Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Major QRPC Changes - effective 27 May 2018

Major QRPC Changes - effective 27 May 2018

Old Sep 4, 2018, 12:29 pm

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Originally Posted by makrom
Economy $25
Business $50
First $75
This part here could be interesting:
"For changes on award tickets, no additional Qmiles will be collected irrespective of the date of issue. "
This is perhaps nice to hear for those lucky enough to book award tickets before the "enhancement".
These are the booking fees per sector, not the change fee. I think Qatar Airways is refering to the old change fee (pre "enhancements"), but of course as usually with Qatar Airways nobody knows for sure ...

Also there is no link to change award tickets on "manage my booking" page, and as Qatar Airways refuses to do the change on the phone, i guess the process of changing an award ticket will be painfully slow and complicated: write an email to QRPC requesting the change, and wait days or weeks for an answer, hoping that the availability for your new ticket hasn't vanished in the meantime ...
GalaxyChris and Traveller999 like this.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 1:50 pm

Programs: qatar
What is the validity of an award ticket? A ticket emitted on 27th may 2018 until what date can be posponed? Usually its one year so i guess I cannot choose a date after 27th may 2018
Old Sep 4, 2018, 1:55 pm

Yes its one year
Old Sep 4, 2018, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by GalaxyChris
Its not clear if the new change fee and the booking fee are the same amount. Per award ticket or award segment.
Originally Posted by Alfredbali
These are the booking fees per sector, not the change fee. I think Qatar Airways is refering to the old change fee (pre "enhancements"), but of course as usually with Qatar Airways nobody knows for sure ...

Also there is no link to change award tickets on "manage my booking" page, and as Qatar Airways refuses to do the change on the phone, i guess the process of changing an award ticket will be painfully slow and complicated: write an email to QRPC requesting the change, and wait days or weeks for an answer, hoping that the availability for your new ticket hasn't vanished in the meantime ...
Yes you guys are right. Upon closer inspection it looks like the page I quoted this from just sums up the "enhancements" from May 27, with the added lines about the possibility of changing awards now.
It also says this: "Booking fee is not applicable for changes on award bookings on Qatar Airways and partner airlines."

So perhaps it's indeed just these change fees:
Burgundy/Silver: $25 (more than 24 hours prior to departure), $100 (between 3 hours and 24 hours to departure)
Gold/Platinum: $0

However, on another page, this potentially outdated information can be found:
"Change to an existing Award (Qatar Airways or partner airlines) ticket: A minimum of USD.10 per ticket or higher will apply, depending on the country where it is issued."
Whatever that means...
beepee and Alfredbali like this.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 1:30 pm

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Originally Posted by Matt4
Buying a Saver fare would be enough (even if booking in O or T), no need to buy a flexi fare.
You are right, I just checked ->

SIN-DOH (1 way)
Economy to Business (Y,M,Q,V,S,O,N,K,H,B,T,L) 33 QCREDITS

DOH - LAX (1 way)
Economy to Business (Y,M,Q,V,S,O,N,K,H,B,T,L) 42 QCREDITS

I might be able to redeem my Qcredits for this membership year & next after all ^
Old Oct 25, 2018, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Due to a UL schedule reset, my flights from BKK-BOS and return around the Christmas/New Year's holidays are all fouled up.
Following up on this post, it was an interesting experience. Surprisingly, there was a fair amount of regular priced (i.e., not Q2) award space available in both directions between DOH and the U.S. over the Christmas holidays, at what I would have thought would be prime times for demand, and when they might have pulled all award availability because it's the holidays. I got regular priced J awards BKK-DOH-BOS leaving on December 21, and IAD-DOH-BKK leaving on January 2. (I didn't check every U.S. city, but there was also regular priced award availability LAX-DOH on January 2.) For my January 2 travel, both are QSuite flights. Flights from BOS to IAD can be had on B6 fairly cheaply; and I'm even considering Amtrak!

The website definitely needs more testing and debugging. For example, when I search for one-way availability, a warning message first flashes up for a fraction of a second telling me that the departure date must be before the arrival date. No idea what that means, -- once a flight departs, the date/time of arrival is pretty much out of the passenger's control. That happened repeatedly, so it wasn't a one-off. I have another flight that I'm trying to cancel, but it doesn't work. I'll call QRPC after I finish writing this post. Seat selection went smoothly, no problems.

All-in-all, I must say that while QR does have its problems with ground CS, they do seem to be making some progress, at least based on my experience over the past few days. Clearly QR still has a long way to go; but maybe it really is starting to get its act together. One never knows!
Old Oct 25, 2018, 12:10 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Earlier today, QR sent out a Survey asking for opinions from QRPC members.

Discussion of the survey and its motives, can be found here

M
ChocolateFactory likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 1:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Following up on this post, it was an interesting experience. Surprisingly, there was a fair amount of regular priced (i.e., not Q2) award space available in both directions between DOH and the U.S. over the Christmas holidays, at what I would have thought would be prime times for demand, and when they might have pulled all award availability because it's the holidays. I got regular priced J awards BKK-DOH-BOS leaving on December 21, and IAD-DOH-BKK leaving on January 2. (I didn't check every U.S. city, but there was also regular priced award availability LAX-DOH on January 2.) For my January 2 travel, both are QSuite flights. Flights from BOS to IAD can be had on B6 fairly cheaply; and I'm even considering Amtrak!

The website definitely needs more testing and debugging. For example, when I search for one-way availability, a warning message first flashes up for a fraction of a second telling me that the departure date must be before the arrival date. No idea what that means, -- once a flight departs, the date/time of arrival is pretty much out of the passenger's control. That happened repeatedly, so it wasn't a one-off. I have another flight that I'm trying to cancel, but it doesn't work. I'll call QRPC after I finish writing this post. Seat selection went smoothly, no problems.

All-in-all, I must say that while QR does have its problems with ground CS, they do seem to be making some progress, at least based on my experience over the past few days. Clearly QR still has a long way to go; but maybe it really is starting to get its act together. One never knows!
I recently booked a LHR BKK for April 2019 under the triple miles promotion and the DOH BKK & vv were easy to upgrade to J instantly which for me was new territory
I used my 40 Q credits to upgrade QR831 ( Q suites ) London flights unavailable for upgrade so useless 7 Q credits
I'm considering switching back to BR I had very good flights with them over the years loads of opups
unfortunately got to suffer BA9 in WTP to BKK next month can't even find an empower cable to power my phone powerbank I guess
Old Oct 30, 2018, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe I'm just lucky, but.... Cancelled a cash ticket online five days ago. System said that I would receive email confirmation of my cancellation request within 15 days (IIRC). It arrived in about two hours. System also told me that the credit would post to my credit card within 45 days. It appeared in my AMEX account today, five days after I made the refund request. No complaints here.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 7:43 am

Changing an existing award booking (made before enhancements)

Originally Posted by beepee
CabinBooking fee* (per sector** booked)Economy$25Business$50First$75To know how many Qmiles are required for an award ticket, visit our Qcalculator page.

* Booking fee is applicable only when issuing new award bookings on Qatar Airways flights.

**A sector is a portion/leg of a journey. For example, a journey from London - Doha - Bangkok is considered as two sectors.

● Booking fee is not applicable for changes on award bookings on Qatar Airways and partner airlines.

● Booking fee is non-refundable and excludes taxes as well as surcharges

● Effective 4th September 2018, changes are permitted with applicable change fees to all unutilized or partly utilized award tickets on Qatar Airways and partner airlines1.

● For changes on award tickets, no additional Qmiles will be collected irrespective of the date of issue.

● For promotional tickets, changes are permitted within the offer period. For changes done after the offer period, difference in Qmiles will apply.

● Other tax difference (if any) will also be applicable.

● This policy applies to all award tickets issued based on previous and/or revised Qmiles requirements.

1 For unutilized & partially used ticket, change of route within same region is permitted. For one-way travel: Only destination within the same region can be changed; origin change is not permitted. For round trip: Only turnaround point, within the same region can be changed; origin change is not permitted. Please note that sector change is not permitted for partner airline bookings.
I have an upcoming flight next week, booked from FRA to KUL with 71.250 Qmiles (before the enhancements). Now this same flight is 125,500 Qmiles. Unfortunately I can't make the flight next week and want to change it to Jan/Feb 2019 (no exact date known yet). According to the T&C stated above it should be possible for me to change this ticket without any trouble. Knowing QR for some time, I have some doubts about it. I would also prefer to leave the ticket open and decide later next year, when and how to use it.

Does anyone have some experience and/or advice on what to expect.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xadria
Does anyone have some experience and/or advice on what to expect.
You could call QR and ask....
Old Nov 11, 2018, 2:01 am

Qatar Airways confirms stupid qrpc policy and bad customer service

Pissed with Qatar Airways (again), here's the story:
​​​
i try to change the date of a J+F redemption ticket asia-doh-cdg by a few days (pre devaluation booking), found standard availability only in J+J class, write a date change request to qrpc, stating i don't mind being downgraded from F to J on the second leg.

Guess what? Got quick refusal from Qatar Airways as booking class must remain same... So stupid rule enforcement from qr, tried to escalate to supervisor without success, got a suggestion that i should cancel my existing booking and book new date at more than double the number of Qmiles (from 71000 to 145000)...

Pay double the miles to get downgraded... No thanks! !!

Qatar Airways ffp and customers service is still very bad ....
NoY and Richard Bell like this.

Last edited by Alfredbali; Nov 11, 2018 at 2:40 am
Old Nov 11, 2018, 2:35 am

Programs: QRPC-Silver & Star-Alliance
got a suggestion that i should cancel my existing booking and book new date at more than double the number of Qmiles (from 71000 to 145000)...

Pay double the miles to get downgraded... No thanks! !!
A classic example demonstrating, for anyone who might doubt it, just how drastic the devaluation of Qmiles was, when QRPC 'enhanced' our experience !
NoY likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 3:02 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
I had a similar situation, what I did was just turned up to the airport and requested a change when I needed to travel and paid the fees (which was considerably less than the fees QA were trying to charge me when I first floated the idea to change flights)
Old Nov 11, 2018, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't understand....
i try to change the date of a J+F redemption ticket asia-doh-cdg by a few days (pre devaluation booking), found standard availability only in J+J class, write a date change request to qrpc, stating i don't mind being downgraded from F to J on the second leg.

Guess what? Got quick refusal from Qatar Airways as booking class must remain same... So stupid rule enforcement from qr, tried to escalate to supervisor without success, got a suggestion that i should cancel my existing booking and book new date at more than double the number of Qmiles (from 71000 to 145000)...
I don't understand. If there was standard availability, why more than double the miles? I'm obviously missing something here.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.