Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Early check in SIN

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2019, 1:56 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by etiene
Thanks, though there was in fact one last night at D34. Jumped a long-ish queue only to have the pilots pull even higher rank...! We were rather earlier than necessary though.
Indeed, there is one. Qatar is one of the airlines with a priority security line in Singapore (thank goodness!)
Old Apr 4, 2019, 9:29 am

Programs: Miles&More SEN; ITA Premium, Asante Gold, IHG Platinum, BAEC Bronze, Accor Silver, Radisson Premier
Hi,

Jumping in on this thread. Is there a QR transfer desk at SIN T1? Asking as I’m trying to figure out which flight to book to arrive in SIN for the 2am flight to DOH. I will have checked luggage with a full service airline (SQ) from the previous flight and ideally I don’t want to pass through immigration just to pick up luggage and check in again so wanted to make sure I could get this transferred onto QR without having to go through immigration. If I do have to do the whole immigration thing I’ll have to book an earlier flight. Flying J if it makes any difference, and visa for Singapore isn’t an issue for me. I just don’t want the hassle

Thanks in advance
Old Apr 13, 2019, 2:52 am

Programs: KF*G
Originally Posted by clubeurope
thanks for the replies everyone!

I arrived around 4 hours before departure and indeed the counter was open for an "early check-in". Though that said, only one counter was open and it was swarmed... There are no priority check-in counters at this time, only for them to open at T-3 hours. The queue was around 1 hour long and I ended up sitting by the Coffee Bean Stall waiting for an hour just for the Business class counter to open because there was no point in waiting. The J counters ended up opening T-3hours 15 minutes.

Another option after 17 April is to use the early check in at Changi Jewel.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 7:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by aeronuts

Another option after 17 April is to use the early check in at Changi Jewel.
...3 days too late for me... 😣
Old Apr 14, 2019, 2:28 am

Programs: BA Gold
Short question, if the flight is delayed, will check in also be delayed?
Old Apr 16, 2019, 11:53 pm

Programs: QR Gold, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Taj Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
I will be trying the early check-in facility at Jewel tonight.
Brookhouse and plunet like this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by ChrisBub
Hi,

Jumping in on this thread. Is there a QR transfer desk at SIN T1? Asking as I’m trying to figure out which flight to book to arrive in SIN for the 2am flight to DOH. I will have checked luggage with a full service airline (SQ) from the previous flight and ideally I don’t want to pass through immigration just to pick up luggage and check in again so wanted to make sure I could get this transferred onto QR without having to go through immigration. If I do have to do the whole immigration thing I’ll have to book an earlier flight. Flying J if it makes any difference, and visa for Singapore isn’t an issue for me. I just don’t want the hassle

Thanks in advance
Hi there,

hope this answer isn't too late! Yes, QR should have a transit desk at Terminal 1. You should proceed straight to the "transit lounge" area where all the transit desks are. They should be able to move your luggage for you to the next flight, though I would personally leave around 2-3 hours between your flights just in case things don't turn up well.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 7:30 am

Programs: Miles&More SEN; ITA Premium, Asante Gold, IHG Platinum, BAEC Bronze, Accor Silver, Radisson Premier
Many thanks. I booked a 6 hour connection in just in case, but even better if I don't have to go landside. More time to chill out in the lounge and maybe even go for a swim.

Looking forward to going back through Singapore, and especially to trying out the Q suites
Old Apr 17, 2019, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisBub
Many thanks. I booked a 6 hour connection in just in case, but even better if I don't have to go landside. More time to chill out in the lounge and maybe even go for a swim.

Looking forward to going back through Singapore, and especially to trying out the Q suites
No worries. The QF Lounge is particularly nice when it is not crowded, and the BA lounge isn't very shabby at all. Though since you're on the 2am departure, you're probably best going to the OW lounges first as they close at around 11 pm, in line with the last BA/QF departures. Technically you should be able to use one of the lounges QR has a contract with (not sure which one), though as far as I know, the contract lounges are pretty awful.
ChrisBub likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 1:04 am

Hi, can i check if Qatar Airways does early check in. Has anyone got experience. I called Changi Airport and they say it depends on Qatar even if they participate in jewel early check in.So, they saying no early check in for Qatar at Singapore.

Qatar says strictly no early check in anywhere..only opens check in 3 hours ahead of time.

Many thanks
Old Dec 12, 2022, 3:25 am

Programs: Privilege Club - Platinum
Originally Posted by Asiatraveller
Hi, can i check if Qatar Airways does early check in. Has anyone got experience. I called Changi Airport and they say it depends on Qatar even if they participate in jewel early check in.So, they saying no early check in for Qatar at Singapore.

Qatar says strictly no early check in anywhere..only opens check in 3 hours ahead of time.

Many thanks
Yes, there is early check-in at Jewel from 12PM to 8PM. I used it last week but it depends on your final destination. It is only available if you are heading to the following: Austria, Australia, Afghanistan, Albania, Argentina, Armenia, Bahrain, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Belgium, Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Congo, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Egypt, France, Finland, Germany, Georgia, Greece, Grenada, Gabon, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Jamaica, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Kuwait, Latvia, Lithuania, Nambia, Malta, Mexico, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Oman, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Slovenia, South Africa, Sudan, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Trinidad and Tobago, United Kingdom, and Yemen.

They no longer have a person at the check in desk at Jewel. They just check if you are eligible to check in (i.e heading to one of the above) and then you check in yourself at the check-in machine, it prints your boarding pass and luggage tag and then you attach it to your bag and put it on the belt. There is staff on hand for assistance. There are no priority baggage tags or anything like that, if you are in business.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 3:28 am

Originally Posted by Alchemist007
Yes, there is early check-in at Jewel from 12PM to 8PM. I used it last week but it depends on your final destination. It is only available if you are heading to the following: Austria, Australia, Afghanistan, Albania, Argentina, Armenia, Bahrain, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Belgium, Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Congo, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Egypt, France, Finland, Germany, Georgia, Greece, Grenada, Gabon, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Jamaica, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Kuwait, Latvia, Lithuania, Nambia, Malta, Mexico, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Oman, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Slovenia, South Africa, Sudan, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Trinidad and Tobago, United Kingdom, and Yemen.

They no longer have a person at the check in desk at Jewel. They just check if you are eligible to check in (i.e heading to one of the above) and then you check in yourself at the check-in machine, it prints your boarding pass and luggage tag and then you attach it to your bag and put it on the belt. There is staff on hand for assistance. There are no priority baggage tags or anything like that, if you are in business.

Thank you. Thats what i thought.. Funny how Qatar says no. In my case, i have prepaid excess baggage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.