Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Getting non status pax on 388 upper deck y

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Getting non status pax on 388 upper deck y

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2019, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
Well in complete contrast got an avios booking on CX Y out J back LGW BKK I managed to get CX customer service to allocate my non status friend within an hour of sending the email although 59K on the 359 was $190 for him and free to me as OWS

That's pretty good service IMO sna I could have requested a free non legroom seat so wasn't just about revenue
Old Feb 18, 2019, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Accidental double post
Old Feb 20, 2019, 4:27 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by spec119
I've heard if both pax are on the same pnr it's possible to do on mmb
Yes but QR will reallocate non status pax to LD 72 hours prior to the flight and you will have to ask airport check-in agent to reallocate them on UD if space is still available.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 4:35 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by spec119
nice environment often low occupancy not many seats 8 rows of 8 from memory 2 4 2 configuration great for couples I've been on board with only 4 other pax
In all my experiences (CDG-DOH, DOH-CDG, BKK-DOH, DOH-BKK) UD was more packed than LD as they seem to allow any wiling non status passenger to get an UD seat at airport check-in.
But nevertheless UD always offer more space, side storage bin for window seats (except row 30), usually a better service and no kids (only had once on a BKK-DOH flight), absolutely no (crying) baby and many front row seats (row 25 and 30).
Old Feb 20, 2019, 11:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Matt4

In all my experiences (CDG-DOH, DOH-CDG, BKK-DOH, DOH-BKK) UD was more packed than LD as they seem to allow any wiling non status passenger to get an UD seat at airport check-in.
But nevertheless UD always offer more space, side storage bin for window seats (except row 30), usually a better service and no kids (only had once on a BKK-DOH flight), absolutely no (crying) baby and many front row seats (row 25 and 30).
I concur last few trips always packed in fact I was moved to ld one a BKK DOH for more space ( empty row )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.