Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Last minute downgrade from QSuites to Standard 777- No help , No compensatio

Last minute downgrade from QSuites to Standard 777- No help , No compensatio

Old Dec 5, 2019, 9:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
3 of my 4 sector flights with QR was meant to be with QSuites, as per normal procedure with QR, they screwed me over and changed the aircrafts. Really frustrating they don't tell you, nor do they tell you that your seat has changed too.
T8191 and pickledtink like this.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Fontana
3 of my 4 sector flights with QR was meant to be with QSuites, as per normal procedure with QR, they screwed me over and changed the aircrafts. Really frustrating they don't tell you, nor do they tell you that your seat has changed too.
Yes. We resorted to doing daily checks, backed up with our subscription to CheckMyTrip.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by fender5787
Though no qsuites, the 330’s J is a far cry from premium economy with a whole gamut of carriers from DL, KL, UA, AF, AM, etc using the same exact model of seats for J. Further, I actually rather like the seats if one is able to snag a seat in the first row vs the old 77w config. And finally, one won’t have to deal with the 330s for much longer as they’re being quickly phased out.
The space on the B/E Diamond seat (not Super Diamond) depends on the aircraft. The A330 (QR) seats are not good, especially the window seats.
And I am not aware that AF ever used B/E Diamond seats.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 11:44 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by brunos
The space on the B/E Diamond seat (not Super Diamond) depends on the aircraft. The A330 (QR) seats are not good, especially the window seats.
And I am not aware that AF ever used B/E Diamond seats.
I’ve flown on this type of seat on QR as well as the KL 77W/772/747, AM 788, DL 757, and even on UA/CO 772s back in the day. Maybe I’m just not that observant, but never really could tell the difference between them in terms of comfort, except for the difference being in the front row/bulkhead makes (aesthetically and storage-wise they’re a bit different obviously). And AF uses them now on their 330s. Obviously they’re the worst widebody J seat for the most part on QR (with exceptions for the front row being better than the old 77W J imo), but still stick with my point that they’re in a different ballpark than any PE product.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by fender5787
I’ve flown on this type of seat on QR as well as the KL 77W/772/747, AM 788, DL 757, and even on UA/CO 772s back in the day. Maybe I’m just not that observant, but never really could tell the difference between them in terms of comfort, except for the difference being in the front row/bulkhead makes (aesthetically and storage-wise they’re a bit different obviously). And AF uses them now on their 330s. Obviously they’re the worst widebody J seat for the most part on QR (with exceptions for the front row being better than the old 77W J imo), but still stick with my point that they’re in a different ballpark than any PE product.
I fully agree with you that this is far better than any PE seat.
AF is not installing B/E Diamond seats on its A330 but Stelia Equinox 2D.
orbitmic and fender5787 like this.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 11:25 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by brunos
I fully agree with you that this is far better than any PE seat.
AF is not installing B/E Diamond seats on its A330 but Stelia Equinox 2D.
Hmm, so not gonna lie, I’m not familiar with the actual names of the models of the seats, and I haven’t flown an af 330 in ages, but from what the press releases show, it looks like a diamond seat?

https://corporate.airfrance.com/en/n...rd-airbus-a330

Edit: Gosh darn, you’re right. Based on the TPG review it is the Stelia seat, but fml, they do seem nearly identical to the diamond seat? Either way, you’re 100% correct!

https://thepointsguy.com/reviews/air...usiness-class/

Last edited by fender5787; Dec 8, 2019 at 2:18 pm
Old Jul 28, 2021, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I can’t believe this is still happening. It’s nothing short of lying to pax. The products are totally different. A private cabin that many book due to Covid and then an open plan biz seat that is nothing like what is advertised. Anyone try recently for compensation here? I think this is borderline cheating consumers!
pickledtink likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 6:54 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, BA Bronze, Ex-skywards Platnium
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I can’t believe this is still happening. It’s nothing short of lying to pax. The products are totally different. A private cabin that many book due to Covid and then an open plan biz seat that is nothing like what is advertised. Anyone try recently for compensation here? I think this is borderline cheating consumers!
From what I've heard, they only compensate/change dates or the route if the ticket that you bought was a "QSuites" ticket instead of just a "Business" ticket according to the tweet that's out there. The thing is, when buying a business class ticket with QR, they say that it's only "business" and not "QSuites" like this example below.

Agree that they've got to stop doing this. Maybe for some folks, going from a QSuites to a B/E superdiamond isn't that bad, but we can all agree that a last minute equipment change from QSuites to a 2-2-2 J class is basically a dreamcrusher.

Last edited by physicsdude; Jul 28, 2021 at 7:04 pm
Old Jul 28, 2021, 8:09 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Qsuites are not a separate class of service, and the type of hard product isn't guaranteed. Although it might be disappointing, QR is not due compensation.

They do have a policy of 1 free change if the equipment is changed from Qsuite to non-Qsuite.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 8:54 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, BA Bronze, Ex-skywards Platnium
Should've mention that I was quoting what QR told a friend when an equipment switch was made from QSuites -> 2-2-2 config. What you're saying does make sense I agree with it.

On a different note, compared to the past, more of the fleet have been retrofitted with QSuites, where 37 of 48 77W, 7 of 9 77L and 100% of 35K have it (789 all have the modified version). Having a longhaul flight with QR later this year, I personally wouldn't feel bad if it gets switched to a B/E superdiamond last minute.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 10:46 pm

deleted
Old Aug 9, 2021, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
So is it worth sending in a note? Have there been any experiences where people were compensated? Or don’t waste the time?
Old Aug 9, 2021, 2:01 pm

Programs: DIAMANTAIRE EXTRAORDINAIRE
May be something to do with the 13 ground a350 ?
Old Aug 9, 2021, 5:44 pm
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
If it makes anyone in a similar spot feel any better, I’d take the old 777 seat on ultra long haul over Q suite any day, and il be sad when they’re gone. Very comfortable .
flying_pig likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 8:18 pm

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by PxC
If it makes anyone in a similar spot feel any better, I’d take the old 777 seat on ultra long haul over Q suite any day, and il be sad when they’re gone. Very comfortable .
Agreed.

Seats 5E/D if you can get them alone is just pure bliss.

-A

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.