha and when they deplaned in Heathrow they were whisked to the exit via a club car. They must have had 10 checked in pieces between them. All were tagged Qatar VIP. Is this offered to top tier frequent flyers or is this related to who they were?
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by simpletastes
Today I saw two ladies driven to the plane on the tarmac in Doha and when they deplaned in Heathrow they were whisked to the exit via a club car. They must have had 10 checked in pieces between them. All were tagged Qatar VIP. Is this offered to top tier frequent flyers or is this related to who they were?
Well there used to be a time when QRPC members got baggage tags according to their tier, but they didn't say VIP.
I always hated the idea of using these things, not only are they almost completely useless, if anything they just indicate "might be worth stealing".
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:14 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Above QR Platinum, is VVIP.

This is reserved for Royal Family members, Sheikh/Sheikhas, and heavy customers.

While I know a few VVIPs, the only 'regular customer' have ever met, flies weekly DOH-LHR-DOH and DOH-India-DOH in F and J respectively. He has done so for the past 4 years, so one can only imagine his annual spend!

M
HMPS likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Is it possible to enjoy flying weekly? As nice as Qatar is, would that not be unpleasant? Or am I missing something? (With apologies to everyone who flies long haul weekly)
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:30 am
Original Poster

It was all very glam... they even had a maid accompanying them who retrieved their carry on bags from the overhead compartment. This was in Qsuites though, not F.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:33 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Is it possible to enjoy flying weekly? As nice as Qatar is, would that not be unpleasant? Or am I missing something? (With apologies to everyone who flies long haul weekly)
Work is work. I was sat next to the guy, and we had a good chat. Really smart chap, but his job meant he was needed between the three countries.

It was all very glam... they even had a maid accompanying them who retrieved their carry on bags from the overhead compartment. This was in Qsuites though, not F.
Relatively normal for flights with no F.

M
makrom and clubeurope like this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 8:03 am

Programs: QR Plat
As msm2000uk said, VIP means locals with the right level of spend or the right names. I've seen/met a few of them.

As for the thing about travel not being a novelty, for me, some years I average out one move between Europe/Asia/Africa every 3-4 weeks, all in J.

I can only speak for me, it varies from trip to trip between "meh" and "bleh". Every few trips I meet someone (crew or otherwise) that makes it nice. More seldom there are delays or other issues that facilitate layovers, one in five layovers turn out to be nice breaks and the rest vary between "meh" and "bleh".

I love my job, I just wish more of those that employ me would understand that I could easily cut half my travel and do the things remotely, and noone would notice a difference. I'm sure there is a lesson for both them and me in that statement, with some part me not (wanting) to understand the human and face-to-face part of that job.

-A
Old Feb 11, 2019, 8:49 am

Well, as someone who averages close to 500h per year (not as much as others, but definitely enough to make it a very repetitive experience), I am pretty sure that no one would do that just for flying's sake. I travel for work and my girlfriend lives on a different continent, so in my case it basically comes down to flying a lot or changing my girlfriend and/or job.
clubeurope likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 8:56 am

Programs: QRPC Plat; Marriott Plat; Hilton Gold
I have had the yellow VIP baggage tags on my checked in luggage this was flying from DOH-DAR in J..
Old Feb 11, 2019, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Wow, you must attract lots of envious glances at the luggage carousel :-:
Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:29 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Class, plus BAEC.
Wow, you must attract lots of envious glances at the luggage carousel :-:
I certainly attracted them with my yellow QR First Class tags flying into LGW in J last year. Although given this was on a very overcrowded Southern train with no room for luggage, envy may not have been their first thought.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:38 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Only ONE maid ? Not that high a Royalty.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:50 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Class, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by HMPS
And they were flying commercial 😉
Old Feb 11, 2019, 4:31 pm

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by HMPS
If one qualifies someone as royal I need to shape up and find myself a little kingdom somewhere...

-A
Old Feb 11, 2019, 4:38 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by ph-ndr
If one qualifies someone as royal I need to shape up and find myself a little kingdom somewhere...

-A
Pretend Sheikh !

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.