Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The QR Movie 'Like Never Before'

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2019, 7:36 am

The pictures on the landing page have changed from neon Chinese billboards to paintings in the impressionist style.

https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offe...ID=SMALL191940
Old Jan 9, 2019, 7:47 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
“Something new and exciting” - now I definitely no longer believe this is about a sale.
Will they leave Oneworld? ;-)
citytom likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 7:49 am

Programs: Amex Plat
Originally Posted by jeroen100
The pictures on the landing page have changed from neon Chinese billboards to paintings in the impressionist style.

That's interesting and according to FT insiders, this literally means that QR is about to buy a controlling stake at AirFrance-KLM, totally destroy OneWorld, and spoil Qantas CEO dinner..
Old Jan 9, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by jeroen100

A bit of digging around the website page source, shows that the images/video used on the changed page are labeled "Paris"... Didn't catch whether the previous neon version also had similar labels.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 10:49 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
So they are indeed taking over Air France.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 11:01 am
R2

Well, the two paintings on the sides seem to be depicting Amsterdam with its narrow houses and canals, the one in the middle is very 'Parisian'...
Old Jan 9, 2019, 11:04 am

Or maybe they will join SkyTeam?
Old Jan 9, 2019, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by JustJasper
A bit of digging around the website page source, shows that the images/video used on the changed page are labeled "Paris"... Didn't catch whether the previous neon version also had similar labels.
Ha! Did exactly the same, tried to find other media in the directory the images where stored but couldn’t find any other ‘clues’
I’m sure it will be a letdown next week (“ Qatar airways is proud to be a partner to something”) but it sure is fun speculating a bit.
JustJasper likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 1:32 pm

There was another announcement in this campaign a few days ago showing the Empire State Building upside down:

If this is a new and "enhanced" global travel festival, it will seriously piss off a lot of people who have booked now during the pre-sale-sale.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 1:59 pm

QR will fly planes upside down from 17 Jan onwards? #LikeNeverBefore
Matt4 and NJSwamplands like this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingScientist
QR will fly planes upside down from 17 Jan onwards? #LikeNeverBefore
I think they are moving NYC to Aussieland on Jan 17th
Old Jan 10, 2019, 1:51 am

It looks like whatever announcement there is next week, it's unlikely to be a definite announcement about alliances.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30635472-post115.html
Old Jan 10, 2019, 5:32 am

Programs: QRPC-Silver & Star-Alliance
I did fleetingly wonder, whether QR were about to announce a new Premium-economy class, in which we might fly "like never before" ? That might be a fashionable thing to do ! But on reflection it would carry too big a risk, of canibalising the excellent Business Class offering, as well as being a serious distraction from the more-urgent task of surviving & overcoming the blockade. So No !

The link asks where we fly from, what our home-base airport is, so surely that implies a tailored-Sale of some sort ? AOT a general one, with flights and deals available to everyone, throughout the network ? Interestingly one can register for more-than-one base.
Calchas likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 6:30 am

Programs: QATAR PRIVILEGE CLUB
Should it be a Sale, given we had excellent PROMOs in the past, especially in 2016 and 2017, they are taking a big risk saying "like never before"...they still have quite a long road to recover the appeal QR had before the May 2018 "enhancement"
Richard Bell and NJSwamplands like this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by R2
Well, the two paintings on the sides seem to be depicting Amsterdam with its narrow houses and canals, the one in the middle is very 'Parisian'...
A bit more sleuthing, and the image on the right turns out to be a bridge in Bruges, Belgium (https://www.google.com/maps/@51.2070...7i13312!8i6656)... Not that I'm suggesting Qatar will start flights from Ostend-Bruges, but the detective work is keeping me entertained!
beepee, jeroen100 and Traveller999 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.