QR aircraft and individual air vents

Old Jun 12, 18, 9:17 am
Original Poster

QR aircraft and individual air vents

Hi folks,

Random question, I know.

Does anyone know if the QR 787's and A350's have individual air nozzles above seats in J class?

Many Thanks
Old Jun 12, 18, 9:36 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, MH Platinum, SPG Plat75
Originally Posted by bananahead View Post
Hi folks,

Random question, I know.

Does anyone know if the QR 787's and A350's have individual air nozzles above seats in J class?

Many Thanks
Yes they do , flew ARN to DOH on B787 and transferred to an A350 from DOH to SIN - wonderful cooling strong air vents on both planes.
TravelManBiz likes this.
Old Jun 12, 18, 10:01 am

Programs: EK Silver, QR Gold
Originally Posted by Brookhouse View Post
Yes they do , flew ARN to DOH on B787 and transferred to an A350 from DOH to SIN - wonderful cooling strong air vents on both planes.
Worth noting this is only on window seats. Aisle seats do not have air vents above and this can result in very hot night flights.
mk1dk and clubeurope like this.
Old Jun 12, 18, 6:59 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, MH Platinum, SPG Plat75
I was very lucky to be in Seat 1K on both legs then - ---------
Old Jun 16, 18, 5:57 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Do any of the A350 seats besides A/K have vents?
Old Jun 17, 18, 1:16 am

No don't think so. No centre bins.
Old Jun 17, 18, 6:27 am

Programs: BA BD SA
I cant recall, but do the centre seats not have the air vents built into the side like the EK suites do?
Old Jun 17, 18, 9:04 am

Programs: BA,SPG
Agree w/ others, just had an A350 + 787 segment recently. Windows only w/ the vents, except row 6 on the 787.

If you are one that likes to sleep in the cool and cover up (like me), you'll want a window seat. My boss was in the middle on the PHL -> DOH leg, he's also a large guy like me. He said he was hot in the middle for the sleeping part of that flight.

6D/E on the 787 have overhead air vents, as there are no A/K in that row. The flight attendant had offered to move me up on the 787, but, I told her I purposely picked that seat on the way home to get some solid sleep and cool air, after seeing it on the way there. No one was sitting next to me so it was quiet and private. I forget what she called the seats but she said something about people thinking they were detached from the rest of the cabin and not liking it.. I was quite the opposite!
Old Jun 19, 18, 5:47 am
Original Poster

Thanks so much for the replies folks.

I shall move our seats from the centre to the windows!
Old Jun 21, 18, 12:20 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC Diamond, BAEC Gold, SK EB Gold, JX COSMILE Insighter, Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by srcga View Post
Agree w/ others, just had an A350 + 787 segment recently. Windows only w/ the vents, except row 6 on the 787.

If you are one that likes to sleep in the cool and cover up (like me), you'll want a window seat. My boss was in the middle on the PHL -> DOH leg, he's also a large guy like me. He said he was hot in the middle for the sleeping part of that flight.

6D/E on the 787 have overhead air vents, as there are no A/K in that row. The flight attendant had offered to move me up on the 787, but, I told her I purposely picked that seat on the way home to get some solid sleep and cool air, after seeing it on the way there. No one was sitting next to me so it was quiet and private. I forget what she called the seats but she said something about people thinking they were detached from the rest of the cabin and not liking it.. I was quite the opposite!
6D/E are just by the lavatories and behind the entrance foyer, and so many people, specifically light sleepers (like myself) feel disturbed when seated there. It is theoretically more private, though I don't find it to be the case.

Also, Economy Passengers will pass your seat if seated in 6D/E during boarding, so expect many bumps. Additionally, the seats are just in front of the Bassinet seats in Y, so it may be loud.
Old Jun 21, 18, 2:43 am

Programs: Some...
I remember reading that airvents for the middle seat are actually above the windows seat : 2 airvents above each windows seat and one of them can be oriented toward the next center seat...
However, I'm not 100% sure..
Old Jun 21, 18, 6:29 pm

Programs: BA,SPG
Originally Posted by clubeurope View Post
6D/E are just by the lavatories and behind the entrance foyer, and so many people, specifically light sleepers (like myself) feel disturbed when seated there. It is theoretically more private, though I don't find it to be the case.

Also, Economy Passengers will pass your seat if seated in 6D/E during boarding, so expect many bumps. Additionally, the seats are just in front of the Bassinet seats in Y, so it may be loud.
Agreed completely. The lavatory doors face front so I wasn't as bothered as if they were facing the aisle. I was standing during boarding so didn't notice the bumps but good point.

I'm prepared for babies always.. nothing a good album w/ headphones or if I need to, earplugs, don't fix.
Old Jun 25, 18, 12:54 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC Diamond, BAEC Gold, SK EB Gold, JX COSMILE Insighter, Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by srcga View Post
I was standing during boarding so didn't notice the bumps but good point.
Usually happens most people bring (relatively large) cabin baggage, the case I found during my flights to Jakarta or some parts of South East Asia, or when there are many less experienced flyers, definitely more likely to happen on full 787 flights.

Search this Thread