Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Using DOH Arrivals Lounge For Shower While In Transit

Using DOH Arrivals Lounge For Shower While In Transit

Old Aug 30, 2018, 11:17 am

If you use the arrivals lounge to take a shower, how would you get back into the business lounge? I was thinking of using the arrivals lounge, and the business lounge on my stopover in Doha.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 11:43 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by fleet100
If you use the arrivals lounge to take a shower, how would you get back into the business lounge? I was thinking of using the arrivals lounge, and the business lounge on my stopover in Doha.
I assume you have an onward ticket, right? You clear immigration, use arrivals lounge, then go back into the airport for departure.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
It's amazing how petty QR can be.....
Yeah this whole subject of upgrades and lounges is just sad. I am not aware of any other airline doing that, especially for paid upgrades. And was Al Safwa as empty as it is really worth yet another heavy blow to the value of QRPC upgrades? Do these ~2 upgraders per A380 really overfill their essentially deserted lounge?
I am not bluffing, stuff like that severely lowers my threshold regarding how much I am willing to pay to fly QR.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 7:28 pm

I have used the arrivals lounge during a connection (primarily for jogging, but that doesn't matter). Works fine. More sensible now that visa is free for most folks. Showers are very nice in the arrivals lounge, much more so than in the main lounge. Odd to be the only person there, which I always have been. A shame that food is so basic.

Bottom line is that your plan is fine.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 12:23 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by skunker
You know there are two sets of showers? The ones in the main lounge area connected to the restrooms usually have a wait, but head to the second set in the back in the quiet area and there is usually no wait. Air flow is slightly better back there, too.
Definitely depends on the times and loads of flights...

I've had waits for an hour in the quiet area, waits for 15 minutes, waits for 5 minutes, and at times no waits at all (usually at 5pm interestingly).

Other than that, I've never been able to use the showers at the main lounge area because there's always a significant wait involved.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 2:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
What do you tell the immigration lady? She always ask me, where i stay during my visit.
"in the arrivals lounge" seems like a slightly weird answer
clubeurope likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 4:50 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by nilsfr69
What do you tell the immigration lady? She always ask me, where i stay during my visit.
"in the arrivals lounge" seems like a slightly weird answer
Yes, tell them exactly what your intentions are.
nilsfr69 likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 1:12 pm

Programs: BAEC
Yep, I went for walkabout for a couple of hours during an 8 hour stopover and I just said we were going down to the corniche for a couple of hours. Absolutely no issue, no hotel needed.
nilsfr69 likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Thanks all. I am usually there connecting b/w India and North American, so always at peak times. The arrivals lounge is the way to go, I think.

Thanks!
Old Aug 31, 2018, 7:17 pm

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus
Originally Posted by Pursh

Earlier this year I tried to access the premium arrivals facility (the one before immigration) and was refused as I upgraded with cash for my business ticket. Im assuming that also means no access to the post-immigration arrivals lounge as well.
I guess they check the original ticket class. Would it matter that I upgraded with q credits and not cash. Do the upgrades of q credit and cash fall in the same business clas? Will be there in a couple of weeks will try to access both the business class arrival section as well as the lounge and report here.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 9:19 pm

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus
At the premium arrival and the new policy seems to be that they will not allow any upgraded passenger read cash, qmiles, qcredits to use the facility or the arrival lounge.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Quick update. I used the arrivals lounge for a shower this past Saturday, connecting from DEL to JFK. I arrived from DEL at 5:15 am at a D Gate. I was in the arrivals lounge by 5:30 am and back in the business class lounge by 6:20. I was literally the only customer in the arrivals lounge. The shower rooms are larger than the departure lounge, have a better luggage/changing area and, of course, no wait. This is the way to do it if you want a shower between flights.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 3:53 pm

How did you get back into the business class lounge? Did you need to go out of the building?
Old Sep 24, 2018, 8:22 pm

There's an elevator that'll take you back to the departures level. I think there's an escalator too, but can't remember for sure.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
You have to go through security to get back to Departures, right?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.