The QR Movie 'Like Never Before'

Old Jan 17, 2019, 5:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I like the "One World" logo at the end!
etiene, clubeurope and Peachy6 like this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 1:26 pm

Programs: Amex Plat
Offers on.
Plan your next adventure with fares starting from 499 EUR to your favourite destination.
Book by 18 January 2019 for travel until 10 December 2019.*

2xQmiles credit promotion is on.
Book your ticket by 28 February 2019 for travel until 31 August 2019 to boost your Qmiles and get an opportunity to upgrade tiers.
*To be eligible for this offer, register by 5 March 2019.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 5:04 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
So nothing to get excited about ?
Old Jan 17, 2019, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
From USA departures absolutely nothing to get excited about.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
since we all registered our preferred airport and #LikeNeverbefore BS I expect new wave of promotions after extended 1st wave dries out tomorrow, Jan 18th.

From QR Facebook post:
Two days to open the curtains #likeNeverBefore. Find out more at http://bit.ly/2GPm3Io
#GoingPlacesTogether
Richard Bell likes this.

Last edited by Gobber; Jan 18, 2019 at 8:43 am
Old Jan 18, 2019, 8:10 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Gobber
since we all registered our preferred airport and #LikeNeverbefore BS I expect new wave of promotions after extended 1st wave dries out tomorrow, Jan 18th.
Right. They were too busy watching their new commercial so they couldnt load the super sale fare on time for the 17th ;-)
We can now only expect that some fat fingered employees distracted by the movie filled in some special promotion ;-)
Alfredbali likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 10:19 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by Matt4

Right. They were too busy watching their new commercial so they couldnt load the super sale fare on time for the 17th ;-)
We can now only expect that some fat fingered employees distracted by the movie filled in some special promotion ;-)
Oh yes, yes yes .... ;-)
Its QR at their best, or maybe I should say at their worst?
Its amazing that an airline with such an inferior ground service / back office / may I say CR management? does have such a great inflight service and inflight experience ...
NJSwamplands likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 9:40 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Traveller999
Its amazing that an airline with such an inferior ground service / back office / may I say CR management? does have such a great inflight service and inflight experience ...
IMHO its because AAB checks everything, from aircraft carpet quality to onboard service, but never has an occasion to check his own Customer Service.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 12:03 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)

IMHO its because AAB checks everything, from aircraft carpet quality to onboard service, but never has an occasion to check his own Customer Service.
Yeah, you are possibly right....:
Old Jan 19, 2019, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by NJSwamplands
QR has been very active today ( Saturday ) on Twitter.
very silent on FB though. This is what I've found on Twitter page:

Our brand new campaign #LikeNeverBefore is not just a film.
It is an experience that shows how travelling with #QatarAirways
urns the familiar into something truly magical.

Huh?
Old Jan 21, 2019, 9:04 am

Programs: QR Plat
If this is all it was, a few uppity tweets and a film, then I think there are some corporate communication consultants somewhere that may have been smoking their socks to think this was a good idea.
-A
Old Jan 21, 2019, 9:12 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Personally, I think the film was a clever marketing move.

It's different to the majority of airline adverts, and it's also quite memorable for concept - albeit less so that it's QR and not Mary Poppins!

The disappointment on the forum is clearly visible, but that is because many expected a Sale; to the point that certain posts made out they were entitled to one! However, for the general traveller, it's clever.

A difference in approach should be commended, and perhaps the theme will run through the year - thus leading to certain Sales in the near future.

M
clubeurope and Gobber like this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 11:03 am

Programs: QR Plat
M,

Sales are nice and all, but the reason I got frustrated with this is not that it wasn't a sale. My job pretty much dictates when I go where, and if that coincides with a sale I'm all OK with that. What gets to me is that when they have fairly well known glaring issues with customer service, and decide to put the money into marketing then either they are not listening, not wanting to listen or disregarding what a rather large following in here frequently is frustrated over.

Hyping a tiny movie to tell me all is rosey and well into socks-being-smoked-territory is not how someone that I spend a non-trivial amount of change on each year connects with me when all I want then to understand and acknlowdge is: you have issues, deal with them. Show me that my input has meaning.

-A
Old Jan 21, 2019, 11:49 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by ph-ndr
M,

Sales are nice and all, but the reason I got frustrated with this is not that it wasn't a sale. My job pretty much dictates when I go where, and if that coincides with a sale I'm all OK with that. What gets to me is that when they have fairly well known glaring issues with customer service, and decide to put the money into marketing then either they are not listening, not wanting to listen or disregarding what a rather large following in here frequently is frustrated over.

Hyping a tiny movie to tell me all is rosey and well into socks-being-smoked-territory is not how someone that I spend a non-trivial amount of change on each year connects with me when all I want then to understand and acknlowdge is: you have issues, deal with them. Show me that my input has meaning.

-A
While obviously not speaking for the airline itself, I've seen many on FT complain about QR's Customer Service.

That being said, the number with issues related to their journeys and on-ground product, has severely reduced over the past 12 months - so progress is being made.

Where there are clearly problems though, are within the QRPC programme; spearheaded by the sudden devaluation from last year.

However, we have a thread for that, and those matters can be discussed within it - opposed to here.

M
Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:48 pm

I don't suppose he travels on qmiles or gets offloaded very often...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.