Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar Counter at JFK-Strict!!!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2018, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by makrom
And in case of turbulences or accidents the overheads can pop open when there's too much weight in there. So complain to the people who don't like getting 20 kg bags dropped on their heads. Also unions really dislike it when checked baggage weight is exceeded. Perhaps you guys don't care about hauling 40 kg bags around all day long, but for some strange reason they do.
I really don't get the problem with weight limits. Instead of being happy that they sometimes let you pass with too much weight, people act like the airlinies are totally crazy when they actually stick to the rule. Many airlines go as far as publishing a weight limit of 20 kg with the 23 kg as planned excess, but when they are upfront and publish the actual limit of 23 kg, people seem to expect that's 23 kg + a few kg excess.
Are you guys going to Walmart with a $20 bill and walk out with stuff for $23, expecting the cashiers not to be so strict?
Couldn't agree more. Maybe if more airlines followed their own rules, we'd be less surprised when we're held to the published rules.
TomTheSailor likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 9:46 am

Programs: CO
Semi relevant but does anyone know what time the check in counter opens at JFK for the night flight? I took it 6 months ago and thought it was 5pm but can’t remember. On it tonight
Old Nov 11, 2018, 12:03 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by nikbruno
Semi relevant but does anyone know what time the check in counter opens at JFK for the night flight? I took it 6 months ago and thought it was 5pm but can’t remember. On it tonight
It was open a bit over 3 hours before the flight last time I flew.
nikbruno likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.