Wiki Posts
Search

QR meal broke my tooth

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2019, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: qantas
QR meal broke my tooth

I flew from Zurich to Sydney Australia via Doha on a Qatar flight. I was served a red cabbage salad, which seemed off, and which also had something in it that broke one of my front teeth. My insurance does not cover this. I tried to report this several times to the ground staff in Doha, and they refused to give me any paper to say I have reported it. It cost thousands of dollars to fix the tooth - I needed a bridge which will need regular maintenance - and I also got food poisoning, presumably from the red cabbage salad. Despite many attempts to claim from the airline, which included certificates from a fellow traveller, my periodontist and the postodontist who had to attend to the broken tooth, I was fobbed off - mostly by silence. What can I do please?
Old Jan 19, 2019, 2:03 am

Programs: BA Gold
I think you will have great difficulty getting any positive reponse from Qatar. I have been trying to persue an incident with them for almost a year and their tactic as a company seems to be that they just ignore you, hoping that you will go away.. Quite the worst customer service I have experienced from any airline!
GalaxyChris, Traveller999 and NoY like this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 1:00 am

Programs: FB, MM, QR
Originally Posted by judd2003
I flew from Zurich to Sydney Australia via Doha on a Qatar flight. I was served a red cabbage salad, which seemed off, and which also had something in it that broke one of my front teeth. My insurance does not cover this. I tried to report this several times to the ground staff in Doha, and they refused to give me any paper to say I have reported it. It cost thousands of dollars to fix the tooth - I needed a bridge which will need regular maintenance - and I also got food poisoning, presumably from the red cabbage salad. Despite many attempts to claim from the airline, which included certificates from a fellow traveller, my periodontist and the postodontist who had to attend to the broken tooth, I was fobbed off - mostly by silence. What can I do please?
Go public. Call them out on this.
NoY likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 8:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: qantas
Angry

Originally Posted by Somnifer
I would prefer to get my money, thank you. Are there any organisations that can help me?
Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by Somnifer
Originally Posted by judd2003
I would prefer to get my money, thank you. Are there any organisations that can help me?
I'm not sure you're going to get much help on this.

You could try the consumer watchdog in either Switzerland or Australia, but they will likely not be able to assist.

Somnifer probably has the best suggestion. Write to a newspaper and see if you can get them to go into bat for you. It sometimes works.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:47 pm

Programs: QF
It is very hard to confirm the source of food poisoning unless you have a sample for testing. The airlines (and most other food establishments) are aware of this and will not accept liability unless you have the proof.

I am also not sure of the likeliness of getting a successful outcome for the costs incurred but do wish you luck.
Traveller999 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.