Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar sale looming...?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2018, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Qatar sale looming...?

Does anyone have any idea when Qatar might have a sale...? There was one around this time last year. Thanks...
Old Dec 8, 2018, 3:13 pm

Programs: BAEC
There are plenty of 'sales' as defined by QR marketing. But the pricing isn't what it used to be, and with a few exceptions is rarely worth getting excited about. The Sales threads in the stickies t the top of the forum page is the best place for this. Please note the instructions on each one, each has a specific purpose.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 6:10 pm

Programs: QR Plat
You have to love it when they have a sale and the "Promo" column, and the price is 10-25% higher than the next column with saver fare....

-A
Old Dec 8, 2018, 11:51 pm

There are frequent email sales every few weeks but i wouldnt call them sales anyway
Abyssin likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 3:37 am
Original Poster

I'm specifically looking for the one which they did this time last year, where if you bought two seats in Business it was much cheaper. There were also seats from Stockholm - my preferred departure airport - for £1350 this time last year. Add a grand now!!
Maybe tomorrow will be the day to pounce...
Old Dec 9, 2018, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by MixalisK.
There are frequent email sales every few weeks but i wouldnt call them sales anyway
my latest email touting a "sale" was just the usual "up to x% off" meh fares in Y or J. I guess this misleading type of marketing must work - tell someone it's a sale and the'll rush in believing it's a sale.

Absolutely nothing new: if chasing low fares, you best look at other operators. OmanAir consistently offers much better value, though it's an awkward FFP arrangementt.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 4:10 am
Original Poster

has to be OneWorld...
Old Dec 9, 2018, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by shubbymanila
I'm specifically looking for the one which they did this time last year, where if you bought two seats in Business it was much cheaper. There were also seats from Stockholm - my preferred departure airport - for £1350 this time last year. Add a grand now!!
Maybe tomorrow will be the day to pounce...
You sure it was before Christmas? The only noteworthy sale I remember started around New Year's Day, other than that it was just some singular routes every now and then.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 4:33 am

Programs: Not stuck with an Alliance anymore, Star gold, OW Saph
Received a mail yesterday with sales fare in J ......result same price as usual under promo they have just increase the normal one .......
Old Dec 12, 2018, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by Abyssin
Received a mail yesterday with sales fare in J ......result same price as usual under promo they have just increase the normal one .......
...which is illegal.
Abyssin likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 5:38 am

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Originally Posted by PAL62V

...which is illegal.
Which they don't care about
PAL62V, NoY, nilsfr69 and 3 others like this.

Last edited by msm2000uk; Dec 12, 2018 at 6:10 am Reason: Hidden swearing
Old Dec 12, 2018, 7:03 am

Programs: QR Plat (ret)
Cry wolf

Stopped checking their cry wolf "sales" sometime ago. Just a weird experience to find their "sale fares" 50% higher than my new main carriers..
Old Dec 12, 2018, 12:10 pm

I've been waiting for decent SIN flights but I might just commit to BA with upgradable to First seats.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
I think that QR is trying to put the best face it can on things. My prediction is that the next "great" sale we'll see will be some type of "We're Back!!" sale when the boycott ends.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Bring
Stopped checking their cry wolf "sales" sometime ago. Just a weird experience to find their "sale fares" 50% higher than my new main carriers..
I'm just slightly baffled at the strategy. Stuck in a marketing time warp.

I guess it pulls in the odd gullible punter, though you'd think its effectiveness would soften with each outing.
And at the same time it pisses off an awful lot of others.
dutch_122 and Richard Bell like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.