Search

Hows My Deal?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2018, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Hows My Deal?

Evening!

My wife and I have been waiting for Black Friday to see if any decent QR deals come up to SIN.

I have just reserved two tickets from Sofia to Doha - Doha to Singapore and back the same route for 72 hours so we can cancel if anything decent pops up.

We have paid £1350 each for this return. We've never flown with QR. Are we likely to better this over the weekend with different routing/price?

As it stands the first flight is A320 and second is stating QSuite A350-1000. Same in reverse.

Thank you in advance.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 2:31 am

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by eugegall
Evening!

My wife and I have been waiting for Black Friday to see if any decent QR deals come up to SIN.

I have just reserved two tickets from Sofia to Doha - Doha to Singapore and back the same route for 72 hours so we can cancel if anything decent pops up.

We have paid £1350 each for this return. We've never flown with QR. Are we likely to better this over the weekend with different routing/price?

As it stands the first flight is A320 and second is stating QSuite A350-1000. Same in reverse.

Thank you in advance.
Looks like a brilliant price to me for a return in J on Qatar (since you state Q-Suite). Indeed the A320 business class is not brilliant, but the Q-Suite on A35K will make up for that.
eugegall likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 2:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by quinzinho
Looks like a brilliant price to me for a return in J on Qatar (since you state Q-Suite). Indeed the A320 business class is not brilliant, but the Q-Suite on A35K will make up for that.
Thank you very much!

Do we know If all A350 will be converted to Q Suite by September next year?

Thank you.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 3:08 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Evening!

Thank you in advance.
I would suggest you:

1) Cancel you reservation
2) Join the QR Privilege Club Programme
3) Re-book the same tickets by making use of the 4 x Qmiles Promo (for Biz tickets) they have just released as part of the Black Friday Promo
Old Nov 23, 2018, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'd keep to BAEC as I know the OP is collecting TPs
Old Nov 23, 2018, 4:23 am

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
Thank you very much!

Do we know If all A350 will be converted to Q Suite by September next year?

Thank you.
It's not going that fast I believe. But Singapore is a Q-suite route so you should be good, although no guarantees due to infamous plane swaps.
eugegall likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 6:46 am

It's not going that fast I believe. But Singapore is a Q-suite route so you should be good, although no guarantees due to infamous plane swaps.
Is it even planned that all A350 get converted?
purple1addict likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by makrom

Is it even planned that all A350 get converted?
Yes all 777, A350 will be converted. For 787 they were/are working on a special design due to the more narrow aircraft body.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 11:57 am

Yes all 777, A350 will be converted. For 787 they were/are working on a special design due to the more narrow aircraft body.
Do you remember where you picked up that they plan to convert existing A359? Last thing I heard was that they plan to convert all 777 and put Qsuites on new 359, 351 and 777X while they are working on a different version for 789 but weren't sure whether it will be ready for the first deliveries. As for 788 and A380, they were just talking about ambitions for a redesign, but didn't announce any plans. But that was quite some time ago, so it's quite possible that this info is outdated.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 2:02 pm

makrom if you look at the Wiki on q-suite-new-business-class. you will see that all 777's and 350's will have Q-suites. Look at the first 150 or so posts on that thread you will find several links to QR statements to that effect.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by remdk
makrom if you look at the Wiki on q-suite-new-business-class. you will see that all 777's and 350's will have Q-suites. Look at the first 150 or so posts on that thread you will find several links to QR statements to that effect.
Fair enough, I don't ask you guys to do my homework
Maybe I'll dig through that thread to find that. But so far it looks like the conversion of 359 hasn't started yet.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by makrom
Fair enough, I don't ask you guys to do my homework
Maybe I'll dig through that thread to find that. But so far it looks like the conversion of 359 hasn't started yet.
Again, that is incorrect. It has started and in the Q-Suite thread you can see various examples of A359 plane registrations which have been converted.
msm2000uk likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 11:31 pm

Just one note, you might get the regional reclining seat on A320 from Sofia. This year I flew two return flights on QR between Europe and Doha on A320 (Budapest and Sarajevo). On all 4 flights I had the regional business class. The flights from Sarajevo didn’t even have IFE, only ipads with extremely limited contend.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 1:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Karol100
Just one note, you might get the regional reclining seat on A320 from Sofia. This year I flew two return flights on QR between Europe and Doha on A320 (Budapest and Sarajevo). On all 4 flights I had the regional business class. The flights from Sarajevo didn’t even have IFE, only ipads with extremely limited contend.
Thats a very good point. I've just googled it and yes I hadn't realised there are two configurations. Its almost a 5 hours flight so would they really put an older one on for this length do you think? Might explain the price though?
Old Nov 24, 2018, 1:44 am
Original Poster

I can go via OSL for an extra £200 each. Would that be worth the extra?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.