FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qatar Airways | Privilege Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club-644/)
-   -   Qmiles/Qcredits upgrade on booking with other airlines' FFP? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/1949526-qmiles-qcredits-upgrade-booking-other-airlines-ffp.html)

kornner Jan 6, 2019 2:18 pm

Qmiles/Qcredits upgrade on booking with other airlines' FFP?

I'm looking to book flights with QR in J, but this time I want to credit miles and points to BAEC instead, due to massive QRPC devaluation and terrible customer service.

I have some expiring qmiles/qcredits in my old QRPC account that I wish I could use, but would it be possible to upgrade a flight using qmiles/qcredits but still earn original booking cabin/ticket class to BAEC? I'm eyeing the CDG-DOH sector J to F upgrade. (Might need to risk requesting it at the airport still...)

Does anybody have an experience on this? I suspect QR's online tools will not allow it, but would a phone agent know better?

Would it also be possible for me to assign QRPC number to only to a sector I wish to upgrade, while the rest being BAEC's, to process the upgrade?

I understand that this is quite tricky but any tips would be appreciated.

Many thanks!

Inzaghi22 Jan 7, 2019 12:00 am

Originally Posted by kornner (Post 30618629)
I'm looking to book flights with QR in J, but this time I want to credit miles and points to BAEC instead, due to massive QRPC devaluation and terrible customer service.

I have some expiring qmiles/qcredits in my old QRPC account that I wish I could use, but would it be possible to upgrade a flight using qmiles/qcredits but still earn original booking cabin/ticket class to BAEC? I'm eyeing the CDG-DOH sector J to F upgrade. (Might need to risk requesting it at the airport still...)

Does anybody have an experience on this? I suspect QR's online tools will not allow it, but would a phone agent know better?

Would it also be possible for me to assign QRPC number to only to a sector I wish to upgrade, while the rest being BAEC's, to process the upgrade?

I understand that this is quite tricky but any tips would be appreciated.

Many thanks!

I have exactly the same. Booked a normal Qatar economy ticket, then upgraded with QMiles and QCredits to Business. Afterwards, I changed the frequent flyer number to my BAEC number - on the qatar website. I guess crediting to BAEC should work... However, I can finally tell you in two weeks when I'm back ;-)

purple1addict Jan 7, 2019 4:33 am

I have a feeling you may see your flights credited to QRPC regardless. Once you have your QRPC number in there it seems to stick.

Good luck anyway - I hope I’m wrong :) and please do come back and let us know.

kornner Jan 7, 2019 9:02 am

Originally Posted by Inzaghi22 (Post 30620800)
I have exactly the same. Booked a normal Qatar economy ticket, then upgraded with QMiles and QCredits to Business. Afterwards, I changed the frequent flyer number to my BAEC number - on the qatar website. I guess crediting to BAEC should work... However, I can finally tell you in two weeks when I'm back ;-)

Please by all means let me know how it goes. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you here. Would you have some time to check your booking on Checkmytrip.com, or even better https://web.1a-xml.jp/eitr/webeitr/ , to see what FFP number is now showing (or both?). I guess if you have your BAEC number on your boarding pass after checkin then that will be a positive sign.

I wrote an email to QRPC asking about possibilities to credit original booking class to other FFP after upgrade, but their reply does not answer my question at all.

Also, did you upgrade your flight using both qmiles and qcredits? Was it one for inbound and one for outbound flights? I'm curious if I can upgrade XXX-DOH-XXX legs using qmiles for one leg and qcredits for other.

kornner Jan 7, 2019 9:06 am

Originally Posted by purple1addict (Post 30621341)
I have a feeling you may see your flights credited to QRPC regardless. Once you have your QRPC number in there it seems to stick.

Good luck anyway - I hope I’m wrong :) and please do come back and let us know.

I guess there's still a possibility, even though painful, to ask QR to uncredit the flights then re-claim with BA, provided that the BAEC number is on the boarding pass. I'll have to confirm this with BA first though whether they will honor original booking class instead of recognising just the upgraded (award) ones.

purple1addict Jan 7, 2019 10:31 am

Originally Posted by kornner (Post 30622291)
I’m curious if I can upgrade XXX-DOH-XXX legs using qmiles for one leg and qcredits for other.

Yes, I’ve done this. Needs to go through as two separate transactions though - so once your (upgraded) e-ticket has been reissued for the first leg you can repeat the process for the second leg. Of course, subject to award availability :)

Inzaghi22 Jan 7, 2019 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by kornner (Post 30622291)
Please by all means let me know how it goes. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you here. Would you have some time to check your booking on Checkmytrip.com, or even better https://web.1a-xml.jp/eitr/webeitr/ , to see what FFP number is now showing (or both?). I guess if you have your BAEC number on your boarding pass after checkin then that will be a positive sign.

I wrote an email to QRPC asking about possibilities to credit original booking class to other FFP after upgrade, but their reply does not answer my question at all.

Also, did you upgrade your flight using both qmiles and qcredits? Was it one for inbound and one for outbound flights? I'm curious if I can upgrade XXX-DOH-XXX legs using qmiles for one leg and qcredits for other.

Checkmytrip does not show any frequent flyer number, your provided link and the following e-ticket receipt shows the BAEC number.

As for your upgrade question: it's exactly like purple1addict wrote it. You must do every sector on its own, the system does not care if you do it with miles or credits, as long as you have enough and there's availability ;-)

I'll report back where the miles were credited ;-)

Inzaghi22 Jan 27, 2019 1:29 am

Originally Posted by Inzaghi22 (Post 30623452)
I'll report back where the miles were credited ;-)

Finally back from my trip. The bad news: nothing was credited to BAEC, even worse, not even all flights had been credited to Privilege Club. The "funny" thing is, even all my boarding passes had the BAEC number on it. I don't know where in the system there was still the Privilege Club number, but must be really really deep in there, cause I triple checked all possibilities before flying and all showed BAEC number.

Now just wrote an E-Mail to Privilege Club. Let the games begin...

stargold Jan 27, 2019 2:22 am

Originally Posted by Inzaghi22 (Post 30705469)
Finally back from my trip. The bad news: nothing was credited to BAEC, even worse, not even all flights had been credited to Privilege Club. The "funny" thing is, even all my boarding passes had the BAEC number on it. I don't know where in the system there was still the Privilege Club number, but must be really really deep in there, cause I triple checked all possibilities before flying and all showed BAEC number.

I would have thought the starting point will be a retroactive claim with BA, not QR, especially as your BPs have your BAEC number on them.

Inzaghi22 Jan 27, 2019 2:26 am

Originally Posted by stargold (Post 30705539)
I would have thought the starting point will be a retroactive claim with BA, not QR, especially as your BPs have your BAEC number on them.

I thought about that too but then decided to write to Privilege Club as two flights have been credited there...

kornner Jan 27, 2019 8:13 am

Originally Posted by Inzaghi22 (Post 30705469)

I hope you get your flights credited to BAEC as you planned. Since there's your BAEC number printed on BP I think you'll be able to sort this out in the end, but yeah any interaction with QRPC these days is always a pain.

Thanks for sharing, and please keep us posted as I think this will be very helpful to many people in the future.

Sisyphus1carus Jan 27, 2019 2:42 pm

I would like to get some QPoints 'refunded' back to Cathay so they can credit them to my BAEC account as a rather overly (un)helpful Cathay check-in employee spotted an old Qatar tag on one of my bags and updated my FFP to that - so half of my segments on the last trip were credited to Qatar by Cathay instead of BAEC.

Very annoying.

NoY Jan 27, 2019 9:47 pm

I had previously upgraded QR Eco flights to Business with my QRPC number in my booking. I later added my BAEC number instead & all flights posted to BAEC. IIRC I had to chase up BAEC to get that done though.

makrom Jan 27, 2019 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus (Post 30707382)
I would like to get some QPoints 'refunded' back to Cathay so they can credit them to my BAEC account as a rather overly (un)helpful Cathay check-in employee spotted an old Qatar tag on one of my bags and updated my FFP to that - so half of my segments on the last trip were credited to Qatar by Cathay instead of BAEC.

Very annoying.

That sounds like a complicated 4 party matter. I would start by contacting BAEC with copies of your BPs. You will probably have to contact CX and QRPC somewhere down the road.

Inzaghi22 Feb 26, 2019 1:24 am

Just a brief update to my "crediting issue". I think I'll be giving up. It makes no sense acting between British Airways and Qatar Airways and trying to clean up their mess. The whole issue has been going around in circles for weeks now, no end in sight. Below you find a very quick summary of what they want:
  • Qatar Airways wants a letter from BA where they confirm that the flights in question will be credited to BAEC, otherwise, Qatar won't remove the flights from my Privilege club account.
  • British Airways wants a letter from Qatar Airways that they have already removed the flights from my Privilege club account in order to credit them to my BAEC account
Of course none of them is able to contact the other party to sort the mess out...