No alcohol before take off

Old Oct 6, 2018, 1:05 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by tmac100
I assume the flight took off and landed safely? The issue of having champas in J-class before take-off is really a moot point, as are the reasons. OTOH, if the "requestor" really needed it - to deal with DTs perhaps - then there are other issues that FT contributors, and QR, should IMHO not deal with....

Another option is to find an airline that serves the requested libation(s) before take off.

Waiting until after take-off is possibly the safest thing to do. After all, the FAs prime responsibility is to ensure our safety during any flight. That is what announcements during flights say....
QR website does state J can enjoy a wide selection of beverages at any time but doesnt specify alcohol, but I certainly wouldnt say it was a moot point; its a valid discussion point which may influence a FTs decisions of airline or route.

To imply serving pre-departure drinks compromises safety is a little OTT though? No?

Old Oct 6, 2018, 1:31 am

Programs: BAEC
It's not only QR that decline to serve drinks on the ground in certain locations, other airlines have similar policies.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by plunet
It's not only QR that decline to serve drinks on the ground in certain locations, other airlines have similar policies.
I would agree with you if you say "some other airlines have the same policies". Taking CDG as an example, many airlines do serve taxed alcohol at boarding. A few do not.
plunet and Traveller999 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.