Wiki Posts
Search

Up to 2x Qmiles and Qpoints

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2019, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles&More, Privilege Club
Up to 2x Qmiles and Qpoints

Book your paid ticket from 7 January till 28 February 2019 for travel till 31 August 2019 and earn double Qmiles and double Qpoints in Premium Class or 50% Qmiles and 50% Qpoints in Economy Class for tickets booked with Qatar Airways. Register by 5 March 2019.
Received via email. You can look at the offer through this link.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 10:10 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by lucasw
Received via email. You can look at the offer through this link.
A few more promotions like this and we will see them devalue the QMiles AGAIN
Old Jan 6, 2019, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by SullyofDoha

Well, given that tier bonus isn't affected, this more or less means earning Qmiles like pre-enhancement. That's not what led to those overblown Qmile balances, it was those 3x-5x promotions, especially since they often came in combination with sales that were actually worth their names. Getting up to 100k (old) Qmiles for C longhaul RTs that cost barely more than $1k, of course this eventually would became a problem.
And instead of thinking "let's tone down these promotions a little" those smart folks at QR came up with "let's screw over all our most loyal customers". Well played QR, didn't see that one coming.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 10:59 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Is this an appropriate moment to wish there would be another GlobeTrotter campaign with another 150k qmiles bonus for Plats...?
Old Jan 6, 2019, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by SullyofDoha

Hugs.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 5:01 pm

Programs: QRPC-Silver & Star-Alliance
I too received this email, and followed the link provided in order to "Register by 5 March 2019", only to find that there was no option to actually register as-required, chalk up another QR-IT-snafu ! Double-checked after logging-in, and still no sign of any way to register.

Not to mention, this 'exclusive-offer' would merely give me back the value, which was already removed in last years' 'enhancements', if it had have worked ?

This promotional-email just compounds my frustration with QR, and rubs salt into the damage, to their reputation & our loyalty ! Great in-the-air, beyond-tragic on-the-ground.
Traveller999 and NoY like this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 9:33 pm

Programs: PC(QR), IB, CX Marco Polo, SAA Voyager
I wrote to QR as I could not register and they answered to say that the registration would start on Jan 7th. Was able to register just now.
Richard Bell and Traveller999 like this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 3:15 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Richard Bell
I too received this email, and followed the link provided in order to "Register by 5 March 2019", only to find that there was no option to actually register as-required, chalk up another QR-IT-snafu ! Double-checked after logging-in, and still no sign of any way to register.

Not to mention, this 'exclusive-offer' would merely give me back the value, which was already removed in last years' 'enhancements', if it had have worked ?

This promotional-email just compounds my frustration with QR, and rubs salt into the damage, to their reputation & our loyalty ! Great in-the-air, beyond-tragic on-the-ground.
If you can’t register, just try with the global/English website. It worked for me.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 6:09 pm

Programs: QRPC-Silver & Star-Alliance
Originally Posted by Matt4

If you can’t register, just try with the global/English website. It worked for me.
Thanks ! It eventually worked for me too via 'My Offers' while logged-in, but as BlueEgg pointed out, they had simply sent out the email before they had activated the registration, which is sloppy & avoidable.

They want us to register specially (why make us go through the extra step ?), so why not just automatically register all those, who they send the special-invitation email to, or those who click on the link for further-details ? Why make things harder ?
Old Jan 7, 2019, 8:53 pm

Programs: Amex Plat
Talking

Originally Posted by Richard Bell
Thanks ! It eventually worked for me too via 'My Offers' while logged-in, but as BlueEgg pointed out, they had simply sent out the email before they had activated the registration, which is sloppy & avoidable.

They want us to register specially (why make us go through the extra step ?), so why not just automatically register all those, who they send the special-invitation email to, or those who click on the link for further-details ? Why make things harder ?
I'm not the insider by any means but one of the obvious reason is to drag consumers into the QR website, have them to login into account, remember the password in case you lost track, manually click on the offers tabs, browse nearby offers or new destinations, just forcing you to have a brief brain memory of an updated oversaturated Krabi beach photograph etc. You never know what is being tested on, hopefully, rats first, in the dark 'consumer behavioural study' dimmly-lit bunker facility.. Picture somewhere between voluntary waterboarding torture and general human curiosity. Afterwards, we all are just a slightly better evolved target group, easily manipulated by illusory 'promotions' and 'deals'. So have to point a mouse and click a bit, tssss... THEY ARE WATCHING US... they even make an semi-official FT forum envoy public to us now, the game is on!

p.s. just bought myself a returned ticket in R in 2 weeks time, jezzz this black magic works
Richard Bell likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 4:56 pm

Have to agree that the devalue was a kick in the teeth. Was saving up to treat the folks to a big trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.