Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

New process for upgrading using miles/qcredits?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New process for upgrading using miles/qcredits?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2019, 4:04 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by jah718
It's ridiculous making someone upgrade at the airport when F is only 3/8. It is very unlikely that you will sell 5 F seats the week before departure.
I’ve seen QR flights going from F7 to F0 2 or 3 days before the departure as rich Qataris tend to book/change at the last minute.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 3:14 am

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by jah718
Hi all,

I have been looking at upgrading an upcoming flight using miles and up to yesterday, I was getting the usual, no upgrades available.

However, when I tried yesterday, I was instead presented with a new page, where I could tick a box for all the flights I wanted to upgrade and it calculated the cost. Then I submitted the request and received a standard email from QR saying they are working on the request.

Lo and behold, this morning I get an email saying the upgrade was successful and on hold and I had to go into MMB to confirm the ticketing.

Have they abandoned the new system and reverted to this system which is like the old one, but only online? In any case, it was most welcome!

This is not a new process, it's usually a glitch that happens quite often. Don't get your hope too high.. QRPC is not here to make your day better, but rather to make you feel miserable
Traveller999 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.