Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

J Passengers can pay for Al Sawfa Access - Now 600 QAR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

J Passengers can pay for Al Sawfa Access - Now 600 QAR

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Any news on AM or AS access for QR PLT passengers flying in Y?
Old Jan 23, 2019, 6:51 am

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
will try my luck in 4 days. keep you posted
lifeonthego_k likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:44 am

Programs: QR Gold, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Taj Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Yes, was allowed to buy access to Al Safwa with a J award flight issued by Japan Airlines.

I asked the lady scanning boarding passes at the bottom of the AM escalator. She said yes it is possible, just go talk to the Al Safwa front desk. AS front desk called their supervisor, she checked my boarding pass and said I was eligible. And charged my credit card. 250 QAR.
That's fantastic news. I have a J award ticket issued with Asia Miles and will be flying in April with a 3:30hrs stopover. I'll def. utilize this opportunity, provided QR is still offering it then. I've only been in AS once, when flying F from Paris to Doha and onward to Singapore - it was great.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:53 am

Has anyone had success being on a J ticket, and bringing a guest with them? I'll be on a J ticket and my wife will be on AA award ticket. Have about 10 hours in Doha and would love to check it out.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 3:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
First time in Doha, first time on Qatar and having reading this thread I went to Al Safwa and enquired about the paid entrance for Business Class passengers...

Initially, puzzlement was expressed: “where did you hear about this?” I replied “I read about it online”. A phone call was made, my details were transmitted over the phone and I was asked to sit down while they kept my boarding pass. I took that as a good sign...

About 8 minutes later (having rejected about three people who came asking for paid access) I saw a woman come with a credit card machine. She said the limit was 6 hours but my layover was just a little over that, so it was fine. I paid my 250 QAR, my boarding pass got stamped and I am in.

I was immediately greeted (all the staff are so friendly) and offered a sleeping room which is a private bedroom with shower and bathroom attached. I’m tucked up for the night and ready to sleep in a bed one fifth the cost of the transit hotel. I will explore Al Safwa in the morning but now it’s time to sleep.
novelle, Matt4, ATCOlad and 3 others like this.

Last edited by CoweyB; Jan 23, 2019 at 4:17 pm
Old Jan 23, 2019, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by keggers1
Has anyone had success being on a J ticket, and bringing a guest with them? I'll be on a J ticket and my wife will be on AA award ticket. Have about 10 hours in Doha and would love to check it out.
A guest in to Al Safwa lounge on a J ticket? You would need to pay two fees for two J ticket holders. No guest privileges in J either way.

There is a maximum of 6 hours on the purchased access.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 2:50 am

Programs: QRPC
Would it be possible to get paid access to Al Safwa after spending a few hours in Al Mourjan? I have a 15 hour layover next month and given that they appear to be strict with the 6 hour rule for paid access to AS, I was wondering if I could split my time between the two?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by lawyered
Would it be possible to get paid access to Al Safwa after spending a few hours in Al Mourjan? I have a 15 hour layover next month and given that they appear to be strict with the 6 hour rule for paid access to AS, I was wondering if I could split my time between the two?
Yes you can, you can go to AM after the visit to AS or before.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond. Marriott: Platinum. AA: EXP 1MM. Delta: Silver. Etihad: Silver. Emirates Silver
Yes you can, you can go to AM after the visit to AS or before.
Will Al Safwa staff find you and kick you out once your 6 hours are up? I imagine it will be difficult to do that. I have a 9 hour lay over, was thinking thew first 3 hours spend in AM and then move over to AS when there are just 6 hours left, hopefully that would work? I don't think AS would let me in at the very beginning of my 9 hour layover as they can't keep a tab on me and ask me to leave and go to AM once 6 hours are over.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: BA Gold/Hilton Gold/Marriott Platinum Elite
Yes, was allowed to buy access to Al Safwa with a J award flight issued by Japan Airlines.

I asked the lady scanning boarding passes at the bottom of the AM escalator. She said yes it is possible, just go talk to the Al Safwa front desk. AS front desk called their supervisor, she checked my boarding pass and said I was eligible. And charged my credit card. 250 QAR.

​​​​​

​​​​​
Thank you for the report, it is good to hear that and I will definitely pay for the AS lounge.

Will arrive DOH at 1615 on 05JUN and leave DOH at 0725 on 06JUN (hope the lounge will be refilled with alcohol as Ramadan ends on 04JUN).
As first time to DOH(also first time on QR), I think I will grab a taxi and have a short visit to the Museum of Islamic Art before it closes at 1900,
then walk to Souk Waqif and have a dinner before getting back to the airport. As per above posts the visit of AS lounge will be limited to 6 hours
so I will stay in the AM lounge until 0100 and head to the AS lounge afterwards.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yabadoo
Will Al Safwa staff find you and kick you out once your 6 hours are up? I imagine it will be difficult to do that.
I bet that they can. There aren't that many people using Al Safwa [yet].
Old Jan 24, 2019, 3:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Will Al Safwa staff find you and kick you out once your 6 hours are up? I imagine it will be difficult to do that. I have a 9 hour lay over, was thinking thew first 3 hours spend in AM and then move over to AS when there are just 6 hours left, hopefully that would work? I don't think AS would let me in at the very beginning of my 9 hour layover as they can't keep a tab on me and ask me to leave and go to AM once 6 hours are over.
If you use the sleeping room there is a time limit on how long you can use it for. I forget if it is four or five hours. They keep your boarding pass and you fill in a form with a “time in” and “time out” box. If you overstay there is an additional charge of 450 QAR.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They may very well find you and remind you. My friend was reminded after 7 hours, flew the day after me on an AA award They don't have that many passengers in the lounge, so it is not that difficult to do.

At a point I stopped to check the departure screens to see my gate, one of the lounge attendants immediately appeared, "Mr CPH-Flyer, your gate is B9" so they definitely know who is who.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CoweyB
If you use the sleeping room there is a time limit on how long you can use it for. I forget if it is four or five hours.
I'm fairly certain that it's six hours.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I'm fairly certain that it's six hours.
It is indeed 6 hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.