Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QCredits on flights marked Q2 Flexi

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2018, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

QCredits on flights marked Q2 Flexi

anybody knows if possible or already did upgrade a flight marked as Q2, which requires u to spend double the miles for upgrade, using QCredits?

is this possible on such Q2 flights? will QR ask for double the amount of QCredits to upgrade?

still have 40 QC expiring soon in my account and would like to make some use out of it. considering upgrading DOH-SIN or DOH-SYD requiring 33QC or 39QC. but if double the amount will be required im lost!
Old Oct 9, 2018, 5:29 pm

Unless they changed something recently, there is only one upgrade price, and as far as I can tell, availability is identical to regular award availability. Therefore Q2 award availability means no upgrades.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 11:20 am
RY7

Originally Posted by fgw_
anybody knows if possible or already did upgrade a flight marked as Q2, which requires u to spend double the miles for upgrade, using QCredits?

is this possible on such Q2 flights? will QR ask for double the amount of QCredits to upgrade?

still have 40 QC expiring soon in my account and would like to make some use out of it. considering upgrading DOH-SIN or DOH-SYD requiring 33QC or 39QC. but if double the amount will be required im lost!
You can try to upgrade at the airport
Old Oct 16, 2018, 1:00 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by RY7
You can try to upgrade at the airport
Has anyone had any experience of upgrading an economy ticket at the airport when award availability is Q2? Are you charged twice as many qmiles as a normal redemption if upgrading at the airport for Q2? Been looking at getting away at Christmas but can't find any good offers in J class and all award availability is Q2 obviously for this time of the year.

Last edited by A380PM; Oct 16, 2018 at 1:21 pm
Old Oct 16, 2018, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by A380PM
Has anyone had any experience of upgrading a Q2 flexi at the airport? Are you charged twice as many qmiles as a normal redemption if upgrading at the airport for Q2? Been looking at getting away at Christmas but can't find any good offers in J class and all award availability is Q2 obviously for this time of the year.
Awards aren't upgradeable, I think this includes Q2 awards.
A380PM likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by makrom
Awards aren't upgradeable, I think this includes Q2 awards.

Sorry. I meant upgrading an economy ticket. I know you can use the award availability to check for upgrade availability. If it's Q2, is there any chance I will be able to upgrade to business from economy at the airport and will I be charged double the qmiles?
Old Oct 16, 2018, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by A380PM
Sorry. I meant upgrading an economy ticket. I know you can use the award availability to check for upgrade availability. If it's Q2, is there any chance I will be able to upgrade to business from economy at the airport and will I be charged double the qmiles?
No, it's either regular price or nothing. But keep in mind that online award availability isn't directly related to airport upgrade availability.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by makrom
No, it's either regular price or nothing. But keep in mind that online award availability isn't directly related to airport upgrade availability.
Thanks for the help 😊

Might wait and see for the next few weeks and if nothing exciting will take a chance with the economy ticket. Last year I got a decent fare from OSL to BKK 17 December to 1 January for £1450. Cheapest to Asia ex Europe seems to be OSL to SIN for £1750 around the Christmas period.
​​​​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.