Wiki Posts
Search

Crediting to BAEC

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2018, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyingScientist
Originally Posted by spec119
sorry I was under the impression that miles earned on BA can be used for upgrades on all OW members?
You can book reward flights on all OW carriers, but upgrade on BA, IB, and AA only.
And even then only on some fares.
AA forum thread. Link-> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...aster-thd.html
(Due to a recent software downgrade links are now not obvious)
BA has the same rules
Old May 25, 2018, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
Originally Posted by FlyingScientist
You can book reward flights on all OW carriers, but upgrade on BA, IB, and AA only.
Ive much to learn thanks for the information
Old May 26, 2018, 10:26 am

Programs: QR Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Plat
BAEC calculator is showing 0 Avios points earned for any QR flights but it's still showing the tier points earned. Is this normal? Or is this temporarily 0 out because of the 'enhancements'?
Old May 26, 2018, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dev1l
BAEC calculator is showing 0 Avios points earned for any QR flights but it's still showing the tier points earned. Is this normal? Or is this temporarily 0 out because of the 'enhancements'?
Seems ok for me

Old May 27, 2018, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Question for a credit another FFP expert

Ok so after the shocking new enhancements if I fly with QR and credit BAEC I guess I'll be treated as non ststus on board my qr flight also would I be entitled to access the skyteam lounge at LHR t4 or do I just present my QRPC card at check-in but there's always the chance they might add it to my PNR?
Old May 27, 2018, 10:07 am

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
Which class are you planning on flying in? If J, surely it makes little difference?
Old May 27, 2018, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mike P
Which class are you planning on flying in? If J, surely it makes little difference?
No just Y unfortunately
Old May 27, 2018, 11:48 am

No just Y unfortunately
You should be able to enter any OW lounge as long as you have a OW boarding pass.
Old May 27, 2018, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by makrom
You should be able to enter any OW lounge as long as you have a OW boarding pass.
MH is the only OW lounge I think opening times are restricted I think morning and evening
Old May 27, 2018, 3:27 pm

MH is the only OW lounge I think opening times are restricted I think morning and evening
You are not entitled to access for any non-OW lounge, regardless of whether you credit to the program where you have status or not. Quite often airlines hand out invitations voluntarily though, but in your situation, it might require some "negotiating" with the check in staff. Have your card ready as they won't be able to see your status in the system. Explain to them that you don't want to change the FFP to which this flight will be credited to, they should be able to understand that.
Another thing you could try is visiting a OW lounge in T5. Mixing terminals for security, lounges and departures is a common thing to do at airports like LAX where all relevant terminals are connected airside, However, security at LHR might not let you through in any other terminal than the one you are departing from, so don't rely on this approach to work.
Old May 27, 2018, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

You are not entitled to access for any non-OW lounge, regardless of whether you credit to the program where you have status or not. Quite often airlines hand out invitations voluntarily though, but in your situation, it might require some "negotiating" with the check in staff. Have your card ready as they won't be able to see your status in the system. Explain to them that you don't want to change the FFP to which this flight will be credited to, they should be able to understand that.
Another thing you could try is visiting a OW lounge in T5. Mixing terminals for security, lounges and departures is a common thing to do at airports like LAX where all relevant terminals are connected airside, However, security at LHR might not let you through in any other terminal than the one you are departing from, so don't rely on this approach to work.
T5 is a totally diferent building as is T4 but 1 to 3 are connected not dure about airside

QR generally hand out skyteam invitation for Y passengers with status however I won't be too upset if they don't I get bored after half an hour
Old May 27, 2018, 4:59 pm

T5 is a totally diferent building as is T4 but 1 to 3 are connected not dure about airside

QR generally hand out skyteam invitation for Y passengers with status however I won't be too upset if they don't I get bored after half an hour
Yes I know, that's why I said it will probably not work. And yes, it will come down to whether they will hand you an invitation or not. For 30 minutes, I wouldn't really bother though.
Old May 27, 2018, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Yes I know, that's why I said it will probably not work. And yes, it will come down to whether they will hand you an invitation or not. For 30 minutes, I wouldn't really bother though.
sorry thats me not paying attention yes you're quite right not a big deal
Old May 28, 2018, 4:06 am

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
No just Y unfortunately
Ah, OK, thanks for the clarification. I'd keep my time airside before boarding as brief as possible then.
Old May 28, 2018, 5:48 am

I've decided to start crediting all my future travel to AA.

The reasons being that I have an MBNA American Express and Visa which post miles directly to my AA account (I use these cards along with my SPG AMEX for most of my spend outside of Qatar).

Because of this I also know how to redeem QA flights using my AA miles. I do this once or twice a year.
I have also purchased some extra miles through AA when there is a sale. I did it last year for a New York trip, which is the only time I've ever flown AA!

I pretty much never fly BA either, and I don't know anything about BAEC (apart from how to search for award availability!)
Its also unlikely I will be getting any status anytime soon anyway as I dont fly enough. Economy a few times a year and use miles for a couple of flights in J every year!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.