Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Booking Class eligible for Qcredits upgrade

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2018, 4:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: QRpc Plat

Hello all,

I just have a quick question. I have quite a few qcredits that is soon expiring, and would like to use them.
Which booking classes is eligible for an upgrade from Y to J with the Qcredits?
Will it be okay to book economy saver ticket or do I need to go for a Economy Value in order to be able to upgrade? Off course it is subject to availability.

Wish you all a pleasant day.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 10:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
Originally Posted by TomTheSailor
Hello all,

I just have a quick question. I have quite a few qcredits that is soon expiring, and would like to use them.
Which booking classes is eligible for an upgrade from Y to J with the Qcredits?
Will it be okay to book economy saver ticket or do I need to go for a Economy Value in order to be able to upgrade? Off course it is subject to availability.

Wish you all a pleasant day.
It would seem most Y saver fares are being sold in the Q bucket basically all y fares except promotion fares are eligible for award upgrades since the last enhancement of may 27th
Old Jul 15, 2018, 3:44 pm

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
According to Qcalculator the following economy classes are upgradable with Qcredits:

Y,M,Q,V,S,O,N,K,H,B,T,L

Googd luck ..
Old Jul 16, 2018, 4:26 am
Original Poster

Thank you very much both of you.
I will try my luck with an economy saver ticket, I won’t get my hopes up though.

Thanks again
Old Jul 16, 2018, 8:35 am

You can check the booking class during the booking process by clicking on detailled fare rules. Booking class is the first letter of the fare code.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

That went perfect. Booked my flight from OSL to SIN in booking class N. Straight away could upgrade both legs with my q credits. I am glad I managed to use them before they expired.

Thanks again for your help.
united78 and Alfredbali like this.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 2:49 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Alfredbali
According to Qcalculator the following economy classes are upgradable with Qcredits:

Y,M,Q,V,S,O,N,K,H,B,T,L

Googd luck ..
But O and T classes are only eligible for upgrade if booked under Economy Saver, not under Economy Promo.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4

But O and T classes are only eligible for upgrade if booked under Economy Saver, not under Economy Promo.
Then Qcalculator is not accurate ...
Old Mar 23, 2019, 3:34 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Is Q absolutely, definitely upgradeable in all cases ?
Don't want to make a mistake and be unable to upgrade !
Old Mar 24, 2019, 1:27 am

There are great great economy fares right now out of SOF and, slightly more expensive, OTP (Bucharest). They book into V, so are upgradeable. SOF-DOH-BOS one way, for instance is 400 EUR. DOH-BOS is upgradeable to J for 39 QCredits. JFK and IAD are a bit more expensive.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 1:50 am

Sisyphus: Only W and G are definitely out, and pesky O and T require Economy Saver, not Promo. But Q seems fine.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 1:37 am

Anyone know a way to search QR upgrade availability? Expertflyer doesn't show, nor does QR website. And with choosing seats only after payment is processed, there's no way even to infer it.

Or?
Old Mar 26, 2019, 6:47 am

Programs: qr
In short you can't but there is a sort of work round - if you search for your route you wish to apply fro an upgrade on for redemption space and find availability for a redemption ticket at norma miles cost ( not double miles) then you should be able to upgrade that sector with miles or credits . That is providing you have bought an upgradable ticket class. Once the booking is made you can then process the upgrade via APP or website when you logged into PC. my experience though is the IT functionality can be spotty and you may have to email PC to ask them to complete the transaction.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.