Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

First time travel with Qatar in Business Class

Old May 21, 2018, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates, Thai, TK

Hi all,

I will be using Qatar for the first time.
I fly between Doha and Bangkok in Business Class ( QR836-837) with connecting Qatar flights. (transferring in Doha between QR)
Normally i fly with Emirates to Bangkok.
I understand that Qatar is using the A340 between Doha and Bangkok.
I'm not concerned about the soft product but i'm a little bit concerned about the hard product.
I tried to find the information but it is not very clear.
What can i expect on the A340 in Business Class regarding the seat etc.
Some pictures shows a flat bed and other a angled seat.
As i only try to sleep on the flight this is important for me.
Do they provide a amenity kit with a PJ ?
Also do they provide fast track in Bangkok for immigration on arrival and departure?

Sorry for all the questions but i just want to know what to expect and if it is equal to Emirates.
And as always all information is welcome and much appreciated.
Old May 21, 2018, 9:49 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

All A346s in QR have the B/E super diamond seat which are flat seats and relatively comfortable. Not the best seat or industry leading but decent enough for 4-6 hours sleep.
merijn likes this.
Old May 21, 2018, 9:12 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite
They also do provide PJ’s and amenity kit. I found the seat way too narrow and tight.
Old May 21, 2018, 10:44 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
You will get also fastrack
NJSwamplands and merijn like this.
Old May 22, 2018, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by merijn
I understand that Qatar is using the A340 between Doha and Bangkok.
As you already know if you're a regular here, there's a lot of equipment substitution across QR and especially on this route. They also fly 77W and 388 in addition to the 346 to/from BKK. The 388, in particular, is switched in and out with some frequency.
NJSwamplands and merijn like this.
Old May 25, 2018, 12:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, GHA Discovery Titanium, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
As you already know if you're a regular here, there's a lot of equipment substitution across QR and especially on this route. They also fly 77W and 388 in addition to the 346 to/from BKK. The 388, in particular, is switched in and out with some frequency.
I’ve only had two QR J trips (LHR - DOH - HKT and last week CDG - DOH - SGN) and both times the plane type and flight times were changed multiple times leading up to each trip. I was a bit disappointed that I wouldn’t get to try out the q suites when they swapped my 777 to a 380 on the return DOH to CDG last week but that soon went when I found out how amazing the A380 bar is.
Old May 25, 2018, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by I2sky

I’ve only had two QR J trips (LHR - DOH - HKT and last week CDG - DOH - SGN) and both times the plane type and flight times were changed multiple times leading up to each trip. I was a bit disappointed that I wouldn’t get to try out the q suites when they swapped my 777 to a 380 on the return DOH to CDG last week but that soon went when I found out how amazing the A380 bar is.
The bar is a great private and enclosed place to chat and relax. Hours can easily vanish like any good pub.
ATCOlad and GalaxyChris like this.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 2:41 pm

Programs: BA Silver VS EI
When I booked the QR836 DOH BKK leg of my trip it was on the 777. I noticed yesterday this has changed to 340. Not too bothered as I gather all the business seats in these aircraft have been upgraded! Love it to be changed again to 380!! Seat maps on Seat guru show two rows of first on this aircraft!! Is this correct? Any experiences with getting upgraded from J to F??
Old Sep 30, 2018, 3:19 pm

Programs: VS Gold and a few more.....
I'm 6ft 4" and found the seat very, very narrow and restrictive.

It's not for me - If you are over 6ft tall, you'll struggle with it based on my experience. BKK has a number of daily rotations, I'd recommend you pick a different departure time with another aircraft type.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by ATCOlad
I noticed yesterday this has changed to 340. Seat maps on Seat guru show two rows of first on this aircraft!! Is this correct?
No, there is no F on the A340. Seatguru is much out of date...
Old Oct 2, 2018, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by ATCOlad
Seat maps on Seat guru show two rows of first on this aircraft!! Is this correct?
Originally Posted by FlyingScientist
No, there is no F on the A340. Seatguru is much out of date...
Exactly. In terms of long haul F, it's only on the 380.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.