Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Elites in Boycott Countries

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2018, 1:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire, SPG Platinum, Hhonors Diamond, TK Gold, QR Platinum, WY Sinbad Gold, SV Alfursan Gold
Elites in Boycott Countries

Before the crisis I have always been a loyal member to QR. Now QR demands that I acquire 505 points or I lose my status when it does not even fly to Saudi Arabia. I emailed them with a suggestion that members in boycott countries be given a lower threshold to retain status and don't have to fly QR. That is a logical solution for us until the crisis does end. To cut us loose like that is unfair and shortsighted

Last edited by beduin; Sep 8, 2018 at 2:07 am
Old Sep 8, 2018, 3:49 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by beduin
Before the crisis I have always been a loyal member to QR. Now QR demands that I acquire 505 points or I lose my status when it does not even fly to Saudi Arabia. I emailed them with a suggestion that members in boycott countries be given a lower threshold to retain status and don't have to fly QR. That is a logical solution for us until the crisis does end. To cut us loose like that is unfair and shortsighted
Stop using using logic!! QR are utterly incapable of even spelling the word I suspect that, sadly, QR will laugh in your face!
Work-Shy likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 4:53 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Isn’t it perfect logic? Saudi Arabia is obviously not
letting up on the boycott. So what use is QR status?
OWHKG2016 likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 5:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire, SPG Platinum, Hhonors Diamond, TK Gold, QR Platinum, WY Sinbad Gold, SV Alfursan Gold
Originally Posted by sxc
Isn’t it perfect logic? Saudi Arabia is obviously not
letting up on the boycott. So what use is QR status?
The crisis will eventually end. Meanwhile I can still use BA, RJ, MH or CX which do fly to Saudi.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 6:36 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, QR Platinum
What's not fair is blocking Qatar from using the Saudi and Emaratie air space and force them to take longer routes.
imkevinmc and OWHKG2016 like this.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 6:36 am

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold

The crisis will eventually end. Meanwhile I can still use BA, RJ, MH or CX which do fly to Saudi.
Just maybe not in your lifetime. Boycott of Israel still going strong after 70 years.
May be better to inquire for a status match on one of the above carriers, especially with the devaluation on QRPC.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alhitmi
What's not fair is blocking Qatar from using the Saudi and Emaratie air space and force them to take longer routes.

You are right.. I will issue a royal decree to lift the boycott immediately
Old Sep 8, 2018, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ubiest

Just maybe not in your lifetime. Boycott of Israel still going strong after 70 years.
May be better to inquire for a status match on one of the above carriers, especially with the devaluation on QRPC.
Geopolitically and ethnically, Israel can live with a boycott for ever if it wanted.. Qatar can't.. I'll give it until the Worldcup 2022 to end.. That's when I 'll really give up

Last edited by beduin; Sep 8, 2018 at 8:26 am
Old Sep 8, 2018, 8:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
CX which do fly to Saudi.
Are you sure about that? I was under the impression CX stopped flying to KSA 18 months ago.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 8:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
I'll give it until the Worldcup 2021 to end
The FIFA World Cup in Qatar starts on 21 November 2022.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 8:19 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
It's quite a leap to suggest that the victim of the boycott make accommodations to the countries implementing said boycotts.
ubiest likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer

The FIFA World Cup in Qatar starts on 21 November 2022.
Thanks.. corrected
Old Sep 8, 2018, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Beltway2A
It's quite a leap to suggest that the victim of the boycott make accommodations to the countries implementing said boycotts.

I'm not a country.. I'm a loyal Platinum member with QR.. I don't understand how you came up with the idea that I was a country.. Don't get me wrong, I wish I was representing a country
but then I won't be complaining about my membership here.. I'd invite you on my private Jumbo Jet
clubeurope likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 8:40 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob

Yes but that’s not of much commercial benefit to QR.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sxc

Yes but that’s not of much commercial benefit to QR.

Does that mean we were wrong to trust, rely & be loyal to QR? If they don't bother about a stain on their reputation for cutting loose their most loyal members for a reason those members have nothing to do with then I rest my case

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.