Which Credit card ?

Old Dec 9, 18, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Talking Which Credit card ?

Guys, I'm very new to this and I fly to Middleast quite often using Qatarairways and I would like to collect points as much as possible. I would like to know which credit card is the best to have for this airline as far as being easy to transfer points and get maximum point ? I would really really appreciate you guys.
Old Dec 10, 18, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by Pep Pasaji View Post
Guys, I'm very new to this and I fly to Middleast quite often using Qatarairways and I would like to collect points as much as possible. I would like to know which credit card is the best to have for this airline as far as being easy to transfer points and get maximum point ? I would really really appreciate you guys.
That's a very broad question, eligibility for almost all credit cards is based on the country of residency. That being said, QRPC is seriously limited in that regard, so you are usually better off with a credit card that has a more generic bonus scheme.
Old Dec 11, 18, 4:28 am

As makrom says, it is very dependent on the country where you live. In the USA many of the cards allow you to transfer directly to Qatar Airways.
Old Dec 16, 18, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sadiqhassan View Post
As makrom says, it is very dependent on the country where you live. In the USA many of the cards allow you to transfer directly to Qatar Airways.
I live in US. can you give some example? i've look at several credit cards. but i wanted to see which one is more beneficial and gives you more point. It would be great if someone can name few ? TIA
Old Dec 16, 18, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT; QR PLT; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by makrom View Post
That's a very broad question, ....
Exactly. And you'll also want to think about how you're most likely to use the points; as that affects which points program will be best for you.
Old Dec 17, 18, 12:41 am

Programs: EY Gold, QR Burgundy, WY Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by Pep Pasaji View Post
I live in US. can you give some example? i've look at several credit cards. but i wanted to see which one is more beneficial and gives you more point. It would be great if someone can name few ? TIA
With Citi Premier you can transfer your points/miles to several FFP, including QRPC, for sure with Indonesian card where I'm based but after a quick look on the web it seems to be the same in US.
https://hub.thankyou.com/tygr-web/pa...ansfer&cmp=nav
Old Dec 18, 18, 4:20 am

with the recent devaluations it's probably best to look for a credit card that can transfer to a oneworld partner if you're looking to book flights on Qatar
Old Dec 18, 18, 6:42 am

Programs: QR Silver, BA Silver, FB Silver
Originally Posted by sadiqhassan View Post
So far as I'm aware, the only US cards that allow you to transfer directly to Qatar Airways are the Citi Premier & Prestige cards. Qantas is the only other OW airline you can also transfer to with them.
Old Dec 18, 18, 9:56 am

Programs: EY Gold, QR Burgundy, WY Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by husseinbadr View Post
So far as I'm aware, the only US cards that allow you to transfer directly to Qatar Airways are the Citi Premier & Prestige cards. Qantas is the only other OW airline you can also transfer to with them.
And CX with Asia Miles
Old Dec 21, 18, 4:47 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I've had the citi thankyou premier for a couple of years - no hassles with transferring points over to QR, points usually credit within a couple of days of placing the order.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: