Search

The QR Movie 'Like Never Before'

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2019, 4:29 am

Oh QR

Old Jan 16, 2019, 4:49 am

Programs: Amex Plat
Originally Posted by kl1987
I would be very surprised if they do have a sale with the launch. At best they might extend the current "amazing" sale.
Hmm, so you don't find, for instance, ex EU-SEA return ticket in biz class of 1500 EUR an 'amazing' value? What else to dream/expect of from here? La Compania style return business seat for 500 EUR? That could do for 1 year, afterwards, no more, we all be asking QR to pay us in order to fly.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by Gobber
Hmm, so you don't find, for instance, ex EU-SEA return ticket in biz class of 1500 EUR .
Where are you seeing this fare? Seattle is still on my to see list..
Old Jan 16, 2019, 5:27 am

Programs: Amex Plat
Originally Posted by jeroen100
EU - European Union
SEA - South East Asia

Sorry about giving you false hope, but you never know
jeroen100 likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 5:30 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

I think OP meant South East Asia as opposed to Seattle
jeroen100 and Gobber like this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 5:52 am

That's what you thought SEA would stand for in that context? An awkward routing over DOH, to a destination that isn't even served by QR...
Old Jan 16, 2019, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by makrom
That's what you thought SEA would stand for in that context? An awkward routing over DOH, to a destination that isn't even served by QR...
Yes.. sorry, honest mistake.
Thanks for the clarification from the other posters

I did check the QR website and was able to select SEA as a destination with a starting point in Eastern Europe (though no flights found)
Old Jan 16, 2019, 6:07 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum
Originally Posted by Gobber
Hmm, so you don't find, for instance, ex EU-SEA return ticket in biz class of 1500 EUR an 'amazing' value? What else to dream/expect of from here? La Compania style return business seat for 500 EUR? That could do for 1 year, afterwards, no more, we all be asking QR to pay us in order to fly.
Fares ex EU is irrelevant to me as I'm based in South Africa. Just to give you an example: JNB - BKK return on a normal saver (not promo) fare used to be around ZAR29000 (around €1850). Now the promo fares for the same route start at around ZAR32000 (€2050). Saver fares shot up to between ZAR40000 and ZAR48000. That is the situation for all routes ex JNB.

I was more than happy to pay saver fares before and was very very happy to pay the great promo fares from before but the sudden increase in all fare brackets is not acceptable to me. For 3 years QR made me use to their great product and affordable fares and then boom overnight...

So please don't try to insinuate that I have some ridiculous or unreasonable expectations.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 7:42 am

Programs: QATAR PRIVILEGE CLUB
Originally Posted by kl1987
Fares ex EU is irrelevant to me as I'm based in South Africa. Just to give you an example: JNB - BKK return on a normal saver (not promo) fare used to be around ZAR29000 (around €1850). Now the promo fares for the same route start at around ZAR32000 (€2050). Saver fares shot up to between ZAR40000 and ZAR48000. That is the situation for all routes ex JNB.

I was more than happy to pay saver fares before and was very very happy to pay the great promo fares from before but the sudden increase in all fare brackets is not acceptable to me. For 3 years QR made me use to their great product and affordable fares and then boom overnight...

So please don't try to insinuate that I have some ridiculous or unreasonable expectations.

Thought this huge and sudden price increase is affecting several African destination; roundtrip EU to NBO increased in the range of +30% from mid 2018
kl1987 likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 7:54 am

Yes.. sorry, honest mistake.
Thanks for the clarification from the other posters

I did check the QR website and was able to select SEA as a destination with a starting point in Eastern Europe (though no flights found)
I didn't mean to be snarky, your interpretation just seemed a bit far fetched. You are right though that QR does offer routings to North America from Eastern Europe (though one has to really like QR to consider that a valid option).
Old Jan 16, 2019, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by NJSwamplands
Sorry if I missed it but what GMT date and time is this rolling out?
17 January 2019, 12:00 am (GMT+03:00)
Old Jan 16, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Interestingly, those holding out for a new/fantastic/like never before sale attached to this launch, if you change your country to NZ (where its already 17th Jan), it says that the existing sale is extended
Old Jan 16, 2019, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by englisha
Interestingly, those holding out for a new/fantastic/like never before sale attached to this launch, if you change your country to NZ (where its already 17th Jan), it says that the existing sale is extended
Extended until?

Connected to Singapore and says Jan 18th extension.
citytom and picco cph like this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 1:26 pm

Programs: Mucci, Untappd 8000+
My alarm is set for 3:00 GMT: infomercial time. Popcorn and beer right by my bedside.
TUN EZE (TND 5924/€1754) and HEL HND (€1706) on hold until Friday.
“Tired of desperately searching for Sake Fares and hating yourself for having missed that CMB PHL Ł1097 deal?
This is your lucky day. We’ll be giving away lifetime passes for the most loyal among you.
If you call in the next five minutes we will throw in Al Safwa lounge access.
Something we hope feels like a dream come true.”
Old Jan 16, 2019, 2:12 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Sandy Hopper
My alarm is set for 3:00 GMT: infomercial time. Popcorn and beer right by my bedside.
Something we hope feels like a dream come true.”
i suspect that someone maybe Hopping mad (or just disappointed) around 0310 GMT when there is a realisation of a shattered dream.

Enjoy the beer and popcorn though. I'll review it at sensible o'clock in the morning lol.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.