Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emerald greetings - who gets them?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2018, 12:17 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
I am almost always acknowledged on QR flights as well as Cathay Pacific and Sri Lankan. Strangely, Cathay Dragon never said anything. Also, never on BA, Nor Malaysia Airlines.
As a side note, I am so disenchanted with QR and the Privilege Club Points Massacre that I currently have no future booked flights with them.
NoY and GalaxyChris like this.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 3:42 am

No acknowledgement at all, live in Doha, OWS OWE at varying points. qantas, acknowledged every time, and occasionally, a glass of wine or bowl of soup from J. CSM who knew me (PER-SYD flights every 3 weeks for 3 yrs) even saved me a cheese plate once. CX, greetings all the time. BA once only. AA, once only in J. AA in Y don't even know their service stds, (who gets a free drink etc), let alone greetings. Oh srilankan in J - nada and have flown them multiple times in last two yrs in only J.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 5:04 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
I am almost always acknowledged on QR flights as well as Cathay Pacific and Sri Lankan. Strangely, Cathay Dragon never said anything. Also, never on BA, Nor Malaysia Airlines.
As a side note, I am so disenchanted with QR and the Privilege Club Points Massacre that I currently have no future booked flights with them.
who are you current flights booked with?

on topic. I have been acknowledged on all but one flight, even as a silver.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
I've pretty much terminated my use of QRPC, too. Remember, though, don't let your miles become orphaned.
Alfredbali likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
who are you current flights booked with?

on topic. I have been acknowledged on all but one flight, even as a silver.
I’ve been flying Oman Air, Sri Lankan, Malaysia and BA.
However, that doesn’t mean I will never fly QR, it just means I look at other options first rather than being singularly loyal to QR.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 5:43 am

I’ve been flying Oman Air, Sri Lankan, Malaysia and BA.
However, that doesn’t mean I will never fly QR, it just means I look at other options first rather than being singularly loyal to QR.
are Oman good to fly with? Their Lounge in BKK is nice. I might bite the bullet and bag a cheaper AMS to BKK return with BA but I have to position myself in AMS first.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 7:35 am

are Oman good to fly with? Their Lounge in BKK is nice. I might bite the bullet and bag a cheaper AMS to BKK return with BA but I have to position myself in AMS first.
Yes they are quite nice. Their Apex suite falls behind the Qsuite, but all their C seats are quite nice. Food and service is good to, so is the lounge in MCT. For my routes, the timings often make WY unattractive but if you get good offers and the flight timing works for you, I wouldn't hesitate booking them. Only real caveat are the seriously limited FFP options. Of course QRPC sucks too but being able to credit to other Oneworld programs goes a long way.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by makrom
Yes they are quite nice. Their Apex suite falls behind the Qsuite, but all their C seats are quite nice. Food and service is good to, so is the lounge in MCT. For my routes, the timings often make WY unattractive but if you get good offers and the flight timing works for you, I wouldn't hesitate booking them. Only real caveat are the seriously limited FFP options. Of course QRPC sucks too but being able to credit to other Oneworld programs goes a long way.
Thanks. I have sen the lounge at Muscat and it does look nice. I have only used the plaza premium lounge next door when flying Qatar, which in fairness is also good. It's a pity re FFP options on Oman..
Old Oct 5, 2018, 9:17 am

It's a pity re FFP options on Oman..
It is indeed. But at the end of the day, status is almost worthless when flying business class and miles are always an equivalent for money. So when the savings are big enough, it's still worth it. At least you can credit to EY which is slightly less isolated than WY. But I wouldn't exactly call it my favorite FFP either.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Oman is lovely to fly with. Seeb is an attractive airport; and Muscat is, by a very long way, the nicest city the region.

The niggle, of course, is the FFP. But when fares are, errrr, accessible ... go for it!
Old Oct 6, 2018, 12:41 pm

I have been flying through BKK with Sri Lankan because I am OW Emerald and I can use the JAL and CX lounges which I rate above the Oman an QR Lounges.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by swingaling
I've never received an OWE greeting on QR. However, I do typically get the standard greeting from the ISM when traveling in QR J.
Same here, don't recall that OWE status was ever mentioned.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 10:10 pm

About to take off out of doh for lca. Just got a greeting from csm, looked like a short list of owe and qrpcs she was carrying.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 1:45 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by swingaling
I've never received an OWE greeting on QR. However, I do typically get the standard greeting from the ISM when traveling in QR J.
Me too.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 11:19 am

I too am emerald and flew this week DAR-DOH and DOH-DFW in business.
Never got a thanks or friendly greeting.
Service was given with a sour face.
Got better service on Fastjet flight from Mbeya to DAR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.