Wiki Posts
Search

BUD Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2018, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA gold, Hilton Diamond
BUD Lounge

am Flying BUD-DOH on Thursday, flight is leaving at 11pm. According to QR website, they use the "Platinum lounge" in BUD, however, it seems to close at 8:30pm.
Are there any other options after 8:30 (besides sitting in the terminal) for QR premium passengers?

thanks
Old Oct 15, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
I’m sorry, I can’t help you with your opening hours query, but having visited the lounge three weeks ago today (for a BA BUD LHR flight) I can report that it’s nothing to get too excited about.

My refreshments consisted of a bowl of soup, a bag of crisps and a gin and tonic (I spent three minutes looking for bottles of tonic only to realise it is obtainable from the drinks dispenser).
stijnec likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 1:58 am

Agree, not too exciting as a lounge. Was there twice last month, flying QR they weren’t initially going to let us in as had mobile BPs and no lounge invite but after asking if they seriously required us to go back through passport control to get one they let us in anyway. Flying BA on the delayed last flight home a few days later they said no lounge invite needed and didn’t ask us to leave at 8.30pm (we were there til 8.45ish).

My recollection is amusement at the staff putting out two or three family pack size of crisps which were seized upon in a flash. Replenished every 30 mins or so. Plus it being very busy and the polite requests ‘is this seat taken’ to a guy whose bag was entitled to a spare seat when people were standing.

Old Oct 18, 2018, 7:32 am

Programs: QR PC Gold, Skyteam
Originally Posted by stijnec
am Flying BUD-DOH on Thursday, flight is leaving at 11pm. According to QR website, they use the "Platinum lounge" in BUD, however, it seems to close at 8:30pm.
Are there any other options after 8:30 (besides sitting in the terminal) for QR premium passengers?

thanks
Hi, the lounge stays open until the boarding of QR flight starts. However, as stated, nothing to write home about!
Old Oct 18, 2018, 7:35 am

Programs: AA PPro, 1MM
It's basically just "the lounge" at BUD that's used by all premium passengers (and priority pass). It's small, with not much in it, and crowded, as many on the thread have noted.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA gold, Hilton Diamond
Thanks all! Will be “enjoying” the lounge tonight, but the idea of upcoming flights in QR J to the Maldives will surely comfort me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.