FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qatar Airways | Privilege Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club-644/)
-   -   Qatar sale looming...? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/1944727-qatar-sale-looming.html)

shubbymanila Dec 8, 2018 2:35 pm

Qatar sale looming...?

Does anyone have any idea when Qatar might have a sale...? There was one around this time last year. Thanks...

plunet Dec 8, 2018 3:13 pm

There are plenty of 'sales' as defined by QR marketing. But the pricing isn't what it used to be, and with a few exceptions is rarely worth getting excited about. The Sales threads in the stickies t the top of the forum page is the best place for this. Please note the instructions on each one, each has a specific purpose.

ph-ndr Dec 8, 2018 6:10 pm

You have to love it when they have a sale and the "Promo" column, and the price is 10-25% higher than the next column with saver fare....

-A

MixalisK. Dec 8, 2018 11:51 pm

There are frequent email sales every few weeks but i wouldnt call them sales anyway

shubbymanila Dec 9, 2018 3:37 am

I'm specifically looking for the one which they did this time last year, where if you bought two seats in Business it was much cheaper. There were also seats from Stockholm - my preferred departure airport - for £1350 this time last year. Add a grand now!!
Maybe tomorrow will be the day to pounce...

IAN-UK Dec 9, 2018 3:48 am

Originally Posted by MixalisK. (Post 30514702)
There are frequent email sales every few weeks but i wouldnt call them sales anyway

my latest email touting a "sale" was just the usual "up to x% off" meh fares in Y or J. I guess this misleading type of marketing must work - tell someone it's a sale and the'll rush in believing it's a sale.

Absolutely nothing new: if chasing low fares, you best look at other operators. OmanAir consistently offers much better value, though it's an awkward FFP arrangementt.

shubbymanila Dec 9, 2018 4:10 am

has to be OneWorld...

makrom Dec 9, 2018 10:22 am

Originally Posted by shubbymanila (Post 30514968)
I'm specifically looking for the one which they did this time last year, where if you bought two seats in Business it was much cheaper. There were also seats from Stockholm - my preferred departure airport - for £1350 this time last year. Add a grand now!!
Maybe tomorrow will be the day to pounce...

You sure it was before Christmas? The only noteworthy sale I remember started around New Year's Day, other than that it was just some singular routes every now and then.

Abyssin Dec 12, 2018 4:33 am

Received a mail yesterday with sales fare in J ......result same price as usual under promo they have just increase the normal one .......

PAL62V Dec 12, 2018 5:15 am

Originally Posted by Abyssin (Post 30526440)
Received a mail yesterday with sales fare in J ......result same price as usual under promo they have just increase the normal one .......

...which is illegal.

Alfredbali Dec 12, 2018 5:38 am

Originally Posted by PAL62V (Post 30526527)

...which is illegal.

Which they don't care about

Bring Dec 12, 2018 7:03 am

Cry wolf

Stopped checking their cry wolf "sales" sometime ago. Just a weird experience to find their "sale fares" 50% higher than my new main carriers..

eugegall Dec 12, 2018 12:10 pm

I've been waiting for decent SIN flights but I might just commit to BA with upgradable to First seats.

Dr. HFH Dec 12, 2018 7:43 pm

I think that QR is trying to put the best face it can on things. My prediction is that the next "great" sale we'll see will be some type of "We're Back!!" sale when the boycott ends.

IAN-UK Dec 13, 2018 2:24 am

Originally Posted by Bring (Post 30526836)
Stopped checking their cry wolf "sales" sometime ago. Just a weird experience to find their "sale fares" 50% higher than my new main carriers..

I'm just slightly baffled at the strategy. Stuck in a marketing time warp.

I guess it pulls in the odd gullible punter, though you'd think its effectiveness would soften with each outing.
And at the same time it pisses off an awful lot of others.

SullyofDoha Dec 13, 2018 8:13 pm

Even worse is when they have ‘enter to win’ promos, like its a lottery. FFS, reward my loyalty, is that so hard to understand???