Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Change Qmiles award on QR metal

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2018, 12:14 am
Original Poster

Change Qmiles award on QR metal

Has anyone done one recently? Changing dates/routes? With their "everything online" setup, I can't seem to find a way to change an award online. I have Cancel/refund option but that's about it.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 12:25 am

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by mlqsko
Has anyone done one recently? Changing dates/routes? With their "everything online" setup, I can't seem to find a way to change an award online. I have Cancel/refund option but that's about it.
Yes that is correct. You have to refund the booking and then make a new booking. It will take a couple of days to get the the qmiles re-credited to your account. Unless you are QRPC gold or platinum you have to pay a cancellation fee as well - in the past this cancellation fee could not be paid online, but this might have changed.

The whole process really sucks - especially if you made the award booking before the devaluation.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:47 am

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Originally Posted by JC880
Yes that is correct. You have to refund the booking and then make a new booking. It will take a couple of days to get the the qmiles re-credited to your account. Unless you are QRPC gold or platinum you have to pay a cancellation fee as well - in the past this cancellation fee could not be paid online, but this might have changed.

The whole process really sucks - especially if you made the award booking before the devaluation.
Agreed 100%

If you booked an award pre devaluation, at the time of purchase your ticket was valid for one year, with changes allowed against a fee (no fee for QRPC gold and plat)....
Then Qatar Airways decides the ticket cannot be changed anymore...
In my opinion its a breach of ticket rules from Qatar Airways , plain and simple.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

My award was booked past-devaluation. So calling an office won't get it changed? I don't mind the fees, there are fees with all FFPs. $25 to cancel/refund (up to 24 hrs before departure) an award is literally nothing, some charge $200.
Ursa81 likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 9:39 am

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
My award was booked past-devaluation. So calling an office won't get it changed? I don't mind the fees, there are fees with all FFPs. $25 to cancel/refund (up to 24 hrs before departure) an award is literally nothing, some charge $200.
Calling an office will do nothing, as per this year "enhancement", unlike most airlines, Qatar Airways will not provide any service on the phone regarding award tickets and or miles/Qcredit upgrades, you have to try you chance online, good luck...
Old Aug 21, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: QR Platinum
You not only pay the fee (except Gold and Platinum members) but also loose the newly introduced fee per sector (25,50,75 USD), And if you cancel you cannot be sure that the available award space will be gone until your miles are returned. I just complained at customer service and they found my argument "valuable" but unfortunately they cannot do anything :-)
Old Aug 21, 2018, 9:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by toz100
You not only pay the fee (except Gold and Platinum members) but also loose the newly introduced fee per sector (25,50,75 USD), And if you cancel you cannot be sure that the available award space will be gone until your miles are returned. I just complained at customer service and they found my argument "valuable" but unfortunately they cannot do anything :-)
Yeah, true.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.