Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

J Passengers can pay for Al Sawfa Access - Now 600 QAR

J Passengers can pay for Al Sawfa Access - Now 600 QAR

Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by ATCOlad
Is it possible to bypass Al Mourjan and go straight there to pay at entrance! If it’s very quite they might not mind! Play the innocent card 😀
I asked that before I left the Al Sawfa lounge and they told me I could go straight to Al Sawfa next time if I was interested in purchasing access again.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 7:36 am

Programs: BA Silver VS EI
So here’s my experience! I went straight to the Al Safwa lounge entrance. The guy at the bottom
of escalator was having none of it and said he knew nothing about “walk ins” We went then to Al Mourjan reception and were told the same thing initially until a supervisor overheard me insisting on the new pay upgrade facility and said Yes we could pay and he would advise Al Safwa we were coming back over. This time we got straight up to the counter paid the 250 qar each and In we went. Used the showers in the spa area first which were brilliant. Then went to the bar. Like others have said the place was deserted, I could only see maybe 10 otter guests. Staff were very friendly & attentive and we had a lovely chat with our bar server. He made any cocktail we wanted despite the lack of any official cocktail menu. Just wish we had longer there, it was an amazing experience and anyone who gets the chance should definately try it out!!
Gobber likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 11:17 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Gold, Singapore air Kris flyer,Emirates Silver, Etihad Gold
So I just had a chance to try the paid access. I was on QR J traveling to Tunis. I had 8 hour layover ( intentionally chosen) from around mid night till 9 AM the next morning. After arriving from KWI went straight to Al Safwa lounge and asked for paid access. The staff on duty said she needs to call in her supervisor as he will bring the credit card reading machine so that I can pay. Less than 2 minutes he arrived and I paid the 250 QAR. Then got in, had a nice dinner, then straight to my sleeping room where I slept around 5 hours. Took a shower in the morning then breakfast. I found this option very very nice and its really worth every penny you pay especially when you have a long layover. I was the only passenger at the lounge. what a treat hope it stays though.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 7:42 am

Programs: Amex Plat
Red face

Originally Posted by tokyolyon
So I just had a chance to try the paid access. I was on QR J traveling to Tunis. I had 8 hour layover ( intentionally chosen) from around mid night till 9 AM the next morning. After arriving from KWI went straight to Al Safwa lounge and asked for paid access. The staff on duty said she needs to call in her supervisor as he will bring the credit card reading machine so that I can pay. Less than 2 minutes he arrived and I paid the 250 QAR. Then got in, had a nice dinner, then straight to my sleeping room where I slept around 5 hours. Took a shower in the morning then breakfast. I found this option very very nice and its really worth every penny you pay especially when you have a long layover. I was the only passenger at the lounge. what a treat hope it stays though.
You did well. It will certainly not stays this way, as, at least many of FTalkers going to hang-out there more and more from now. I know I will. 60EUR fee will certainly be exploited to the maximum potential, did you went for collateral damage of VCP bottle on top? Time for cost cutting, like it happened in the J cabin in the air, though you still need to please F class.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 3:59 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by tokyolyon
I am in the middle of a long layover and tried to purchase access, but was told I couldn’t as it exceeded the 6 hour maximum. I don’t know if you lucked out with your 8 hours or if they just started it.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 10:37 pm

Programs: QF
I have a layover coming up, would paid access be worth it for 3 hours vs the business lounge?
Andrew in Alabama likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by jrfsp320
I have a layover coming up, would paid access be worth it for 3 hours vs the business lounge?
Only you can decide if it's worth it for you, but I would say no. You didn't give any specifics; but remember that a scheduled three hour connection is more like two hours in the lounge.
makrom and Traveller999 like this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 2:17 am

Maybe just the terminology used, but if your ticket qualifies for paid access to Al Safwa, you would presumably otherwise be in Al Mourjan and not the business lounge, which is a different place altogether.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 2:17 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
It depends how many glasses of premium Champagne you can drink in 3 hours ;-)
Muttley and ATCOlad like this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 4:11 am

Programs: BA Silver VS EI
Originally Posted by Matt4

It depends how many glasses of premium Champagne you can drink in 3 hours ;-)
We managed 8 premium champagne & high end spirit drinks in an hour & half!! Definitely value for money spent! Plus food plus incredible surroundings & service. Might never get the chance again to experience it again.
Muttley, Splendiz and Gobber like this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 8:51 am

Programs: BA Gold/Hilton Gold/Marriott Platinum Elite
Anyone knows whether J award seat can gain entry to Al Safwa? Have a Avios booking in Jun and definitely want to try.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 9:00 am

Programs: Amex Plat
Another one. If i am connecting via Doha with 8 or 8+ layover on paid premium ticket and show up within, say 3-4 hr till my departure time, will I be eligible to purchase entry to AS?
yabadoo likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by sy7217
Anyone knows whether J award seat can gain entry to Al Safwa? Have a Avios booking in Jun and definitely want to try.
I went on a JAL award recently. However, on my flight coming in after the morning rush in Al Mourjan was over I was told it was not possible. My return flight during evening hours was fine.

For most of the time I was literally the only passenger in the lounge.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 2:36 am

Programs: QR Gold, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Taj Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I went on a JAL award recently. However, on my flight coming in after the morning rush in Al Mourjan was over I was told it was not possible. My return flight during evening hours was fine.

For most of the time I was literally the only passenger in the lounge.
So, just to be super clear, are you saying that on your return flight you managed to get paid access to Al Safwa (250 QAR) while on an J award ticket booked with JAL mileage bank miles? Did you directly go to Al Safwa to pay for access or first went to Al Mourjan? Thanks.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by lifeonthego_k
So, just to be super clear, are you saying that on your return flight you managed to get paid access to Al Safwa (250 QAR) while on an J award ticket booked with JAL mileage bank miles? Did you directly go to Al Safwa to pay for access or first went to Al Mourjan? Thanks.
Yes, was allowed to buy access to Al Safwa with a J award flight issued by Japan Airlines.

I asked the lady scanning boarding passes at the bottom of the AM escalator. She said yes it is possible, just go talk to the Al Safwa front desk. AS front desk called their supervisor, she checked my boarding pass and said I was eligible. And charged my credit card. 250 QAR.

​​​​​

​​​​​

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.