Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Redemption of qmiles on partners. Your experience?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Redemption of qmiles on partners. Your experience?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2018, 4:23 pm

Six days ago I made an online request for JAL return flight from Taipei To Sapporo. While making the request I was only offered one flight option via Haneda to Sapporo and return via Narita (on ba.com there were many other options available via KIX, HND and NRT). In the comment section I mentioned the other options, and that for both flights I would prefer to fly via KIX). Today finally I received reply saying that I can not transfer in two different airports (HND and NRT) and I have to make two new one way requests. They absolutely didn’t consider what I wrote in the comment section.

About a month ago I tried to make request for the same route. By the time I got reply 10 days later, all previously available award seats were gone.

Of course no one at customer service cares about anything when I contact them.
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 7:37 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, LH FTL, QR Silver, Hilton Diamond
I just sent an award ticket request via QRPC website for a RJ flight. In your experience, when can I expect an answer from QRPC team?
Old Oct 7, 2018, 2:31 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Is there a way to find out the tax amount on the partner redemptions without actually booking a ticket?

It is a BA flight, so can't find a comparable costs with them as it is Ł17.50 (RFS).
Old Oct 10, 2018, 1:10 pm

Not relevant anymore as after 3 days waiting they finally came back to say that now the flights [I wanted one, but offered couple of options in the comment field] are not available.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 7:19 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
Just made a request for CX flghts for flights I see available on BA.com, QRPC just come back a couple hours later saying not available.... is there some phantom space on BA?

-- sent them a message asking them to look again including the screenshot of BA showing the avaibility. will see what they answer.

Last edited by synd; Oct 22, 2018 at 7:32 am
Old Oct 24, 2018, 12:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by makrom
Sounds like a typical QRPC issue. I see no reason why you would't be right, I never heard of such a booking fee for partner awards, unless if booked over the phone (back when this was still possible). Trying to resolve such issues over the phone is usually a complete waste of (not to be underestimated amount of) time. If anything, contacting QR on social media (FB, Twitter) seems to be a valid last resort these days, lately this is the only channel where I heard stories of success every now and then.
But if it's of any consolation, this is most likely incompetence rather than greed. I guess if I were you, I would just be happy that the damage is only ~$30.
You did already plan to credit your flights to another FFP from now on, didn't you? Otherwise, this would be my prime recommendation. QRPC is in so many ways no longer a reliable partner. It's not just the constant f-ups but also the total inability to rectify these issues.
Just an update to my issue (partner award ticket cancelled, YR not refunded). They have finally accepted it was an error which they didn't know before had I not raised the issue up with them, and they have now processed the refund of the YR deducted. To be honest I'm quite surprised they actually looked into this, after not hearing anything back from them for 2 months.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 3:52 pm

Used my last miles on a BA booking - took them ~4-5 days, they've apologised for being late in processing it - but the rest of the process [paying online] was easy.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 5:35 am

Programs: UA *Gold
Got this response on an AA booking ATL>PHX
+++
hank you for writing to Privilege Club. We value your business.

We apologize for the delay in replying to you and appreciate your patience.

We have checked the availability for your requested journey from Atlanta to Phoenix dated 30-Apr-2019 in redemption economy class on American Airlines.

However, we are unable to process your request, as the redemption seats are currently unavailable.

Redemption seats are limited and capacity controlled hence, there are limitations on the number of seats available for redemption on any given flight. Certain days/periods may have no award seat availability; this is a global industry practice and is a function of flight forecast.

We thank you for your understanding and co-operation in this regard.

Sincerely,
Vishal Parekh

Privilege Club Team

++++++++++++

Well, I checked using the BA tool and there are 7 economy and 3 business seats available. This is about as wide open as I would ever expect. I replied to QR about the availability. I will be surprised to hear back from them.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by golferjoe
Got this response on an AA booking ATL>PHX
+++
hank you for writing to Privilege Club. We value your business.

We apologize for the delay in replying to you and appreciate your patience.

We have checked the availability for your requested journey from Atlanta to Phoenix dated 30-Apr-2019 in redemption economy class on American Airlines.

However, we are unable to process your request, as the redemption seats are currently unavailable.

Redemption seats are limited and capacity controlled hence, there are limitations on the number of seats available for redemption on any given flight. Certain days/periods may have no award seat availability; this is a global industry practice and is a function of flight forecast.

We thank you for your understanding and co-operation in this regard.

Sincerely,
Vishal Parekh

Privilege Club Team

++++++++++++

Well, I checked using the BA tool and there are 7 economy and 3 business seats available. This is about as wide open as I would ever expect. I replied to QR about the availability. I will be surprised to hear back from them.
+++
they came back and said no seats available.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 4:57 pm

to Membersvc

So, BA miles can be used on this flight, but Qatar miles cannot be? What use are Qatar miles now that almost every destination in 2x miles?

+++
They don't want to redeem any miles on partners if they can help it. Wow, and I thought that Delta's Skypesos were a devaluation.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 6:33 pm

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
I don't think they're being intentionally mean about award bookings (as in, the seats are there but they refuse the booking just to mess with you.) For some reason (could be a bug), not ALL seats available to BA are actually available to QR. I had a similar experience with DL - I was seeing available seats on VN using KVS that the DL agents could not see/book. (Those were not available online at all.) I could not explain the discrepancy. I'm not sure that sending screenshots or insisting can actually accomplish anything...
Old Nov 3, 2018, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by florin
I don't think they're being intentionally mean about award bookings (as in, the seats are there but they refuse the booking just to mess with you.) For some reason (could be a bug), not ALL seats available to BA are actually available to QR. I had a similar experience with DL - I was seeing available seats on VN using KVS that the DL agents could not see/book. (Those were not available online at all.) I could not explain the discrepancy. I'm not sure that sending screenshots or insisting can actually accomplish anything...
===However,

Dear Mr. golferjoe,
Thank you for writing to Privilege Club.

Our sincere apologies for the delay in replying to you

We are sorry to learn of the disappointment you have expressed as a result of the service levels which you have identified and please accept our apologies for any inconvenience that you may have experienced.

However, we are pleased to inform you that we have made a tentative reservation on American Airlines, dated 30-Apr-2019 from Atlanta to Phoenix in economy class. Your booking details are as follows:
+++
OK, persistence pays. Who knows how the system works, just for me, since it showed as available on BA, they eventually relented--and i got my two seats for 25K miles each!
Old Nov 3, 2018, 4:57 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
Originally Posted by florin
I am sorry but given they are already so many rules with QR award partner redemption to make it almost impossible to use that i wouldn't be surprised if they blocked the seats:
- 4 segments maximum....
- one airline only
- airports in the same city not considered the same.so pretty much JL not usable.
- only dates changes possible

Its probably the most restrictive redemptions I have ever seen... everything to make you not book. I just tried booking seats that were available on BA and QF, yet according to QR not available! I even sent them the screenshot of both programs showing the seats....
Old Dec 31, 2019, 4:26 pm

Anyone know how to use QMiles on an American flight? I can't find anywhere on the Qatar website to reserve it. I found a link to book an award ticket but it just lead to a 404 not found. Help!
Old Jan 1, 2020, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by braveswin11
Anyone know how to use QMiles on an American flight? I can't find anywhere on the Qatar website to reserve it. I found a link to book an award ticket but it just lead to a 404 not found. Help!
Here's a workaround; login to your PC account, then go to the QCalculator
Select Award Ticket, and then the preferred partner airline (not essential but I suggest you use the actual airline you want to redeem on) and origin - destination (again suggest you use the actual) and calculate - then click redeem and you will be taken to the booking page (previous airline, origin, destination will be populated in the search)

You used to be able to get here from the QRPC dashboard -> Privilege Club menu -> Redeem my Qmiles / Qcredits, but now that only takes you to the redeem on QR tab (there used to also be a redeem on partner and upgrade on QR tabs which disappeared yesterday; even though the redeem on partner tab can be accessed via my hack, you don't see the heading there)

The page does load correctly via the Qatar Airways app though (login to PC, menu button, Privilege Club - > Redeem my Qmiles / Qcredits)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.