Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Using DOH Arrivals Lounge For Shower While In Transit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using DOH Arrivals Lounge For Shower While In Transit

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2018, 6:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
You have to go through security to get back to Departures, right?
Yes, but there's a high chance you'd have to go through transfer security anyway. Actually, the exit and arrival lounge idea sounds like a good idea... The transfer security can be a bit of a shambles
Old Sep 25, 2018, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by Schwann
Yes, but there's a high chance you'd have to go through transfer security anyway. Actually, the exit and arrival lounge idea sounds like a good idea... The transfer security can be a bit of a shambles
we are going to be passing through Doha with a 9 hour connection in November so are planning to do the city tour. Would it make sense to do the tour then have a shower in arrivals before heading to the business lounge as presumably we will be the right side of security anyway?
Old Sep 25, 2018, 11:30 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by HSR1234

we are going to be passing through Doha with a 9 hour connection in November so are planning to do the city tour. Would it make sense to do the tour then have a shower in arrivals before heading to the business lounge as presumably we will be the right side of security anyway?
You won't be able to do this as you describe - the arrivals lounge is airside. It is alongside the immigration hall for arrivals and is guarded by a dragon that checks your inbound boarding pass. It has its own dedicated immigration counter at the exit from the lounge. You can only get access as you are leaving the airport. You could use it on the way into Doha but not on the return to the airport
Old Sep 25, 2018, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Schwann
I'm going through Doha next week. I think that if they let me bypass transfer security, I'll just go to Al Mourjan. If I have transfer security, maybe I'll try the Arrivals lounge.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 12:00 pm

There are TWO Arrivals lounges at DOH. The first is airside and is not much more than a waiting room for Immigration for QR Premium arrivals. The second is landside on the left(?) after you leave the baggage hall. It is the landside lounge that contains the usual lounge facilities, includng showers.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by remdk
There are TWO Arrivals lounges at DOH. The first is airside and is not much more than a waiting room for Immigration for QR Premium arrivals. The second is landside on the left(?) after you leave the baggage hall. It is the landside lounge that contains the usual lounge facilities, includng showers.
​​​​​​
Ah, I didn't realise there was another arrivals lounge, apologies for the duff info.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 4:04 pm

So just to clarify the people using the showers are going through immigration formalities before doing so? I expect that would add some extra time to the whole process if transiting?
Old Sep 25, 2018, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by Cspnvdl
So just to clarify the people using the showers are going through immigration formalities before doing so? I expect that would add some extra time to the whole process if transiting?
The Premium immigration facility and the "landside" security channel are both so fast that it probably takes only a few minutes more than the transit security.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by Cspnvdl
Originally Posted by klausa
The Premium immigration facility and the "landside" security channel are both so fast that it probably takes only a few minutes more than the transit security.
Check post 33 upthread, the arrivals lounge that does your immigration clearance is on the left as you walk into the immigration hall.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
I have never had to wait for Passport Control in the premium arrivals area. The vast majority of QR passengers are connecting. Of those that are terminating in DOH, most are Economy passengers and not eligible. Of those that are eligible, I suspect the majority can use the eGates for immigration. So, really, the only people using the premium facility are foreign J class passengers who are not eligible for eGate immigration.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by klausa
There's an elevator that'll take you back to the departures level. I think there's an escalator too, but can't remember for sure.
There is an escalator too. More specifically a moving inclined ramp to the level just below departures and a short escalator up from there. The QR Premium area is separated from the rest of the terminal by a barrier, but there is a door you can pass through. Worst case, walk outside, turn left and go to the far door to get back in. Very easy.

One more point to make. If you are connecting to a U.S. flight and get the "SSSS" on your boarding pass (something that is happening to me every time I depart India now, but I digress), do not let that deter you from using the Arrivals Lounge. The secondary screening takes place at the gate for U.S. bound flights. It has no bearing on the level of security you receive when you go through either transit or landside to airside security.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 2:21 pm

Going to do this for my flight tomorrow. Have a 3 hour connection and as long as my inbound flight is not delayed, I will go to arrivals for a shower and go back to departures.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.