Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Can't get Google Flight prices on Qatar Airways website

Old Jun 15, 18, 12:08 am
Original Poster

Hi there,
I am looking to fly business class on Qatar Airways from Jakarta (CGK) to London (LHR), departing on 13 October and returning a week later.
According to google flights, I can get a price of about IDR 31,000,000; departing on QR 959 (09:00 - 13:45), connecting to QR15 (14:55 - 20:25); returning on QR4 (15:05-23:59) , connecting on QR954 (09:15 - 22:15)
But when I use google flights to direct me to the QR website, I get a price closer to IDR40,000,000.

Any ideas what i am doing wrong?

Thanks!
Old Jun 15, 18, 11:55 am

Programs: BAEC, Accor
Based upon what others have said on here previously, Google Flights and ITA Matrix don't play nicely with QR availability or pricing. Not entirely sure why but it smells like there is stale or non-live data being presented to third parties.
clubeurope likes this.
Old Jun 15, 18, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think that ITA doesn't do a good job with QR's married sector availabilities - there are fares around that price, but availability in I/R class ( according to EF) is not there on those specific flights

If you go to the QR site and check premium fares for 13/10 to 20/10 , there is availability at IDR 31,211,000.00 on different flights . Returning on 21st and will be slightly cheaper at IDR 29,319,000.00

Just don't use google flights , but go straight to QR site and you will be fine
NJSwamplands likes this.
Old Jun 15, 18, 4:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Iím trying to get my head round the exchange rate: GBP1 = IDR18,700(!)

Thatís an awful lot of zeroes to deal with.
Old Jun 15, 18, 4:56 pm

Programs: EK SILVER, SPG GOLD, QR GOLD,OW S, IHG GOLD. HH SILVER
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer View Post
Iím trying to get my head round the exchange rate: GBP1 = IDR18,700(!)

Thatís an awful lot of zeroes to deal with.
i felt the same .. when i took an uber for the 1st time visiting Bali ... IDR 11000 for a 5 minute ride ... go to see it was less than a $1 ...
Old Jun 15, 18, 6:42 pm

Programs: NZ *G
A friend who worked in the financial area of our "State Department" (Department of Foreign Affairs) had some fun helping the Embassy staff in Zimbabwe.... the number of zeros exceeded the capacity of their software....
clubeurope likes this.
Old Jun 21, 18, 12:30 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CXMP Silver, GarudaMiles, Fairmont PC, FS
Additionally, regarding using Google Flights / ITA Matrix, take the results with a grain of salt until you see the fares for yourself on the Airline/OTA's website. Google sometimes shows phantom fare availability or fares that are not bookable (at least for most people).

This is true to many airlines.

I thought I found a good ~£25 fare on Air Seychelles on a domestic flight the other day, turns out it was for Seychelles residents only, and found that the real fare was ~£100 for a 15 minute flight.