Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

QR - Why do you do this, how can you do this!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR - Why do you do this, how can you do this!!!

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2018, 2:32 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Originally Posted by EK004 Regular
I need some perspective. I know that. I am just very disappointed that they don't seem to deliver a consistent product, also this always happens!
You should fly BA, Club World is always the same :-)
Old May 30, 2018, 5:01 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by vbh812
Earlier this month, I found myself on a A320/321 standard recliner aircraft (with iPads handed out for entertainment) instead of the 777W I booked. The difference between the 2 aircrafts in J, for a 5/6hr (late evening) flight, is significant. I was made aware of the change while transiting in Doha, but was told that the A320 had flat beds. While, I have travelled enough to know flight swaps happen, given the significant downgrade, I would have appreciated correct information and the offer of other options, even if it meant departing later.
Out of curiosity, what was the route?

77W to a narrow body is quite a switch, and likely an absolute last minute change.

M
Old May 30, 2018, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by vbh812
I would have appreciated correct information
In that case I suggest to avoid QR
NJSwamplands likes this.
Old May 30, 2018, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Well, there's not much we can do about equipment substitutions; but if I were charged extra for a QSuites aircraft and it was switched out, I would expect a refund of the QSuites upcharge. Failing that, QR would expect a small claims lawsuit from me for the upcharge.
spec119 likes this.
Old May 30, 2018, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Well, there's not much we can do about equipment substitutions; but if I were charged extra for a QSuites aircraft and it was switched out, I would expect a refund of the QSuites upcharge. Failing that, QR would expect a small claims lawsuit from me for the upcharge.
QR has worded the fare hike to protect against that by hiking the flight not by type of plane.
Old May 30, 2018, 11:17 pm

Programs: QR - plat (OWE), AI - Maharajah (* gold), Bonvoy - plat, HH - gold, Shangri La - jade, Sixt - plat
DOH - CMB
Old May 30, 2018, 11:19 pm

Programs: QR - plat (OWE), AI - Maharajah (* gold), Bonvoy - plat, HH - gold, Shangri La - jade, Sixt - plat
Yeah, I guess its a bit much to expect them to be able to identify the aircraft type/configuration 60mins before flight time.
Old May 31, 2018, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by NJSwamplands
QR has worded the fare hike to protect against that by hiking the flight not by type of plane.
That's OK. Let them come into court and explain to the judge.
nilsfr69 and NJSwamplands like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.