Wiki Posts
Search

Missing bag at DOH

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2018, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Missing bag at DOH

Hi everyone, looking for some advice.

My parents are flying to Sydney and transiting through Doha this evening. My mum phoned me in tears saying her hand bag has gone missing at security from when she put it on the belt to coming out the other side.

After asking the security staff, they checked the cctv and said that she didn’t put a bag on the belt but she is adamant that she did, but they wouldn’t let her see the cctv herself and now thinks that the staff took the bag.

Having never flown through DOH myself, I don’t know what it’s like there, but having searched the forum and online, I can’t see anything to suggest anything like this is common here or am I wrong?

Ive tried contacting the airport direct to see if maybe someone picked up the bag by mistake so will see if that throws anything up.

If there are any ideas of anything else I could try, I’d appreciate it.

Thanks
Old Oct 30, 2018, 2:53 pm
Suspended

All I can say is that unfortunately, most of your attempts to deal with the issue will be met with complete incompetence, which seems to be how they do things on the ground in Qatar. Most low-level expat workers are clueless, most Qatari workers are lazy. I doubt the security staff would steal the bag though given the kind of punishment they would get for it. Best bet would be to try to somehow escalate this through QR's lost and found and see if they can track the bag through the airport (maybe she left it on the plane?)
Old Oct 30, 2018, 3:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by ScottEdin
Having never flown through DOH myself, I don’t know what it’s like there, but having searched the forum and online, I can’t see anything to suggest anything like this is common here
In my extensive experience of transiting DOH I would say that’s a fair summary.

Depending on the time of day transit security can get extremely busy; there is always the possibility that another passenger - deliberately or accidentally - picked up your mother’s hand bag. I am truly sorry to read of this incident; I can imagine how distressing it must be for your mother.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.