Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Early check in SIN

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2018, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Early check in SIN

I have a flight 0220 from SIN to DOH but I would like to check in early. There is a flight leaving 2120. Would it be possible to arrive around 2000 and check in for the 0220 flight? I am flying in C and am a OneWorld Emerald
Old Jul 21, 2018, 9:59 am

You can check in any time in Singapore. Early Check in is offered in Singapore Changi Airport.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Yes, I checked that. But Qatar is not listed as one of the airlines that offer early check in. That is why I asked if someone has any experience regarding this.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 3:54 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Hello, I’m flying the same itinerary as the OP tomorrow, and I was wondering if anyone has any insight on this?

I have the same circumstances as OP (flying J and OWE), but taking the 8 pm flight.

thanks!
Old Mar 28, 2019, 4:53 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Qatar doesn't participate in the early check-in scheme at SIN unfortunately - and recently the OLCI for flights departing SIN has not generated the boarding pass - so you will likely need to go to the QR counters regardless if you have luggage to check. The counters open 3 hours before the flight, so plan accordingly!
clubeurope likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 6:56 am

Programs: qr
cannot comment on SIN but my experience at another airport late last year that has multiple daily flights did not allow me to check my bags in early or issue BP. was told quite sternly that I had to come back 3 hours before departure time to check in despite the flight before being checked in as I stood and had the conversation. May be not like that at all airports but that was my experience.
clubeurope likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 12:03 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Last time I checked in in SIN was in October 18. QR had an early CI-counter which opened 4 hours before departure compared to 3 hours for the "regular" counters.
purple1addict and clubeurope like this.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 2:45 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by toz100
Last time I checked in in SIN was in October 18. QR had an early CI-counter which opened 4 hours before departure compared to 3 hours for the "regular" counters.
Thanks, very good to know! ☺
clubeurope likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 5:48 am

thanks for the replies everyone!

I arrived around 4 hours before departure and indeed the counter was open for an "early check-in". Though that said, only one counter was open and it was swarmed... There are no priority check-in counters at this time, only for them to open at T-3 hours. The queue was around 1 hour long and I ended up sitting by the Coffee Bean Stall waiting for an hour just for the Business class counter to open because there was no point in waiting. The J counters ended up opening T-3hours 15 minutes.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 5:51 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by clubeurope
thanks for the replies everyone!

I arrived around 4 hours before departure and indeed the counter was open for an "early check-in". Though that said, only one counter was open and it was swarmed... There are no priority check-in counters at this time, only for them to open at T-3 hours. The queue was around 1 hour long and I ended up sitting by the Coffee Bean Stall waiting for an hour just for the Business class counter to open because there was no point in waiting. The J counters ended up opening T-3hours 15 minutes.

Too bad. Sorry if I made you come earlier!
Old Mar 30, 2019, 3:06 am

Originally Posted by toz100
Too bad. Sorry if I made you come earlier!
not at all! It was all good in the end
Old Mar 30, 2019, 2:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by clubeurope
not at all! It was all good in the end
Regardless I will repeat this exercise in a couple of weeks, at some point I am sure there will be great success!!
Old Mar 31, 2019, 8:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
First time leaving SIN: is there priority security at the gate? On arrival there were some long lines (though I’m sure they didn’t actually take super long)
Old Apr 2, 2019, 9:33 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by etiene
First time leaving SIN: is there priority security at the gate? On arrival there were some long lines (though I’m sure they didn’t actually take super long)
No, there isn’t. My practice is to try to time my arrival at security so that the majority of passengers have gone through already and just queue a minute or two. Maybe 30 minutes maximum prior to scheduled departure time (I sometimes cut it slightly finer than that).
Old Apr 2, 2019, 9:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by User Name
No, there isn’t. My practice is to try to time my arrival at security so that the majority of passengers have gone through already and just queue a minute or two. Maybe 30 minutes maximum prior to scheduled departure time (I sometimes cut it slightly finer than that).
Thanks, though there was in fact one last night at D34. Jumped a long-ish queue only to have the pilots pull even higher rank...! We were rather earlier than necessary though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.