Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

An Official QR Representative for the QR Forum

An Official QR Representative for the QR Forum

Old Jan 26, 2019, 12:16 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
One more question / suggestion to @goingplacestogether:
It would be a nice move from QR, if there would be a possibility to buy some QCredits, or even better if QR would assign a suitable amount of QCredits for tier renewal / reach, to be able to get an upgrade for the whole journey and not just for one leg out of two.
As a platinum member i get 60 QCredits every year, but as i always do fly business i only can use them for upgrade on the A380 to first. Unfortunately QR takes 33 of them for upgrading (on my routes), what leaves 27 (useless) credits left...and a bitter taste ;-)
Old Jan 26, 2019, 12:37 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
@goingplacestogether......

I too would like to know:

1. Why my member pack has never arrived since joining QRPC?
2. What plans there are to introduce real-time communications between QRPC & it's premium members?
3. When a more efficient process will be introduced for booking partner awards?

Thank you.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 4:42 am

My two Questions:

1. Why is there no German Translation of the Qatar Airways App?
2. Will there be an Update of the Qatar App in the near future to make it faster and give it a more more modern UI?
Traveller999 and Leaf_Forest like this.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 6:02 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Those are unreasonable questions.
Answering them recognises there is a problem.
And I'm pretty sure that QR Towers does not recognise any such thing.
LOL. For a moment there, I thought you were serious
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 2:33 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Traveller999
I opened this thread as a channel for questions, as there should be a channel to communicate with an official representative of QR, at least thats my opinion.
I cannot see any offensive in my introduction to the thread, neither in my first question, so I am quite astonished to read about "...the thread will be cosed..." and "...further moderator action may be taken..." as a welcome.
If there will be any offensive post, the post shall be removed and not the thread closed.
But if questions to the representative of QR are valued as offensive per se, ok, then the thread shall be closed immediately.
Anyhow it seems not, that a lot of people want to ask "goingplacestogether" something ;-) so "much ado about nothing"
The last few posts have been removed, as they did not pose a question to goingplacestogether.

M
Old Jan 28, 2019, 3:20 am

Programs: QRPC-Silver & Star-Alliance
At the risk of being geeky, a question for goingplacestogether regarding QR's booking-system ...

When I book a return-flight via DOH on QR, and select the outward journey, then look at the returns where I often see adjacent-days for the return-flight showing a lower fare, which is useful !

So why, when I click on one of the cheaper alternative return-dates, does the system 'forget' my original selection for outward-travel, forcing me to select it a second time ?

Wouldn't it be better if QR's system assumed I still wanted the outward-journey I'd already chosen outbound, and just display the alternatives available on my new return-date ?
Old Jan 28, 2019, 3:39 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Richard Bell
At the risk of being geeky, a question for goingplacestogether regarding QR's booking-system ...

When I book a return-flight via DOH on QR, and select the outward journey, then look at the returns where I often see adjacent-days for the return-flight showing a lower fare, which is useful !

So why, when I click on one of the cheaper alternative return-dates, does the system 'forget' my original selection for outward-travel, forcing me to select it a second time ?

Wouldn't it be better if QR's system assumed I still wanted the outward-journey I'd already chosen outbound, and just display the alternatives available on my new return-date ?
Isn't this to do with married segments? Some other airlines booking sites do exactly the same thing. It's annoying, but better to get things right at the start rather than go further through the booking process and get a price change or a change in availability to your detriment...
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 5:07 am

Possibly, but it's irritating to be forced to repeat things, and may even deter people from continuing with a booking, which is the whole point of a booking-system.

They're quick enough to send a follow-up email, when I've dropped-out from a pricing-enquiry, without proceeding to book !

Whatever, I'd be interested to know the official-reason, now that QR have an official presence on FT.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 5:36 am

Another question for goingplacestogether , QR had a redemption-sale a few (or was it several ?) weeks ago when they offered reduced-Qmiles redemptions, for certain routes over the next few months pre-Easter.

I didn't use it this time, but wondered whether this kind of promotion is likely to happen again, prior to low-season months when flights will have lots of spare-capacity ?
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Richard Bell
I didn't use it this time, but wondered whether this kind of promotion is likely to happen again, prior to low-season months when flights will have lots of spare-capacity ?
I'd be surprised if even AAB could answer that. QR has more than its share of unknowns, seems to me.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:31 pm

Well either it worked, filled a few seats which would in-any-case have flown empty. and helped burn some of those Qmiles outstanding (should be a liability on any sensible balance-sheet ?) while rewarding frequent-flyers, or it didn't.

Marketing/commercial-management ought to be reporting to the big boss, and I'd expect him to be paying some attention a.o.t. to delegating it all, especially when the business is struggling with the effects of the blockade.

Certainly it was the first time I'd seen this on QR, that doesn't mean they hadn't tried it before, but I'd expect someone somewhere to be paying attention, and looking at how well current initiatives were working ?

I do confess that I try to view things from a conventional-management POV, which can be a problem at times, with a different culture.
NoY, Abyssin and Traveller999 like this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 11:42 pm

Another one, why no action is taken to make the internet access in Al Mourjan more reliable? Since several month it is quite annoying to establish a internet connection, as you will be disconnected numerous times.
I did report the issue several times to the reception staff - no result till now....
Old Feb 4, 2019, 11:18 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
My question is "Why are no questions answered here ?"
NoY, jah718, Traveller999 and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
That´s a justified question indeed!
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 4:11 am

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
There is no questioning this question.

-A

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.