Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

How do I know if there's qmiles availability?

Old Oct 7, 2018, 3:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: Centurion, VS Gold, BA Gold

I tried getting a one-way BKK-LON flight for 31 October on qatarairways.com. Seeing cash availability is no problem but as soon as I click the Qmiles button, it crashed. So I called Qmiles line and they said "you must be using a Mac. Try a PC.".

So I asked them if they could tell me qmiles availability or book the ticket for me and they said "No. The only way is via the website." Unbelievable.

So just now I tried with a PC - same error.

QA is SO FRUSTRATING! The hard product is excellent but customer service when you're not on a plane is the worst ever.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 3:41 am

Programs: QR Platinum
No problem on my PC (Windows 7) or my App on phone. Maybe something wrong with your PC if it still not work. But for now, there is only economy award available and Q2 award for business or First what you are not interested for sure.

Old Oct 7, 2018, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Centurion, VS Gold, BA Gold
Thank you for being super-helpful

It still doesn't work for me on 2 Macs or 1 PC but I used the app and it works. So weird that they won't book a flight using Qmiles over the phone.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 10:22 am

Programs: QR Gold, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Taj Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by razflyer

It still doesn't work for me on 2 Macs or 1 PC but I used the app and it works. So weird that they won't book a flight using Qmiles over the phone.
Can't be a mac issue as I have been using this function for the past week trying to scout out J award availability for some sectors. Do you have an ad-blocker or content blocker installed? I find disabling that sometimes helps.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 10:31 am

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold

Yes, Qatar Airways will absolutely refuse to book or amend award tickets on the phone, even through gold/platinum "priority" call center, making Qatar Airways Priority Club the less user friendly frequent flyer program in the industry.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 6:33 pm

Did something actually crash, like your browser or operating system? Or was it some server error instead? In the latter case, it is unlikely that the problem is related to your client computer.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.