Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Short Check Luggage Policy HAN-DOH-ATL

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2019, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Accor Gold, SQ*G, MH Platinum, Marriot Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador
Short Check Luggage Policy HAN-DOH-ATL

I was on QR969 departing Hanoi this morning with an 18-hour stopover in Doha before continuing on to QR755 to Atlanta tomorrow morning. I asked at check-in for my bags to only be tagged to Doha but I was told that because the journey is on one ticket, she is unable to do so. When I did a similar trip ex-CMB I was allowed to short-check in Doha, so I'm just wondering if policy changed or if the Hanoi agent (contracted) was ignorant.

Does anyone have any idea? Who was wrong? Or is this a YMMV situation?
Old Feb 3, 2019, 10:15 am

Their T&C states "Please note that for transit flights in Doha of less than 24 hours in duration, baggage cannot be claimed and will be tagged to your final destination." On the other hand, if transit is 24+ hours, again there is no choice but to pick up bags in DOH and re-check them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.