Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which lounge at SIN?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2019, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by weebo15
I hadn't even realised my booking in April was from T1 until this thread, all my previous flights have been on the 0205 from T3 which meant I couldnt check in in time to get across to T1, and each time I arrived at Changi far too early. This time I'm on the 21:20 (QR947) departure? So should have access to BA & QF lounges I believe. I presume check in is still 3 hrs before hand?
As mentioned both the Qantas and Ba lounge will be available then. From memory the QF is better for food but souless and BA had basic food but nicer seating area. We did walk in the sats lounge as well but walked straight out again when we saw the food, which isn't ideal baring in mind that's the only lounge open for the early flight for us.

Not checked in with Qatar before there but as changi is so quick to get through security etc I'd stay in Singapore town for longer and get a drink by the river.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 5:44 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
If I am travelling hand luggage only, I check in on line and print my boarding passes, can I go through to departures before the Qatar check in counters open?
Old Feb 22, 2019, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
If I am travelling hand luggage only, I check in on line and print my boarding passes, can I go through to departures before the Qatar check in counters open?
Unlikely. Unless things have changed in recent months, even if you check in online, the system just gives you a confirmation note... not an actual boarding pass. You still have to collect the boarding pass proper at the check in counter.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by flyingbubbles
Unlikely. Unless things have changed in recent months, even if you check in online, the system just gives you a confirmation note... not an actual boarding pass. You still have to collect the boarding pass proper at the check in counter.
Thanks
Old Feb 22, 2019, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
sorry, already posted
Old Feb 22, 2019, 9:12 am

Programs: BA Gold
QR do state on their website that boarding pass can be printed after OLCI, then again, I have a vague memory that a QR OLCI printed boarding pass failed to read in the scanner...but worked out of HND as I remember. Haven't been on QR for quite some time though, but will be flying with hem from SIN in April, and really would like to go airside before check in desk opens. ☺
Old Mar 17, 2019, 7:15 am

Programs: BA Gold
On another note, is there a shower in the lounge? Will be on the 21:25 flight out...hoped to be able to get through security way before check in opens, but seems unlikely, so will be one sweaty pax on that flight if nothing else. ☺
Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by Knodde
On another note, is there a shower in the lounge? Will be on the 21:25 flight out...hoped to be able to get through security way before check in opens, but seems unlikely, so will be one sweaty pax on that flight if nothing else. ☺
Plenty of showers in the QF lounge! It's open from 1430hrs. You should have plenty of time even if you get into the transit area 3 hrs before departure.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:07 pm

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
I gather that for QR945, the SATS lounge is the only option? Does it have showers?
Old Mar 19, 2019, 1:45 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by florin
I gather that for QR945, the SATS lounge is the only option? Does it have showers?
If arriving 3 hours before departure (as most not based in SIN would often do), you might have a go at accessing the QF lounge as it closes at 23:00.

SATS lounge has a shower but nothing special.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 12:26 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I used both last year when flying AY (despite being given an invitation to the DNATA Lounge). I found the BA lounge a little small and crowded and the staff there were overwhelmed. Dirty dishes weren't collected and food wasn't replaced. Their liquor selection is okay too

I liked the Qantas lounge more as It's bigger and has a more airy feeling and their attached restaurant had good food and offered a lot of seating options.

Old Jul 29, 2019, 11:02 pm

Programs: QR Plat
This might be good news for Singapore departures:
Early Check-in | Changi Airport Singapore

-A
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi.

I used the jewel early check in with luggage 4 hours prior to the 2125 qr flight to doh on saturday

Will post more on the lounges later when I am on my desktop pc

Regards

Tbs
Old Jul 30, 2019, 2:30 am

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi.

I used the jewel early check in with luggage 4 hours prior to the 2125 qr flight to doh on saturday

Will post more on the lounges later when I am on my desktop pc

Regards

Tbs
I walked by the counter now while hunting for something else, and there was a body manning the counter and a QR logo on the screen above it, so that is promising.

-A
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 4:17 am

Originally Posted by ph-ndr
I walked by the counter now while hunting for something else, and there was a body manning the counter and a QR logo on the screen above it, so that is promising.

-A
I used the Jewel check in back in May. It was manned from 9 am . There are two check in counters for Qatar.
NZbutterfly likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.