Qatar Airways: Best Price Guarantee

Old Nov 26, 2018, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Qatar Airways: Best Price Guarantee

Guarantee the lowest Qatar Airways online fare by booking your next flight from selected countries on qatarairways.com. If at the same time of your ticket purchase on qatarairways.com, you find a lower published Qatar Airways fare per person, either in Economy Class or Business Class, then we will match the price.

In order to qualify for the Best Price Guarantee, the original itinerary must be purchased through qatarairways.com for travel on Qatar Airways first, and the lower price must be quoted within one hour of your ticket purchase on any online website with the exact same Qatar Airways flight, date, itinerary, cabin*, booking class*, fare rules and restrictions.

Note that any claim for an online fare difference must match or be higher than the amount specified in the table below, in the local currency of the country.

Refer to our FAQs for any inquiries. Terms & conditions apply.

*Cabin is defined as Economy or Business Class. Booking class is identified by a letter (e.g. N, T, O, R) which confirms the specific inventory class within the Economy or Business Class cabin, applicable for the fare selected.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 5:32 pm

Good luck with that......
Old Nov 27, 2018, 5:16 am

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Originally Posted by Croupier
Good luck with that......
Agree 100%, after this year's betrayal of QRPC members, i wouldn't trust Qatar Airways to keep its word regarding this best price guarantee.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by areg
with the exact same [...] fare rules and restrictions
How clever they are...
So every dot in the fine print can be used an excuse to decline claims. Never booked QR using an OTA, but I know with many other airlines that there often are slight diversions.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 4:55 am
R2

This is such a useless guarantee...say you find a lower fare somewhere with exactly the same details and conditions. You then need to purchase your ticket at QR.com at the same time that lower fare is available on another website.

Then you're facing the big hurdle; you need to be able to contact someone at QR who knows of this price guarantee and is able and authorised to help you. You then need to prove to this person in minute detail that this other fare you saw had exactly the same terms & conditions as the higher fare you purchased on QR's website.

Then if you manage to achieve all of this, they will (undoubtably) after weeks of waiting re-imburse the fare difference. Not a penny more. Most hotel Best Rate Guarantees at least give you another 10% or a free upgrade or something a bit extra.

What's the incentive here? Why on earth would anybody go through all that trouble just to get the same fare he could have bought elsewhere in the first place?

This is just a big marketing scam to make people believe they get the best fare directly on QR's website when in reality more often than not it's not the case.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 5:12 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by makrom
How clever they are...
So every dot in the fine print can be used an excuse to decline claims. Never booked QR using an OTA, but I know with many other airlines that there often are slight diversions.
Originally Posted by R2
This is such a useless guarantee...say you find a lower fare somewhere with exactly the same details and conditions. You then need to purchase your ticket at QR.com at the same time that lower fare is available on another website.

Then you're facing the big hurdle; you need to be able to contact someone at QR who knows of this price guarantee and is able and authorised to help you. You then need to prove to this person in minute detail that this other fare you saw had exactly the same terms & conditions as the higher fare you purchased on QR's website.

Then if you manage to achieve all of this, they will (undoubtably) after weeks of waiting re-imburse the fare difference. Not a penny more. Most hotel Best Rate Guarantees at least give you another 10% or a free upgrade or something a bit extra.

What's the incentive here? Why on earth would anybody go through all that trouble just to get the same fare he could have bought elsewhere in the first place?

This is just a big marketing scam to make people believe they get the best fare directly on QR's website when in reality more often than not it's not the case.
Pretty much how it works with every airline
Old Nov 28, 2018, 7:39 am

The biggest problem with this best price guarantee is BOOKING CLASS. Very little number of OTAs have this "letter" showing when you do the booking, and that's the catch. I remember I was doing this best price guarantee claim about a half year ago - found good price with OTA, made screenshots, then bought tickets with Qatar. Then sent it all to Qatar email, and a few days later got refused, saying that BOOKING CLASS letter is missing. Took me a good amount of time and efforts, but in the end I've managed to get a refund - not much, something about 120 for 2 tickets in Y.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 8:17 am

Programs: QR Plat
I have a bridge to sell someone...

-A
Old Nov 29, 2018, 1:35 pm

Programs: BAEC, VS FC, LH M&M, ANA Mileage Club
Qatar Best Price Guarantee Fail

Just had a response approx 48 hours after booking - as I sort of expected, the claim was rejected:

Having carefully reviewed the details of your claim, we are unable to approve your claim as the screenshot sent with alternative quote from booking site www.statravel.co.uk

is an open jaw booking, meaning originating from one airport and returning into another , which is restricted under the terms and conditions for our Best Price Guarantee program, available here
The fare in question was outward LGW-BKK and return BKK-LHR

It was an economy fare which was only 30 or so cheaper on the alternative site - so not a terrible loss - but nevertheless a disappointing first experience with QR!
Old Dec 5, 2018, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by rewardingtrips
Just had a response approx 48 hours after booking - as I sort of expected, the claim was rejected:

The fare in question was outward LGW-BKK and return BKK-LHR

It was an economy fare which was only 30 or so cheaper on the alternative site - so not a terrible loss - but nevertheless a disappointing first experience with QR!
Disappointment requires expectations
To be fair, if they exclude OJ bookings, I think a rejection is justified. But I wonder why LON-BKK-LON can even get treated like an OJ. In contrast, for BA, these are regular RT routings.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 7:33 am

As someone who has never bought tickets anywhere else except the airline's own web site, do you still get mileage points or are they forfeited?
Old Dec 9, 2018, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by Lizie
As someone who has never bought tickets anywhere else except the airline's own web site, do you still get mileage points or are they forfeited?
You get miles and points regardless of through which channel you bought the tickets. Some OTA make your life a bit harder, charging extra for entering FF#, but you can always add it later with the airline once the tickets are under their administration (I think the norm is 48h before departure, but don't quote me on that).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.