Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

An Official QR Representative for the QR Forum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

An Official QR Representative for the QR Forum

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2019, 10:48 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Mod Hat On

A polite reminder to all, that Flyertalk is a welcoming community. As per FT Rule 12.1:

FlyerTalk is a community and is intended to be a friendly, helpful and collegial place.

Please post in a friendly, respectful, welcoming manner. 'Snarky,' unfriendly posts will not be allowed. If you don't have something constructive to contribute to a thread, please do not post.

Unhelpful posts, such as "Do a search" or those that merely comment on the worthiness of others' posts or threads are neither friendly nor welcoming and will not be allowed. If you can't be helpful or contribute substantive content to a thread, please refrain from posting.

While I cannot state where goingplacestogether is at the moment, unwelcoming, unfriendly, and non-constructive posts towards the user, are unlikely to see them return.

There was an awful lot of effort on the part of the QR Mods to get an Official QR Representative onboard, and it was partly done so because FTers requested it. There is more than one representative, and it would be unreasonable to expect a response from them to every message, especially those asking constantly about Sales.

That being said, I'd expect goingplacestogether to find a way to reach out when necessary, and have no reason to doubt they will do so.

We have a Complaints thread already (here), and I would encourage members to focus on Rule 12.1 before posting in this particular thread.

Mod Hat Off

M
toastedcafe likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 11:08 am

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
As I see it, @goingplacestogether is one of us, a FT member. He should be treated with the same respect.
purple1addict and msm2000uk like this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 6:25 am

This thread was started over 2 weeks ago and the supposed QR representative has not posted in it, despite receiving welcomes from a number of people.

Perhaps they are off trying to find my membership pack which has not been delivered yet despite renewing my status in July of last year? I suspect my status may have expired by the time I see anything from QR.
SullyofDoha and Alfredbali like this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:26 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
I see my earlier comment was stricken from the record. I guess it was too sarcastic while cutting too close to the bone. Anyways, one more day of the working week in Qatar so welcome @goingplacestogether , I look forward to your interaction on FT. I think you will find many of us can be and have been great sounding boards for QR to identify opportunities as well as threats. However, it does take interaction, not just forum lurking.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
I'm going to put a temporary closure on this thread until our local Company Representative gets back in touch.

M
Old Jan 23, 2019, 11:24 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Questions @goingplacestogether

On 8th of January “goingplacestogether” was introduced to us as an official representative of QR to FlyerTalk by a moderator, who kindly opened a thread for welcoming “goingplacestogether” (what was an great idea in my opinion).
Unfortunately this thread was “temporarily” closed today...
So I opened this thread for questions to the honorable representative of QR, to show that there is a essential NEED for communication between frequent (loyal) customers and QR.
So folks, ask ask ask.....maybe it will result in answers....maybe.....
Old Jan 23, 2019, 11:28 am

I start - why in case of a glitch of the online system which does not allow to retrocredit miles for flights of a assigned family member (in that case my son), after mailing the problem / request to QRPC, NO answer is given, but the mail request is just ignored?
@goingplacestogether, can you help / explain?
dutch_122 likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

The original thread was closed temporarily, to prevent further unfriendly comments towards the new member.

If this thread follows a similar vein, it will be Closed, and further Moderator action may be taken.

The FT Rules are pretty clear on how to engage and welcome new members, irrespective of whether they are company representatives, or members of the general flying public.

M
Old Jan 23, 2019, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
The original thread was closed temporarily, to prevent further unfriendly comments towards the new member.

If this thread follows a similar vein, it will be Closed, and further Moderator action may be taken.

The FT Rules are pretty clear on how to engage and welcome new members, irrespective of whether they are company representatives, or members of the general flying public.

M
I opened this thread as a channel for questions, as there should be a channel to communicate with an official representative of QR, at least thats my opinion.
I cannot see any offensive in my introduction to the thread, neither in my first question, so I am quite astonished to read about "...the thread will be cosed..." and "...further moderator action may be taken..." as a welcome.
If there will be any offensive post, the post shall be removed and not the thread closed.
But if questions to the representative of QR are valued as offensive per se, ok, then the thread shall be closed immediately.
Anyhow it seems not, that a lot of people want to ask "goingplacestogether" something ;-) so "much ado about nothing"
Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:39 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
A much needed plea for input from QR/PC to engage with their customers, & which seems almost impossible to achieve through their (QR's) current channels, seems perfectly reasonable to me.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:47 am

Here's a question for the QR rep - My partner was booked to fly ARN-DOH-BKK last week but due to a QR irregular operation she was rerouted by QR on Thai Airways. Is it possible for her to be credited the BA tier points and miles for the original booking? Unfortunately this flight was planned specifically for her to renew her BA gold card and now she is 280 points short!
Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:18 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by msm2000uk

M
@msm2000uk, let’s be fair here. While I can appreciate the incamera discussions to have a rep from QR engage in this forum, your earlier thread with the welcoming introduction followed by several days of no acknowledgement by QR just leads members to believe it is more of the same.
Unfortunatly, to be an industry rep on FT really has to be a bit of a passion project for a person until they can prove out the value to the higher ups in their own organization. Yet, most companies still don’t understand how to make that engagement beneficial to themselves as well as the consumer. In fact, QR is still learning how to engage in social media as witnesses by their well meaning, but often inefffective interaction on Facebook.
ph-ndr, NoY, Abyssin and 2 others like this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 5:02 am

I fully understand that there needs to be an air of respect towards new members, regardless of whether they are a private user or a company representative. How and ever, I do feel that if QR are to have a representative here, there needs to be better engagement. That welcome thread was set up and goingplacestogether didn't post at all, which is just further endorses my opinion of QRs customer service at all levels (excluding on board which is excellent).

I have a question, where is my membership card? I can understand a delay or whatever, but 7 MONTHS! Seriously.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 6:16 pm

Programs: Privilege club platinium,GHA hotels black
Here Here, jah718,
I would like to know about these membership packages, I'm still waiting for my Platinum package from Dec 31st 2017 re qualified again Dec31st 2018;
I have emailed membership services and received different excuses blockade, printing problems etc I. know hard copies are not needed because your membership number is on boarding pass but I have been asked to produce card in out stations trying to use lounges and all I can show is my Plat card expiring Dec31st 201
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 6:20 pm

Programs: Privilege club platinium,GHA hotels black
That is Platinum card expiring Dec31st 2017

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.