Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Too many distruptive videos on board

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2018, 2:25 am

Programs: HHon Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, TG Gold, QR Plat, OZ Gold, AF Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by sula__
Agree with many of the previous comments.

Those bulkhead mounted screens are the main reason I avoid the first (few) rows in the J cabin when possible. Don’t need to be reminded 100x over a 12h flight that Prague is now a new destination. The screen brightness is also set too high making it really difficult to relax on anything but a daytime flight. These screens should be turned off 30 mins after takeoff and turned on again 30 mins prior to landing or at a minimum set to nothing but the moving map at a low brightness setting.

What could also be improved is the brightness setting of the in-seat screens. Why are they all set to maximum brightness on a flight departing in darkness and remaining in darkness for 12h (e.g. PER-DOH)? 90% of pax don’t realise they can turn down brightness and 60% don’t realise they can turn the screen off which in sum results in too much illumination during night flights. Why can’t the brightness be set centrally to a low default starting value on such flights? The J cabin on said Perth flight was brightly illuminated despite darkness outside, cabin lights turned off and most of the pax sleeping/not watching the entertainment just because of the madness that is the high default screen brightness setting across the cabin.
Hear hear. This and the volume.....think I had to endure that 8 times in one week once! Those on the 380/359/787 just kills any relaxation mode you thought you were going to get yourself into once you have boarded for a red-eye, or the ability to wake up to a quiet cabin prior to landing

And yes, those pesky passengers who leave their reading light one is bad, doubly worst leaving those TVs on... I have gone over to switch off their screen at times once they are asleep....

QR does such a fantastic job at training the crew to close the galley curtains (better than any other airlines I have seen) and generally be not overly disruptive (I was recently shaken awake for breakfast (in J) on an Asian carried after mentioning twice to them I want to sleep, serve me breakfast if I am awake...), this does detract from that experience.
sula__ likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 3:17 am

I'm guilty of leaving reading lights on throughout the flight.
I find QR's overuse of mood lighting nausea inducing, the reading light floods out the seediness of the cabin.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 4:46 am

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy
I miss FC Barcelona....

(JOKING!)
Was that the indoor bandy team QR sponsored?

-A
Old Sep 17, 2018, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by R2

I'm always amused by this 'Everyone reads the Oryx magazine' ad. I had a glimpse through it once and it was as boring as they come. Also, I've never seen anyone read it.
well bloody Helen Mirren does!!

I'm sure she wouldn't sell her soul for a free round-trip to Krabi

And George Clooney!! You'd think maybe Hollywood royalty wouldn't need to get snouts in the trough.

Any chance they are using doubles? just seems odd that established stars would risk their credibility on such nonsense.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 5:15 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Any chance they are using doubles? just seems odd that established stars would risk their credibility on such nonsense.
Maybe money is tighter than you think. I don't get why Qatar feels that it needs to advertise its own in-flight magazines in the first place.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 5:37 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by WorldLux
Maybe money is tighter than you think. I don't get why Qatar feels that it needs to advertise its own in-flight magazines in the first place.
because they make money from selling ads in that magazine, so if it is perceived to be more popular they get more ad revenue
Old Sep 17, 2018, 7:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
talking about the light pollution, nobody of you is using the sleeping/eye masks ????
(i saved the pink one just for that )
Matt4 likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 7:46 am

Can’t sleep with those things on. Find them really distracting and cumbersome
Old Sep 18, 2018, 12:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
because they make money from selling ads in that magazine, so if it is perceived to be more popular they get more ad revenue
Is it not well known that Qatar never makes money? Thought it was substantially government supported?
Old Sep 18, 2018, 1:06 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
As the thread seems to have veered hugely off-topic, it's ripe for closure.

Msm2000uk
QR Mod Team

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.