QR J Menus 2019

    Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 6, 19, 1:54 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: msm2000uk
Wiki Link
What sort of meals can I expect when flying Long-Haul Business?
The Business Class meals served are of a far higher quality than those served by most other airlines.
This thread contains photos of actual Menus and/or Wine Lists as well as photos of the food. Discussion about Business Class food is to be found at business class food discussion

What is the menu for my flight?
Look at the index below and see if there is a recent menu for your flight.

There is no menu for my flight. What do I do?
If you are unable to find a menu relevant to your flight, find a QR flight which departs at a similar time to yours, and of a similar length.

Can I rely upon these menus being available when I fly?
No for a number of reasons
1 QR change their menus frequently, so you may be in luck and find the specific options for your flight.
2 Where there is more than one flight a day to a destination the menu varies according to the time of day. Who wants breakfast on an evening flight?
3 Menus may vary from destination to destination due to flight time, number of meals served, local culture etc.

The 2018 menus can all be seen here
The 2017 menus can all be seen here
The 2016 menus can all be seen here.
Menus from earlier are mostly using another meals service system and cannot be used to understand the current menus.
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 7, 19, 8:30 am
  #256  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 15
Originally Posted by GalaxyChris View Post
i think this Champagne is really not good, I just tasted it and did not find anything interesting.

Value is ~54USD in Europe actually (and not worth it).

I suspect this brand playing with the name "Perrier" to confuse the customer (or somebody made a mistake in Doha when ordering that, thinking about Laurent-Perrier).

Hopefully in the lounge (AM) your can still have the real Laurent-Perrier cuvée Rosé (a great rosé Champagne as Billecart or Roederer do).
I just had this on a flight over the weekend, no thank you. It was bitter and left a strange after taste in your mouth. I switched to the Bordeaux, which BTW they ran out of within the first hour of the flight! Then an hour later, they ran out of the Malbec!
77WBoeing is offline  
Old Nov 7, 19, 8:45 pm
  #257  
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Phuket Thailand
Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Posts: 881
Originally Posted by 77WBoeing View Post
I just had this on a flight over the weekend, no thank you. It was bitter and left a strange after taste in your mouth. I switched to the Bordeaux, which BTW they ran out of within the first hour of the flight! Then an hour later, they ran out of the Malbec!

If it is Jospeh Perrier you refer to, it is well known and respected brand. It has won many medals over the years and is stocked by multiple outlets including Finnair. It was the Champagne of choice of Queen Victoria amongst others and a magnum of vintage JP was given to various members of the royal family on times of weddings etc. As with all champagnes some are not to everyone’s tastes. Also worth noting their are many Perrier labels as their is a family connection between them all.
gav0106 is offline  
Old Nov 8, 19, 5:45 am
  #258  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: UK
Posts: 15
Deleted

Last edited by Yanshuf; Nov 8, 19 at 8:14 am
Yanshuf is offline  
Old Nov 8, 19, 11:10 am
  #259  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Programs: Swiss Senator, Flying Blue Gold, BA EC Gold
Posts: 142
Originally Posted by gav0106 View Post
If it is Jospeh Perrier you refer to, it is well known and respected brand. It has won many medals over the years and is stocked by multiple outlets including Finnair. It was the Champagne of choice of Queen Victoria amongst others and a magnum of vintage JP was given to various members of the royal family on times of weddings etc. As with all champagnes some are not to everyone’s tastes. Also worth noting their are many Perrier labels as their is a family connection between them all.
Agree. I’m having the Canard Duchène Rosé out of PEK now and I liked the Joseph Perrier better. It’s all a matter of taste after all.

And FYI here’s the menu out of PEK (QR895)


Chris0815 is offline  
Old Nov 8, 19, 4:44 pm
  #260  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Programs: DL Platinum Medallion, QR PC Platinum
Posts: 158
QR704 JFK-DOH (Oct 28th, 1045 Dep)





Shrimp on pineapple amuse

Apple and summer squash soup

Granola crusted foie gras

Braised short ribs with creamy polenta

Hudson Valley apple tart with mixed berry sauce

Snack platter selection (smoked salmon, cheese and pimento roll, piri piri chicken skewer, mini treacle tart, piri piri sauce)

Greek yoghurt with granola and strawberry compote

Mixed fruits

Corn flakes

So I gotta say, this may very well have been my best meal on QR, well at least the dinner was. Very impressed with this catering ex-JFK (not known for being the best at catering). Especially good was the foie gras app, which could easily be an F starter on carriers such as AF, LX, CX, etc. or a dish that wouldn't at all be out of place at a 2 or even 3 michelin starred restaurant (shame that this very well may be the only time I'll have foie on QR ex-JFK seeing that we just banned foie gras in NYC ). Also, the short ribs were amazing and glad QR is taking a book out of other carriers' playbooks and using this preparation of beef instead of a grilled filet or such. Honestly, I'm a bit upset with myself that I didn't indulge for breakfast, seeing how good dinner was. (tbf, i had a bit of heartburn from too many glasses of champagne and extra dry martinis from earlier ; I really wanted to try the south indian breakfast, but alas, theres always next time! ) Kudos QR for an amazing meal!

Last edited by fender5787; Nov 8, 19 at 5:35 pm
fender5787 is offline  
Old Nov 8, 19, 5:04 pm
  #261  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Programs: DL Platinum Medallion, QR PC Platinum
Posts: 158
QR960 DOH-DPS (0820 Dep)



Assiette of colds cuts

Seabass congee

Stir fried beef in oyster and soy sauce with fried rice

Afternoon tea

Overall an extremely disappointing meal. Aside from the items just not tasting all that great (the cold cuts were pretty much inedible and were almost frozen yet still had a funky taste to it), the menu was very limited for what is a nearly 10 hour day flight with a scheduled 11pm arrival (more like 1130pm arrival). I get that QR schedules breakfast for its morning flights out to SE Asia, and for flights to BKK, KUL, etc, its totally appropriate. But for longer flights to the region such as this and others like MNL, they really should do a light breakfast followed by a full lunch. This menu, and the selection of food, is quite simply unacceptable for a flight of this nature in J.

Last edited by fender5787; Nov 8, 19 at 5:24 pm
fender5787 is offline  
Old Nov 8, 19, 8:06 pm
  #262  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Programs: qr
Posts: 228
DOH to BKK Qr 832 8/11/19


ARN to DOH QR172 7/11/19
tav1989 is offline  
Old Nov 8, 19, 8:10 pm
  #263  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Programs: qr
Posts: 228
Arn-doh qr172 7/11/19



ARN to DOH QR172 7/11/19
Schwann likes this.
tav1989 is offline  
Old Nov 8, 19, 8:12 pm
  #264  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Programs: qr
Posts: 228
Just done ARN to BKK have to say thought though the quality of the food was quite good the choices were limited . On both flights the dine on demand concept not quite work and my choices were unable to be met which I think was mainly due to full loads.
tav1989 is offline  
Old Nov 9, 19, 2:05 am
  #265  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Programs: Swiss Senator, Flying Blue Gold, BA EC Gold
Posts: 142
Originally Posted by tav1989 View Post
On both flights the dine on demand concept not quite work and my choices were unable to be met which I think was mainly due to full loads.
I had that before as well. Either get a front row or get our order in very early.
Chris0815 is offline  
Old Nov 9, 19, 2:22 am
  #266  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: BOS/UTH
Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT; QR PLT; Bonvoy LT TIT
Posts: 12,506
Originally Posted by tav1989 View Post
On both flights ... my choices were unable to be met which I think was mainly due to full loads.
Originally Posted by Chris0815 View Post
I had that before as well. Either get a front row or get our order in very early.
Did they not ask your preferences before takeoff? They nearly always have IME.
Dr. HFH is offline  
Old Nov 9, 19, 2:23 am
  #267  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Programs: qr
Posts: 228
Originally Posted by Chris0815 View Post
I had that before as well. Either get a front row or get our order in very early.
I was in 1k ! Will see what happens on return flights - I just have the feeling less food is now loaded these days and your choices are more limited unless you decide to have them straight away in which case others may miss out if you are near the rear of the cabin
tav1989 is offline  
Old Nov 9, 19, 2:25 am
  #268  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Programs: qr
Posts: 228
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH View Post
Did they not ask your preferences before takeoff? They nearly always have IME.
Yes they did I wanted something straight away after take off ( the platter ) and then asked for sliders before landing was told that there were not enough , though I suspect if I said I wanted them after take off this would have been ok
tav1989 is offline  
Old Nov 9, 19, 3:12 am
  #269  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Programs: Swiss Senator, Flying Blue Gold, BA EC Gold
Posts: 142
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH View Post
Did they not ask your preferences before takeoff? They nearly always have IME.
It happened to me twice that I was in one of the last rows of J and didn’t even get to order the Mezze just after takeoff. I guess they have limited storage capacity and can’t plan for all eventualities.
Chris0815 is offline  
Old Nov 9, 19, 4:01 am
  #270  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: BRS
Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Posts: 1,434
Originally Posted by fender5787 View Post


Assiette of colds cuts

Seabass congee

Stir fried beef in oyster and soy sauce with fried rice

Afternoon tea

Overall an extremely disappointing meal. Aside from the items just not tasting all that great (the cold cuts were pretty much inedible and were almost frozen yet still had a funky taste to it), the menu was very limited for what is a nearly 10 hour day flight with a scheduled 11pm arrival (more like 1130pm arrival). I get that QR schedules breakfast for its morning flights out to SE Asia, and for flights to BKK, KUL, etc, its totally appropriate. But for longer flights to the region such as this and others like MNL, they really should do a light breakfast followed by a full lunch. This menu, and the selection of food, is quite simply unacceptable for a flight of this nature in J.
I had this menu on DOH-HKG last week. You're right, it was crap. The cold cuts were dried out and the whole thing just sucked. I really think those flights with an evening arrival time should have lunch as the main menu option.

If you are on a similar flight again I suggest the hindu meal, to avoid at least that bloody sausage meal that makes an appearance ex-DOH 365 days of the year.
fender5787 likes this.
Schwann is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread