Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Major QRPC Changes - effective 27 May 2018

Major QRPC Changes - effective 27 May 2018

Old May 23, 2018, 5:08 am

In the same boat as you, is this supposed to be related to existing award ticket?
Old May 23, 2018, 5:13 am

Was referring to an earlier post about fees for already booked award tickets. What is an "unutilised award tickets" supposed to mean? Does this refer to existing award ticket? What about upgrades? Do we need to pay the fee then?

Award ticket

We have revised our Qmiles redemption requirements for award tickets. Please visit our Qcalculator to learn more.
  • In case of unutilised award tickets, members need to refund and issue a new award ticket. This applies to tickets issued with previous as well as newly revised Qmiles requirements. Changes are not allowed, refund fee applies.
  • In case of partially used tickets, date changes are permitted with an applicable fee. The Qmiles value shall remain as per the original award ticket, and no additional Qmiles shall be collected. This applies to tickets issued with previous as well as newly revised Qmiles requirements.
Old May 23, 2018, 5:19 am

Programs: QR platinum
IT means that if you want to change an award ticket before it has been used you will have to cancel the award ticket and pay the fees for that and redeem for a new ticket and pay the new fees starting 27/05. Award tickets are non changeable , unless you have already flown a sector of the ticket
This will be for tickets issued before and after 27/05

Last edited by beepee; May 23, 2018 at 5:34 am
Old May 23, 2018, 5:49 am

Ok, thanks for the clarification!
Old May 23, 2018, 6:43 am

Programs: QR: Gold; Marriott: Amb; UA: 1K; Taj: Silv
Originally Posted by Crisu69
Received an email form Emirates regarding my status match request with QR Platinum. They dont do it right now anymore:
That's strange. I asked for a match last week, and got it this Monday. Silver until July 2019.
Old May 23, 2018, 6:45 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by Crisu69
Received an email form Emirates regarding my status match request with QR Platinum. They dont do it right now anymore:
Maybe too many Platinum members want to change ;-)
Old May 24, 2018, 2:03 am

Originally Posted by roadwarriorafrica
Just tried to log into QRPC. Asks for a mobile number, which I gave mine (the one in my profile). No OTP arrives, despite several tries. Call QR, and get told that my number must be associated with another account, so have to fill in a form, and email back with two forms of ID. Such a bloody joke that they cannot fix it on the phone.

Another enhanced feature?

i am am facing the same problem. Sent many emails and made many calls but the QR customer service just did not help solve the problem. Stupid and joke!
Old May 24, 2018, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by kwoonkay

i am am facing the same problem. Sent many emails and made many calls but the QR customer service just did not help solve the problem. Stupid and joke!
Try it from a different browser! I know it sounds weird, but it worked for me once. Nothing from Chrome, and got the OTP after the first try in Firefox... Maybe it won't help, but worth a try.
Old May 24, 2018, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by rviktor
Try it from a different browser! I know it sounds weird, but it worked for me once. Nothing from Chrome, and got the OTP after the first try in Firefox... Maybe it won't help, but worth a try.
Got it. I will try the Firefox. Thank you very much for the suggestion.
Old May 25, 2018, 12:40 am

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite
Angry

Originally Posted by rviktor
I tried Firefox, Chrome and Safari. No luck at all. And the Call centre plus customer service guys don't know what else to do
Old May 25, 2018, 11:25 am

OTP is not working for now, as well as all award booking. App is also disabled (award booking). They stopped everything to make sure you do not spend your miles before the award booking fees are active....
Richard Bell and Traveller999 like this.
Old May 25, 2018, 12:00 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG One Ambassador Diamond, Marriott Titanium
That's why I bought my Economy ticket and upgraded it yesterday

I knew something like that was coming...
Traveller999 likes this.
Old May 25, 2018, 3:19 pm

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Glad i have only <5000 qmiles left in my account. Time to start looking elsewhere until Qatar Airways becomes attractive again.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old May 25, 2018, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
But, of course, there's another way to look at this. If you bought a number of tickets during last January's sale, you're earning double miles on them. Combine this with people defecting to other carriers, and we may start to see more availability for award tix.
wickedkhalsa likes this.
Old May 25, 2018, 5:22 pm

Programs: MARIOTT GOLD, QR GOLD,OW S. HH DIA, CHASE RESERVE
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
But, of course, there's another way to look at this. If you bought a number of tickets during last January's sale, you're earning double miles on them. Combine this with people defecting to other carriers, and we may start to see more availability for award tix.
i bought 2 J tix last jan 5x miles .... used all of them miles up ... got another J tix this jan for 3x miles ... i'm sticking w. QR.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.