Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

An Official QR Representative for the QR Forum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

An Official QR Representative for the QR Forum

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2019, 2:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold
They were very helpful in one of their first posts in my thread so long may this continue and if only other airlines openly did this! Well done QR for being modern and forward thinking.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by eugegall
They were very helpful in one of their first posts in my thread so long may this continue and if only other airlines openly did this! Well done QR for being modern and forward thinking.
Well, let's see how it works out. The only other airline presence I have any experience with is the EY lurker. They tended to respond to every query with a boilerplate invitation to write to them offline, which defeats the information-sharing role of FT. And they didn't actually do much beyond forwarding CS requests to other parts of EY, where they were ignored.

There is no reason QR should be the same; I am sure QR will be much better, just as their onboard service is.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
Well, let's see how it works out. The only other airline presence I have any experience with is the EY lurker. They tended to respond to every query with a boilerplate invitation to write to them offline, which defeats the information-sharing role of FT. And they didn't actually do much beyond forwarding CS requests to other parts of EY, where they were ignored.

There is no reason QR should be the same; I am sure QR will be much better, just as their onboard service is.
I think for specific booking changes/questions I personally would call the airline in the first instance however for trivial questions about dress code in lounge or this or that it could be a great concept!
Old Jan 8, 2019, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by NJSwamplands
Dear GoingPlacesToGether,

I have an immediate need for a premium sale from JFK to Thailand. Please advise if anything is coming up in the immediate term.

Thanks,

NJSwamplands
Nothing like a sense of humor!!
Old Jan 8, 2019, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Nothing like a sense of humor!!
Glad you got it.

Seriously though, I hope the QR person brings a two-way level of communication here.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by NJSwamplands
Seriously though, I hope the QR person brings a two-way level of communication here.
Doesn't appear likely. Four posts on 3 Jan, then one post each on 5 and 6 Jan. As soon as this thread was started on 7 Jan, goingplacestogether left the building.

Last edited by SeeBuyFly; Jan 13, 2019 at 4:07 pm
Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:45 pm

Programs: BAEC
Perhaps they're all rushed off their feet in QR HQ with customers booking sale fares and getting excited over the #likeneverbefore

Hopefully @goingplacestogether will be along when they have some time, good things usually come to those who wait.
NJSwamplands likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 12:12 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
It seems that “goingplacestogether” moved on to places.....but not together, at least not with us ;-)
Another brick in the walk of “Dear customer, we value your business.,.,but do NOT contact, ask, or expect anything from us....we value your money - ups sorry, we value your business..., ;-)
Old Jan 19, 2019, 3:05 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
shortsighted business..

Like my platinum kit never delivered.... still waiting from early 2018... where is the respect from QR ?

If I do same with my customer, do doubt, I will loose some business...
Old Jan 19, 2019, 6:26 pm

Programs: QRPC-Silver & Star-Alliance
Perhaps this is just a temporary break, if their original term-of-reference had quickly turned out to be off-target, and they're seeking updated instructions or authority from higher-up ?

Possibly there is a lack-of-clarity or agreement, between QRPC-management and the airline's line-management, or some old-fashioned attempt at micro-management from-the-top-down ?

But a false start would not look professional, and risks merely reinforcing the existing impression many of us have, of QR's on-the-ground service.

Which would be a missed-opportunity ... and regretable.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 3:07 am

Did anyone actually check any form of credentials?

Anyone could come on here and post professional answers!
Old Jan 20, 2019, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT

Yes, it's my understanding that the credentials/identity were verified with QR.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 7:00 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher

Mod Hat on

The process of proving you are an Official Airline Representative, is something undertaken by the Community Director. The process involves a number of checks. If you have any queries, by all means PM SanDiego1k

Mod Hat off

M
Old Jan 20, 2019, 8:38 am

I applaud Qatar for putting forward a liaison between FTers and the company, something which if handled professionally can be advantageous to us all.

I do however have concerns that the 'voice' will be stifled and controlled by above to an extent that it can only repeat the company mottos and buzz phrases - This is to some degree evidenced already.

My call out to the Qatar Management who authorised this participation is ' allow your representative to be honest and open, even if that means accepting fault. Honesty and openness will reap dividends!
Old Jan 20, 2019, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
A year or so back someone in Doha told me they had a number of blogs, including Flyertalk, "on board".

I wasn't sure what she meant, but kept quiet. I simply assumed that one of out knowledgeable but infrequent contributors was from the mothership.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.