Membership Pack

Old May 25, 2018, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: QRPC-Plat/OWE, MPC, BAEC
Membership Pack

Hi all,

Wondering if it's just me, but have anybody also not received the membership pack for the year? I attained silver more than 3 months ago, but still haven't received mine. There was an email quoting the blockade as the reason for the delay quite a while ago, but thats it. Any insight?

Thanks,
Kelvin
Old May 25, 2018, 8:23 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
My Gold pack took several months to arrive. I have seen other posts where people had to wait 2/3 months for theirs to arrive.
Old May 25, 2018, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
My Gold pack took several months to arrive. I have seen other posts where people had to wait 2/3 months for theirs to arrive.
Thanks!
Old May 25, 2018, 9:00 am

Programs: QR Gold, HH Diamond, Melia Gold, Accor Silver, Amex Plat AT
Dec 14th 2017: Welcome to Silver Membership Level
Dec 29th 2017: We are experiencing delays in the delivery of your membership pack
Feb 25th 2018: ~ 10 days after I asked when the card will arrive -> Thank you very much for writing to Privilege Club.

We shall start working on the request and a Service Request number will be forwarded to you for future reference.

If your request is for a travel within the next 72 hrs, please visit your nearest Qatar Airways office or call our Contact center; they will be glad to assist you.

never heard anything again.

In the meantime I am trying that QRPC credits a regular BA flight to my Privilege Account which is 6 weeks back and which pushes me into QRPC Gold Tier. Always days for an answear to arrive...some messages coming from them are completely out of context. A bit like talking to a retard..?

There seems to be something fundamentlly wrong in the process of customer communication.
Worst of the worse customer support experience ever with all airlines and loyalty programs. I am totally tired.
Old May 25, 2018, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by trader_81
There seems to be something fundamentlly wrong in the process of customer communication.
Worst of the worse customer support experience ever with all airlines and loyalty programs. I am totally tired.
The case with QR: best service in air, non-existent service on ground
Traveller999 likes this.
Old May 25, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by HOLYMOLEAIR
Hi all,

Wondering if it's just me, but have anybody also not received the membership pack for the year? I attained silver more than 3 months ago, but still haven't received mine. There was an email quoting the blockade as the reason for the delay quite a while ago, but thats it. Any insight?

Thanks,
Kelvin
Requalified as Gold in Feb, nothing seen or heard since. My PC account registers as Gold & my Qmiles are crediting as Gold so no great problem.

Still irritating though.
Old May 25, 2018, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by impeymac
Requalified as Gold in Feb, nothing seen or heard since. My PC account registers as Gold & my Qmiles are crediting as Gold so no great problem.

Still irritating though.
I am starting to think that they are doing away with the membership packs as a response to the deficit this year 😂
Old May 25, 2018, 6:23 pm

Programs: QRPC-Silver & Star-Alliance
My Silver-pack took 3-4 months to arrive, last September.

So patience you must have, Obiwan !
Old May 25, 2018, 6:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Richard Bell
My Silver-pack took 3-4 months to arrive, last September.

So patience you must have, Obiwan !
am nearly past the 4 month mark, lets see how much longer I'll have to wait for
Old May 25, 2018, 7:15 pm

Programs: Qatar Platinum, One World Emerald, IHG Platinum Elite
I went through a 6 month back and forth with Qatar to receive my Platinum pack during which they sent the "We have mailed your packet.." email three times and none of them arrived, to a US based address. In the end, I wrote a lengthy and strongly worded complaint via Qatar's Facebook (and email). In the complaint, I asked that if they can't get a simple mail package to me to the US, through one of the world's most reliable mail systems, that either they make the pack available in Doha at the airport or send it to the Qatar Airways office in New York (or where I live, in Phnom Penh). Then something magical happened. I got a call from the head of the Qatar office in Phnom Penh (my primary base) that they have my package and that he wanted to hand it to me in person and apologize. And he did so graciously with a small gift pack (including a model B787!). Long story short, it took forever and many many back and forths, but it ended satisfactorily. This year, when I renewed Plat, they directly sent the packet the Qatar office and I just received a call asking that I come in to get it (no gift pack though :-) ..)
Traveller999 likes this.
Old May 26, 2018, 3:49 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
MIne has been due since December 2017. Two months ago I emailed QRPC and they said it was on the way. It never arrived so I called them last month and they made up some story that it had been mailed to me in February. I live in Doha so I call BS on that! Anyways, they told me they would send ‘another’ package within two weeks. Well’ I has been close to a month and counting...and still no package!
Old May 26, 2018, 9:10 am

I qualified for platinum in January. Still haven't received the card . . .
Old May 26, 2018, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
MIne has been due since December 2017. Two months ago I emailed QRPC and they said it was on the way. It never arrived so I called them last month and they made up some story that it had been mailed to me in February. I live in Doha so I call BS on that! Anyways, they told me they would send another package within two weeks. Well I has been close to a month and counting...and still no package!
Originally Posted by ashbjr
I went through a 6 month back and forth with Qatar to receive my Platinum pack during which they sent the "We have mailed your packet.." email three times and none of them arrived, to a US based address. In the end, I wrote a lengthy and strongly worded complaint via Qatar's Facebook (and email). In the complaint, I asked that if they can't get a simple mail package to me to the US, through one of the world's most reliable mail systems, that either they make the pack available in Doha at the airport or send it to the Qatar Airways office in New York (or where I live, in Phnom Penh). Then something magical happened. I got a call from the head of the Qatar office in Phnom Penh (my primary base) that they have my package and that he wanted to hand it to me in person and apologize. And he did so graciously with a small gift pack (including a model B787!). Long story short, it took forever and many many back and forths, but it ended satisfactorily. This year, when I renewed Plat, they directly sent the packet the Qatar office and I just received a call asking that I come in to get it (no gift pack though :-) ..)
Originally Posted by rberk
I qualified for platinum in January. Still haven't received the card . . .
Seems like it is a widespread issue then, is there really anything we can do about that though?
Old May 26, 2018, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by ashbjr
This year, when I renewed Plat, they directly sent the packet the Qatar office and I just received a call asking that I come in to get it (no gift pack though :-) ..)
I would have hoped that Platinum came with an A380 model...
Old May 26, 2018, 5:07 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by FlyingScientist
I would have hoped that Platinum came with an A380 model...
Yes, and a bottle of Krug

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.