Whats the Champagne on QR these days?

Old Feb 18, 2019, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
Anyone got a sense of what is on offer in terms of champagne, and red and white wines, in Al Safwa currently?
About 1 week ago...

Old Feb 18, 2019, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by ph-ndr
Don't underestimate Lallier, it's vile.

-A
I thought Lallier was fine. Vibrant and balanced. Complete step up from Pommery. I know I am in the minority.

For what it is worth, I have WSET Advanced certificate in wine.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by simpletastes
I thought Lallier was fine. Vibrant and balanced. Complete step up from Pommery. I know I am in the minority.

if theres one thing ive appreciated in my time in the industry, fizz is THE most personal product in wine. Its amazing how tastes vary from people with great knowledge or those without. I cannot stand Veuve for example, id rather drink all sorts at half the price, but its not a bad product, just a style that makes me want to poke myself in the eye. Roederer NV, Bolly or Jacqusson far far better, but many colleague disagree. Not tried this Lallier, though im intrigued.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by Gus McLean

if theres one thing ive appreciated in my time in the industry, fizz is THE most personal product in wine. Its amazing how tastes vary from people with great knowledge or those without. I cannot stand Veuve for example, id rather drink all sorts at half the price, but its not a bad product, just a style that makes me want to poke myself in the eye. Roederer NV, Bolly or Jacqusson far far better, but many colleague disagree. Not tried this Lallier, though im intrigued.
My taste in champagne matches yours. Do you like Delamotte? House champagne of my club.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 7:24 am

My taste in champagne matches yours. Do you like Delamotte? House champagne of my club.
Very much so, lovely fizz. Still do have a soft spot for the better English fizz too. Ridgeview Blanc de Noirs in particular. Love a Pinot heavy fizz...anyhow....off topic!
simpletastes likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 11:48 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Haven't had neither the Atair nor the Lallier, but was told by family (who flew last week), that the Lallier was horrid, though the Atair is marginally drinkable. That said, the previous Ros, the Drappier, I actually found to be rather drinkable, and much better than the Lanson Ros.

Would really love it if QR served Louis Roederer though.

Though that said, quite a few airlines serve crap bubbles in J these days, from CX with their horrid Piper NV. Surprising given how Lounges now sometimes serve better champagne.
simpletastes likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 4:44 pm

Good reviews and awards for Lallier
https://www.vinatis.co.uk/9682-champagne-lallier-grande-reserve-grand-cru

When Pommery and Atair Rose were both offered, I liked the latter and thought it was a notable step up from the former

Do you think they will have to raise their prices materially if they served Bollinger and brought back the BRICs amenity kits? Or, better still, offer Rimowa kits? Those two simple steps will undoubtedly einforce their business class product as market leading.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 5:39 pm

Programs: Amex Plat
Guys, I do agree with what you say above. Lallier was fine and quite drinkable on board, while Atair Etoile Rose was far worse. It's also true that I didn't find VCL GDame to be very good, I would rather drink LR Cristal all day long.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 6:38 pm

Programs: SAS EuroBonus Gold, Qatar Privilege Club Gold
I think the LP is rather really good, didn't try the new Champagne though.....
Old Feb 20, 2019, 4:18 am

Programs: QR Plat

I have no reason to doubt this, the thread shows that there are very personal views on this champagne. I only base my tastes on what I've tried over the too many years, but that also means that I'd for example take the Bollinger in the BKK lounge over the Krug served in first (I find the Krug mostly too acidic for my taste), and in the same I found the Lallies to hit some notes that for me just connects up with a few synapses doing the conga line and telling me this is not what I like. I couldn't really tell you what those notes are close in taste to, but the Lalliers has a few of them.
I've even had some Dom that I find too sweet and would still find this Bollinger to be more refreshing.

I can't claim to be a wine snob,I like what I like, but between the Lallier and the old Mosaique they pushed after stopping it in Y, you have my gymsock two-fecta. I wouldn't cook sauce on them.

-A

PS: Now, lets discuss oolong teas, I'm a total snob there.
clubeurope likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 3:51 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
About 1 week ago...

On what flight did you get that wine list without picture and a misspelled Veuve Clicquot ?
Old Feb 21, 2019, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4

On what flight did you get that wine list without picture and a misspelled Veuve Clicquot ?
this would be Al Safwa
Old Apr 26, 2019, 7:23 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
New ros champagne

A return to Taittinger for the ros it seems:

Jed and clubeurope like this.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by purple1addict
A return to Taittinger for the ros it seems:

was this in F or J?
Old Apr 27, 2019, 9:49 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
The Taittinger was in J last week.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.