Early check in SIN

Old Apr 2, 19, 1:56 pm
Ritz-Carlton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC Diamond, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by etiene View Post
Thanks, though there was in fact one last night at D34. Jumped a long-ish queue only to have the pilots pull even higher rank...! We were rather earlier than necessary though.
Indeed, there is one. Qatar is one of the airlines with a priority security line in Singapore (thank goodness!)
Old Apr 4, 19, 9:29 am

Programs: Miles and More FTL; BA Exec Club Silver
Hi,

Jumping in on this thread. Is there a QR transfer desk at SIN T1? Asking as I’m trying to figure out which flight to book to arrive in SIN for the 2am flight to DOH. I will have checked luggage with a full service airline (SQ) from the previous flight and ideally I don’t want to pass through immigration just to pick up luggage and check in again so wanted to make sure I could get this transferred onto QR without having to go through immigration. If I do have to do the whole immigration thing I’ll have to book an earlier flight. Flying J if it makes any difference, and visa for Singapore isn’t an issue for me. I just don’t want the hassle

Thanks in advance
Old Apr 13, 19, 2:52 am

Programs: KF*G
Originally Posted by clubeurope View Post
thanks for the replies everyone!

I arrived around 4 hours before departure and indeed the counter was open for an "early check-in". Though that said, only one counter was open and it was swarmed... There are no priority check-in counters at this time, only for them to open at T-3 hours. The queue was around 1 hour long and I ended up sitting by the Coffee Bean Stall waiting for an hour just for the Business class counter to open because there was no point in waiting. The J counters ended up opening T-3hours 15 minutes.

Another option after 17 April is to use the early check in at Changi Jewel.
Old Apr 13, 19, 7:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by aeronuts View Post

Another option after 17 April is to use the early check in at Changi Jewel.
...3 days too late for me... 😣
Old Apr 14, 19, 2:28 am

Programs: BA Gold
Short question, if the flight is delayed, will check in also be delayed?
Old Apr 16, 19, 11:53 pm

Programs: QR Gold (OWS), Taj Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold
I will be trying the early check-in facility at Jewel tonight.
Brookhouse and plunet like this.
Old Apr 17, 19, 5:42 am
Accor Contributor BadgeRitz-Carlton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ChrisBub View Post
Hi,

Jumping in on this thread. Is there a QR transfer desk at SIN T1? Asking as Iím trying to figure out which flight to book to arrive in SIN for the 2am flight to DOH. I will have checked luggage with a full service airline (SQ) from the previous flight and ideally I donít want to pass through immigration just to pick up luggage and check in again so wanted to make sure I could get this transferred onto QR without having to go through immigration. If I do have to do the whole immigration thing Iíll have to book an earlier flight. Flying J if it makes any difference, and visa for Singapore isnít an issue for me. I just donít want the hassle

Thanks in advance
Hi there,

hope this answer isn't too late! Yes, QR should have a transit desk at Terminal 1. You should proceed straight to the "transit lounge" area where all the transit desks are. They should be able to move your luggage for you to the next flight, though I would personally leave around 2-3 hours between your flights just in case things don't turn up well.
Old Apr 17, 19, 7:30 am

Programs: Miles and More FTL; BA Exec Club Silver
Many thanks. I booked a 6 hour connection in just in case, but even better if I don't have to go landside. More time to chill out in the lounge and maybe even go for a swim.

Looking forward to going back through Singapore, and especially to trying out the Q suites
Old Apr 17, 19, 12:47 pm
Accor Contributor BadgeRitz-Carlton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ChrisBub View Post
Many thanks. I booked a 6 hour connection in just in case, but even better if I don't have to go landside. More time to chill out in the lounge and maybe even go for a swim.

Looking forward to going back through Singapore, and especially to trying out the Q suites
No worries. The QF Lounge is particularly nice when it is not crowded, and the BA lounge isn't very shabby at all. Though since you're on the 2am departure, you're probably best going to the OW lounges first as they close at around 11 pm, in line with the last BA/QF departures. Technically you should be able to use one of the lounges QR has a contract with (not sure which one), though as far as I know, the contract lounges are pretty awful.
ChrisBub likes this.

Search this Thread