Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Punctuality/Delay of flights for QR874, DOH-CAN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2018, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Recently, I am looking at punctuality for flights from DOH to CAN using FR24
I see that QR874 DOH-CAN is regularly delay.
Sometimes QR awaits for the A380 aircraft from PER-DOH or SYD-DOH to turn around; i.e. the PER/SYD - DOH flights lands at 5am-ish and DOH-CAN departs at 7am-ish
finally, the aircraft lands CAN with a 4-hour delay.

Question: is QR874 a flight which regularly delay for 4-5 hours?

I am not sure if you guys know well about the AY99 problem (HEL-HKG), thanks to insufficient number of aircrafts of A350 in AY,
Awaiting for AY100 or AY132 from HKG/SIN for the turnaround at HEL, then operate AY99 (Delayed) to HKG
AY99 experience delays for 7-8 hours from 23:45-ish to 7am-ish, then arrival to HKG is a 7-8 hours delay, then immediately turnaround back to HEL for AY100.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Are there any experts regarding this matter?
Who have taken QR874 but then experienced a severe delay for 4-5 hours in the past years?

I have observed the same flight on 27th 28th and 29th Oct, QR874 of all 3 days delayed for 3-5 hours.
I am indeed quite shocked.
my destination does not end in CAN but need to take further transportation, so I am thinking what time shall I book for the connecting transport on the ground.

Thank you for all your advice and help
Old Oct 28, 2018, 6:40 pm

Flightstats can also help here: https://www.flightstats.com/v2/fligh...ing/QR/874/DOH

As can Flightaware’s historical data:
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/QTR874

Overall, it looks like the flight is regularly ~60 minutes delayed, with a significant number of flights delayed even further.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 7:46 pm

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
Originally Posted by cheung.chunyuenc
Are there any experts regarding this matter?
Who have taken QR874 but then experienced a severe delay for 4-5 hours in the past years?

I have observed the same flight on 27th 28th and 29th Oct, QR874 of all 3 days delayed for 3-5 hours.
I am indeed quite shocked.
my destination does not end in CAN but need to take further transportation, so I am thinking what time shall I book for the connecting transport on the ground.

Thank you for all your advice and help
I'm taking this flight in January and luckily my following flight is 7 hours later. I had not seen these delays..
Old Oct 29, 2018, 1:46 pm

Programs: BAEC
All my limited personal experience of QR and also from following the forum, it does strive to be on time and generally achieves it usually. I wonder whether the delays for CAN are China ATC related (I've not looked at any detail...)
Old Oct 29, 2018, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for all your advice

solely based on aircraft rotation in the past few days, QR874 did wait for the rotation from other A380 destinations such as PER, SYD, MEL etc.
China has serious ATC, it is well known, but holding an international Qatar flight, it is less likely. Most domestic and regional flights are affected by ATC but not continental / international flights.

Perhaps If there are any experts towards A380 rotations of QR, I would like to hear from you.
My bet is related to insufficient A380 aircrafts. However, I did not look into all journeys and records of all QR A380 aircrafts.

I am still thinking what time shall I book for the ground transportation at CAN.
I hope I would be lucky in 2 months time.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 4:53 pm

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
I booked my family's ground transportation at CAN via Amex travel. That way we'll be covered in case of the dalay (and they'll let the transport know if there is indeed delay).

BTW, How's your flight in terms of load? I'm the only person booked in J (F is empty) and there are only about 7 pax booked in eco. The flight is very early January. Maybe they'll change equipment?
Old Oct 29, 2018, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tuchop
I booked my family's ground transportation at CAN via Amex travel. That way we'll be covered in case of the dalay (and they'll let the transport know if there is indeed delay).

BTW, How's your flight in terms of load? I'm the only person booked in J (F is empty) and there are only about 7 pax booked in eco. The flight is very early January. Maybe they'll change equipment?
my flight will be on Dec 28 2018,
F P A - 8
J C D I - 9
Y B H K M L V S N - 9

loading seems very light,
But I am not sure how to check the exact number of seats sold
hopefully I will be lucky by there
tuchop likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.